Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    How else could it be?
    The last chapter might just be simply closing the series, almost an epilogue, as there is literally no book, including previous harry potter books than have ended with the climax without having a rundown chapter afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    The last chapter might just be simply closing the series, almost an epilogue, as there is literally no book, including previous harry potter books than have ended with the climax without having a rundown chapter afterwards.
    i thought it WAS an epilogue - like what happens to all the characters after the story leaves off. hasnt she already written it? i'm confyoozled. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    i thought it WAS an epilogue - like what happens to all the characters after the story leaves off. hasnt she already written it? i'm confyoozled. :confused:
    Well, if it is an epilogue, that means that it cannot contain the showdown between harry and voldermort then, can it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will be an epilogue. The last line is supposedly, "Harry, where's your scar?" that doesn't sound much like an epilogue to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I don't think it will be an epilogue. The last line is supposedly, "Harry, where's your scar?" that doesn't sound much like an epilogue to me.
    Well, who says that though, as it could be the dursleys.

ReputationRep:
    Thats just a rumor, i doubt its true.

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly how I envisage the series ending. JK's already said we won't need any later books as she plans to let us know what happens to everyone. That just seems like the easiest way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Thats exactly how I envisage the series ending. JK's already said we won't need any later books as she plans to let us know what happens to everyone. That just seems like the easiest way to do it.
    which probably means lots of people die....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Thats just a rumor, i doubt its true.
    But it could be.

I do agree that it isn't likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Makes sense I guess. In Book 4 Harry simply said accio broomstick to get his firebolt in the first task. Though I would have thought that anyone sent to Azkaban for a life sentence would have their wand broken. Hagrid had his broken for supposedly opening the Chamber of Secrets and Harry was threatened with having his broken just for a bit of improper use of magic. I was thinking that using the unforgivable curses was improper too. Strange, but JKR really does seem to be leaving some gaping holes in the story.
    I don't think she was counting on an army of fans tearing apart every letter and word she wrote!

ReputationRep:
    I must say that in most books that you read, especially fantasy, there are many aspects that are mentioned breifly that are left unexplained fully. Do we actually know how old fawkes is for instance, or the full background of the first assension (sp) to power of voldermort.
    JK did mention somewhere that she would go into more details about the birth of voldie (or it way have been tom riddle) in the next books. Also, my feeling is that Fawkes is around 1000 years old if he belonged to griffindor originally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Indeed. Dumbledore also said that Flamel had enough stocks of the elixir (sp) to set his affairs in order. I still think Dumbledore is using the stone, otherwise why didn't he destroy it at the beginning of the book? He knew someone was after it, but risked it being stolen anyway?
    I think dumbledore is not very old by wizarding standards, so has no need to use it at present. He probably did not destroy it earlier because he was unable to convince flamel. I think dumbledore must have taken to stone from flamel for safe keeping the day voldemort attacked harry and turned into spirit form, because then dumbledore would have known the stone's significance to voldie and that he would try to steal it.

As to how dumbledore knew that gringott's would be broken into at that very point is not known, after all hagrid removed the stone just in the nick of time!

ReputationRep:
    I would no want to be in hufflepuff though, I would much prefer to be a ravenclaw.
    Join Hufflepuff, the house of equality, honesty and loyalty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    JK did mention somewhere that she would go into more details about the birth of voldie (or it way have been tom riddle) in the next books. Also, my feeling is that Fawkes is around 1000 years old if he belonged to griffindor originally
    If he is over 1000 years old, it is possible that he is godric gyriffindor himself, in animal state. An animagus can stay in animal form for many years, that has been shown and it seems quite possible that the animagus will gain whatever virtues the animal has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    As to how dumbledore knew that gringott's would be broken into at that very point is not known, after all hagrid removed the stone just in the nick of time!
    Maybe he has some seer in his blood that turns itself off just about every time it could be usefull.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he has some seer in his blood that turns itself off just about every time it could be usefull.
    Maybe it is latent like mrs whatsherface, and only surfaces very occassionally.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it is latent like mrs whatsherface, and only surfaces very occassionally.

Who? Trelawney? Maybe it was just a coincedence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Who? Trelawney? Maybe it was just a coincedence...
    Yes, that's who I meant. But you have to agree that it is quite a coincidence, even in potter terms.

ReputationRep:
    ohhhh my. 438 pages. can't remember the last page i had a post.

hey guys, still remember me?

sooo, anyone care to inform me what you guys are talking about right now? too lazy to go back to previous pages... ehehehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    ohhhh my. 438 pages. can't remember the last page i had a post.

hey guys, still remember me?

sooo, anyone care to inform me what you guys are talking about right now? too lazy to go back to previous pages... ehehehe.
    your alive!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.