Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    That other picture of Sirius is even worse. He looks so UGLY in there, and WAY too old. I think that Alfonso Cuaron (is he the director or something?) has a better look for Sirius. He's young, can look scruffy and rugged.
    Yeah- I think you're talking about the same person I was earlier- he looked like he could make a good, tasty, rugged sirius- think he was the producer or something...there was a picture of him in a Times magazine somewhen and I though...mmm...if only but instead we get Gary Oldman *sigh*...

ReputationRep:
    I've been driven mad..............

I will no longer be able to post.

If anyone really wants to get into the nitty gritty of the story and not all this surface crap then let me know.............

Otherwise, I dont want to offend anyone but

bye bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I've been driven mad..............

I will no longer be able to post.

If anyone really wants to get into the nitty gritty of the story and not all this surface crap then let me know.............

Otherwise, I dont want to offend anyone but

bye bye
    Wha wha?! Pwease explain? -hope I didn't say something to put you off? *egan is confubled*...
    Continue nitty-grittying into the story...tis a thread requiring constant postage and discussion...
    :confused: don't go away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I've listened to the tape repeatedly and am pretty sure Lilly comes out first and says something like 'your father's just coming'.
    no i beleive its james that comes out first and he's like "hold on a little longer, your mother wants to see you"

anyway-about lavender..what is wrong..did we offend u in some way, if its about us not talking about what u like then why don't u suggest something..

CR

ReputationRep:
    i've just thought of another weird thing in the books. in book 4 sirius tells harry that it was crouch who was responsible for putting him in azkaban without a trial, but in book 3 dumbledore says he gave evidence at sirius's trial saying he was the potters' secret keeper. it doesn't make sense...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!! No, nobody offended me in any way!! I just hate putting up posts and then they arent even given any second thought,

but we can sure go on and on about how sexy sirius is going to be!
    I DONT GIVE A FLYING @#$! how sexy sirius is going to be besides the fact I like Gary Oldman

So yes, I know im being a little pissy, but im sure Ill get over it, I just want a little more in depth discussions on the story and why this and why we think that and a little rebutal if we dont agree!!!

And if one of my posting ideas earlier was crap and you think im off my rocker then that is ok too, but please respond to them.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i've just thought of another weird thing in the books. in book 4 sirius tells harry that it was crouch who was responsible for putting him in azkaban without a trial, but in book 3 dumbledore says he gave evidence at sirius's trial saying he was the potters' secret keeper. it doesn't make sense...

lou xxx
    Thats a good catch, I just finished 3 and 4 back to back and didnt even pick up on that.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good catch, I just finished 3 and 4 back to back and didnt even pick up on that.
    i am right in thinking that tho aren't i? i've reread those books so many times, but i only just twigged on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i am right in thinking that tho aren't i? i've reread those books so many times, but i only just twigged on that one.
    Did dumbledore actually say that, or did someone else talking about the situation say that Dumbledore gave evidence at the trial....

if you can find it take a look, i dont have the book here with me now, but I thought maybe someone else was talking about it, and maybe not everyone knew sirius didnt get an actual trial.

ReputationRep:
    Did dumbledore actually say that, or did someone else talking about the situation say that Dumbledore gave evidence at the trial....

