Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    But really, how long can she be expected to continue with it? She has a family now
    Tolkein had a family, and there were two world wars, but he stuck with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Tolkein had a family, and there were two world wars, but he stuck with it.
    But we cannot compare every single author to him. Just because he stuck with it for a long time doesnt mean she has too.

ReputationRep:
    grrr ive just finished reading and now i have to trawl through this whole thread.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    grrr ive just finished reading and now i have to trawl through this whole thread.....
    see you in a couple weeks then

ReputationRep:
    i was dissapointed when cedric died

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i wish it had been his dad instead

PS, it's disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    You know that should have come with the warning *****SPOILER***** with it, as it quite obviously spoils the book.

ReputationRep:
    You know that should have come with the warning *****SPOILER***** with it, as it quite obviously spoils the book.
    guess what? harry is a wizard.

does that spoil book 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    guess what? harry is a wizard.

does that spoil book 1?
    technically i guess so

ReputationRep:
    It is obvious that to someone who had not read the books that this forum would have spoilers. The problem will come when the next book is released. When that happens, I would suggest that a mod close this thread for 2 days or so.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh on the disrespect, but still, she is prepared to abandon her world with completing the mythology and background of it.
    JK obviously did not imagine HP would be so huge and there would be so much demand for it. Shes probably overwhelmed by it all or maybe wants to concentrate on other writing like sir arthur conan doyle.

As for the last word meaning scar, it does not imply that Harry will definitely survive, it could still go either way ('And that story was all that was left of the boy with the scar' etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    JK is pregnant again, how do you think this will effect book 6? do you reckon she'll hurry it to get it out the way before, or wait until after?

ReputationRep:
    Another thing that bugs me is the fact she will only do another book for charity, suggesting she cares so little for the world she created she will not do a background anyway.
    Or maybe she always planned to do a background book but seeing as she is now richer than the queen she wants to do something nice and hand the proceeds over to charity. Give the woman a break!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    JK is pregnant again, how do you think this will effect book 6? do you reckon she'll hurry it to get it out the way before, or wait until after?
    Really? Guess she'll be ok for a while though, I mean, its not other jobs whereyour kinda forced to take maternity leave, she can carry on as long as she can reach the keyboard! So long as she gets the first draft finished by the time its born the publishers and editors etc can do the rest for a while! God I'd love to be her editor, get to see all the story first and all the bits that never made the final cut!

EDIT: I've just realised I registered a year ago, I'm officially a year old! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Really? Guess she'll be ok for a while though, I mean, its not other jobs whereyour kinda forced to take maternity leave, she can carry on as long as she can reach the keyboard! So long as she gets the first draft finished by the time its born the publishers and editors etc can do the rest for a while! God I'd love to be her editor, get to see all the story first and all the bits that never made the final cut!

EDIT: I've just realised I registered a year ago, I'm officially a year old! Yay!
    Happy aniversary. I'm a year old on monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    i heard that she said that the pregnancy and birth of her next child will not affect the progress of the book, and she will continue hard at work on book 6. i dont think that if she was really determined it would slow down her writing all that much but i dont have a very good idea of how much she writes. i am writing a book at the moment, and i usually like to write 5 pages two times a week if i can fit it in, but thats really lazy, i expect she writes LOADS more than that.
    just out of interest, has any1 here ever written a published book or is currently writing one?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone played the PoA game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I haven't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I have itfor PS2. Completed it last month but don't have an eye-toy so haven't managed to do all the extra games

ReputationRep:
    well the PC version is absolute rubbish. if ever there was something created just to sell money on the back of a franchise with no thought put into it, that would be it.

I'm worried about the GoF film. how can they possibly fit 600 pages into one film? PoA was 300 pages long, and they let a lot of it out, and still took up 2.5 hours.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.