Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    LOL, I went to see the new HP film last night. What can I say, it was the most pointless and rubbish film I have ever seen. The plot is hardly worth staying awake for, th visual effects are crap and the acting of some of the characters is appalling, ie. Hermione.

I think the book is so much better, the film does it no justice whatsoever.
    Finally! Someone who agrees with me

ReputationRep:
    Why the obsession with the heir of Gryffindor? Personally I can believe those who lean toward Harry being the heir simply because he pulled the sword out of the sorting hat in Book 2, but remember that it was Fawkes who gave him the hat in the CoS. Has anyone given any thought to Harry and Dumbledore being related?

ReputationRep:
    Time for the ultimate Harry Potter question for the ultimate Harry Potter discussion. How do wizards and witches get their wands back after being either locked away in Azkaban or even demoted to spirit form ala Voldemort? Sirius and the captured death eaters all had wands after breaking out from Azkaban. The exception being Book 3 when Sirius had to borrow Ron's wand. Yet I can't for the life of me figure out how Voldemort managed to get his wand back. He was forced from his body after trying to kill Harry. Wouldn't the wand be lying on the ground? Just thinking logically here. Yet Voldemort had his wand back in Book 4 when he killed the old man and Bertha Jorkins. Then Pettigrew used it to kill Cedric. Just how do they retrieve their wands like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Finally! Someone who agrees with me
    What do you mean finally. I thought we all thought the film was rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Why the obsession with the heir of Gryffindor? Personally I can believe those who lean toward Harry being the heir simply because he pulled the sword out of the sorting hat in Book 2, but remember that it was Fawkes who gave him the hat in the CoS. Has anyone given any thought to Harry and Dumbledore being related?
    I don't think so, although I do think dumbledore was a gryffindor when he was at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Where's sire when you need him?
    Its those damn red light districts I tells ya. Such quality salesmanship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Time for the ultimate Harry Potter question for the ultimate Harry Potter discussion. How do wizards and witches get their wands back after being either locked away in Azkaban or even demoted to spirit form ala Voldemort? Sirius and the captured death eaters all had wands after breaking out from Azkaban. The exception being Book 3 when Sirius had to borrow Ron's wand. Yet I can't for the life of me figure out how Voldemort managed to get his wand back. He was forced from his body after trying to kill Harry. Wouldn't the wand be lying on the ground? Just thinking logically here. Yet Voldemort had his wand back in Book 4 when he killed the old man and Bertha Jorkins. Then Pettigrew used it to kill Cedric. Just how do they retrieve their wands like that?
    I think that the death eaters retrieved the wand and kept it for voldermort as, in spirit form, he would not be able to retain a solid object.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What do you mean finally. I thought we all thought the film was rubbish.
    Even better Though when I posted about the film, it was in reply to posts praising the flick. I honestly hope they put a bit of effort into the 4th one, but I just can't see how they can make it work without making it a two volume kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Even better Though when I posted about the film, it was in reply to posts praising the flick. I honestly hope they put a bit of effort into the 4th one, but I just can't see how they can make it work without making it a two volume kind of thing
    The 4th one will be the most difficult to make, there is so much that happens in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You only brought this up cos i brought it up before. I think this would be a more interesting question that the current ones on the poll.

Maybe you can use the summoning charm to get your wand. They use someelses wand to use the summoning charm to get back their own wand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Has anyone given any thought to Harry and Dumbledore being related?
    JK already answered this question. She said "If Harry were related to Dumbledore, why would he have to live with the Dursleys". Also Voldemort believes that Harry and Dumbledore have just a Headmaster and Pupil relationship. Don't you think Voldemort would know if Harry and Dumbledore were related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    The 4th one will be the most difficult to make, there is so much that happens in it.
    Does anyone know if they are definately opting for the two part film?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    That is news to me, but it would be much more preferable than cramming everything into maybe a 3 hour film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's cos we've really run out of stuff to talk about. But i've just remembered a topic i've been wanting to put up.

Voldemort was left without a body right when Harry defeated him as a baby. So what happened to his wand? We know it's the same wand that he had as a student cos of Mr Olivander and of Prior In.......whatever (you know what i mean) in GoF. So how did he get his wand back after all those years.
    Sorry for posting a similar thing above. I hadn't gone and fully checked all posts since my last visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    They are definately not doing a two part film for it. They've even cut out the Dursleys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    JK already answered this question. She said "If Harry were related to Dumbledore, why would he have to live with the Dursleys". Also Voldemort believes that Harry and Dumbledore have just a Headmaster and Pupil relationship. Don't you think Voldemort would know if Harry and Dumbledore were related.
    Dumbledore a rather old chap. And not very much is known about him at all when you think about it. He has to live with the Dursley's because of Petunia I thought. Lily's sister, and therfore direct blood relation on that non-magical side of the family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    They are definately not doing a two part film for it. They've even cut out the Dursleys.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What!! that is important (and/or funny) to the story, I bet they have cut out half the other important stuff as well .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Dumbledore a rather old chap. And not very much is known about him at all when you think about it. He has to live with the Dursley's because of Petunia I thought. Lily's sister, and therfore direct blood relation on that non-magical side of the family.
    Do we know who James' parants are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Thats why i said the last bit. If Voldemort relised that Harrys and Dumbledores relationship was more than Headmaster and Pupil, he would have tried to use Harry to spy on him. And as Voldemort is onew of the smartest wizards alive, don't you think he would know if Dumbledore was related to Harry.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.