if you can find it take a look, i dont have the book here with me now, but I thought maybe someone else was talking about it, and maybe not everyone knew sirius didnt get an actual trial.
    *gets very annoyed as can't find book 3* i was going to look it up, but can't. i'm pretty sure dumbledore says something along the lines of 'sirius hasn't acted like an innocent man, i myself gave evidence that he was the potters' secret keeper' when sirius is meant to be getting the kiss just before they use the time-turner. has anyone else got the book so they can check?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Just checked up in book 3. Dumbledore said "I myself gave evidence to the ministry that Sirius had been the Potters' Secret Keeper".
    I guess that doesn't mean that he gave evidence at the trial. Maybe the members of the ministry came to him as he supposedly knew who the secret keeper was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Just checked up in book 3. Dumbledore said "I myself gave evidence to the ministry that Sirius had been the Potters' Secret Keeper".
    I guess that doesn't mean that he gave evidence at the trial. Maybe the members of the ministry came to him as he supposedly knew who the secret keeper was.
    thaks for clearing that up! presumably they took whatever their equivalent of a 'statement' from dumbledore when the potters died. am quite concerned at how close i got what dumbledore said to the actual book *maybe louisa should get a life*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I just realized something else that looks out of place, in book 4 they talk about the horseless carriages quite a few times, even when they are headed home from hogwarts, but in book 5 harry and see the thestrals, because he saw cedric die, so shouldnt he have been able to see the thestrals when they were leaving hogwarts at the end of year 4?

ReputationRep:
    I just realized something else that looks out of place, in book 4 they talk about the horseless carriages quite a few times, even when they are headed home from hogwarts, but in book 5 harry and see the thestrals, because he saw cedric die, so shouldnt he have been able to see the thestrals when they were leaving hogwarts at the end of year 4?
    yes but he never talked about them i don't beleive with ron and hermoine or whoever...it was only brought up in year 5 because harry said something about them...i don'
    t think they were mentioned though in 4

CR

ReputationRep:
    According to JKR (on a webcast or somthing), Harry didn't se them on the way back from year 4 because it takes a while to deal with / accept the the death or somthing like that. It dosn't sound like a good reason though, just conveniance for bringing the thestrals in at book 5.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!! No, nobody offended me in any way!! I just hate putting up posts and then they arent even given any second thought,

but we can sure go on and on about how sexy sirius is going to be!
    I DONT GIVE A FLYING @#$! how sexy sirius is going to be besides the fact I like Gary Oldman

So yes, I know im being a little pissy, but im sure Ill get over it, I just want a little more in depth discussions on the story and why this and why we think that and a little rebutal if we dont agree!!!

And if one of my posting ideas earlier was crap and you think im off my rocker then that is ok too, but please respond to them.......
    Hey folks!

Been away from the board all weekend (sometimes we need to take a break ) Anyhow, yesterday, I bought Sorceror's Stone in Spanish hoping to start reading it later this week. But, that's not what I want to talk about. Gary Oldman/Sirius. I've kept this back for a while, but to my understanding, Gary Oldman is often referred to as a very "sexy"/"attractive" man. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, they're making him look old and worn for this movie as he recently escaped from azkaban (death eaters, nothing to live for, wilting away, etc) and has been on the run living as a dog? Think about it, they want him to look old and haggard for this movie. Now for GoF and OOTP, they'll probably have him back to his usual self. Seriously, look at that guy, cut his hair, give him a bath and a shave, and a couple of good meals, he'll probably look a lot better.

Just my two cents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yes but he never talked about them i don't beleive with ron and hermoine or whoever...it was only brought up in year 5 because harry said something about them...i don'
    t think they were mentioned though in 4

CR
    Its definately mentioned in book 4, right at the very end when everyones leaving and Krum and Fleur come to say good bye. It mentions the carriages first then it specifically says "horseless carriages"

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and just a thought, maybe Lily and james were Unspeakables. That might explain why not much is mentioned about their careers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Hey folks!

Been away ....... he'll probably look a lot better.

Just my two cents
    Here's a "more refined picture of GO.

http://www.fantafilm.it/attori/OLDMAN.JPG

ReputationRep:
    :confused: hmm well the prophet would be wrong if harry didnt kill him and they usually aren't...and im hoping there would be a battle in the end BUT remember in Harry and the Goblet of Fire? they dueled and that weird thing happened why you ask? if you read carefully enough it was because their wands are of the the same make and base...so them dueling would b that interesting unless voldermont loses his wand and has to use another one that has a different base then that would b a duel lol of course we know that harry will win but he may also die in the process then his friends cry or w/e and he lives again

do u think heirmine likes harry? i do

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.