Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I am sure I remember this being mentioned a few thousand posts ago, but roughly when I expect to be walking into a store to hand over my hard earnt money for Book 7 in the Harry Potter series?
    2525 will man still be alive? I wonder if woman can survive (sorry zager&evans moment, great song)
    I think 6 next year and 7 3 years later. God, that would make me 20 when 7 is published.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Gawd. I had to fork over nigh on $40 Australian for mine.
    How much is an Australian Dollar worth compared to a pound or USD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, I have 3 or 4 chapters of a final fantasy 7 fanfic on http://www.fanfiction.net. Just search of wiwarin and you should get it. (it's called shadow bane)
    taking a look now. brb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    How much is an Australian Dollar worth compared to a pound or USD?
    approx. $2.50 Australian buys one pound British
    approx. $1.25 Australian buys one dollar American

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    approx. $2.50 Australian buys one pound British
    approx. $1.25 Australian buys one dollar American
    Man you got ripped off. They were all on "sale" every where in the US for $20 dollars or so. The list price is 32, which would be close to what you paid, but they were all on sale.

ReputationRep:
    I just figured out that I am only making like 2 posts per day on this thread. That is %20 percent of my total posts.

ReputationRep:
    Not bad. Admittedly I'm not the greatest Final Fantasy fan, but if I may I'm just going to past an excerpt here and give a tiny bit of advice.

All infrastructure that had existed previously had been either destroyed or severely damaged as the Shin-Ra Corporation had fallen, leaving only a few squabbling executives, trying to claim presidency of Shin-Ra. After months of petty squabbling, Reeve, the highest-ranking executive who survived, was proclaimed the new president of the Shin-Ra Corporation. This solved one problem, as Reeve quickly set about repairing Junion and Midgar, as well as beginning development on a new type of reactor that didn't rely on mako. There was an even larger problem though, and this problem could not be solved so easily, well actually it was two problems, one called Emerald Weapon, the other called Ruby Weapon.

Basically I advise against too much repetition. There are two words in this excerpt that get used a bit too much. 'squabbling' and 'problem'. It just kinda stopped it from flowing as much as it could have. Just me being niggly, but there is talent there and I also advise you to begin writing a few short stories and seeing if a local paper will publish them for you. I reckon you'd do rather well. If not on the best seller list some day, definitely a local presence in the world of literature.

ReputationRep:
    I just figured out that I am only making like 2 posts per day on this thread. That is %20 percent of my total posts.
    no idea what my average on this thread would be. going to check my total post count on it now though. should have made 300 by now I think

ReputationRep:
    339 posts on this thread including this one. Not bad. *pats self on back*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    339 posts on this thread including this one. Not bad. *pats self on back*
    How exactly did you find that out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Not bad. Admittedly I'm not the greatest Final Fantasy fan, but if I may I'm just going to past an excerpt here and give a tiny bit of advice.

Basically I advise against too much repetition. There are two words in this excerpt that get used a bit too much. 'squabbling' and 'problem'. It just kinda stopped it from flowing as much as it could have. Just me being niggly, but there is talent there and I also advise you to begin writing a few short stories and seeing if a local paper will publish them for you. I reckon you'd do rather well. If not on the best seller list some day, definitely a local presence in the world of literature.
    Well, I might do, although I was thinking of creating my own website with my own literature on it.

ReputationRep:
    How exactly did you find that out?
    You click on the number of posts in a thread in the forum.

ReputationRep:
    You click on the number of posts in a thread in the forum.
    ahhh, me gets that now.

ReputationRep:
    You know, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if you had a harry potter beat em up game, similar kind of premise to tekkan or soul calibre.

ReputationRep:
    Since nobody is posting I'll do some calculations.

There are 9552 posts in this thread. The thread was started 385 days ago. That's 24.81 posts per day, which is 1.03375 pph and .017229167 ppm. We are 448 posts from 10,000. At the rate we are going now, 18 days from now, we will be at 10,000 posts. That will be Sunday August the 8th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'll field this one. Ya see when our big tough boy phoenix (Fawkes) comes across a lonely damsel in distress girl phoenix (Mrs. Fawkes) he does the strangest thing. He gets behind the girl phoenix and tries his hardest to leapfrog her. He keeps this up for a little while, but to no avail. After giving it a good shot he gives up and goes off to get on with better things, perhaps another death A while later, more little Fawkes' appear on the scene
    You mean it doesnt have anything to do with the birds and the bee's? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, although I doubt that volermorts mother was evil, although she was a sliverin.
    I dunno, i got the feeling it runs in the family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    You mean it doesnt have anything to do with the birds and the bee's? :eek:
    I seriously doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    thats a great idea. She really should do something like that Silmarillion thing. Though by going from what I've seen on her site, she doubts she will be doing anything more on Harry Potter after book 7
    Yeah, she said a while ago she wants harry out of her life. I wonder if she will write other books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Yeah, she said a while ago she wants harry out of her life. I wonder if she will write other books?
    She has said that she might write another book for charity, maybe it will be hogwarts a history.

I am making this, my 2000th post, in the same thread that my first post came.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.