Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    well the PC version is absolute rubbish. if ever there was something created just to sell money on the back of a franchise with no thought put into it, that would be it.

I'm worried about the GoF film. how can they possibly fit 600 pages into one film? PoA was 300 pages long, and they let a lot of it out, and still took up 2.5 hours.
    I read a review of PoA, the magazine gave it like a 7 out of 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I think you are thinking of pokemon, yu gi oh or digimon. (although naruto could also count) harry potter is a very british thing.
    ho ho, late post. but better late reply than no reply at all, eh?

there are Harry Potter cards though, but I don't think they're Japanese. Has anyone seen or played the cards? I think it works like Magic The Gathering cards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    has anyone played the PoA game?
    didn't know there was a PoA game already! but what i have been playing is the Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup Game really nice, but gets a little boring once you've beaten them all. Although if you use the better brooms, not boring at all... coz it's HARD beating the other teams. Has anyone played the game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Happy aniversary. I'm a year old on monday
    still less than 2 months ago before my anniversary as member of the forums and of this thread to be specific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    didn't know there was a PoA game already! but what i have been playing is the Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup Game really nice, but gets a little boring once you've beaten them all. Although if you use the better brooms, not boring at all... coz it's HARD beating the other teams. Has anyone played the game?

Yeah ive got it, Japan are the best by far!

ReputationRep:
    From what i've heard, the latest HP game is the best by far. I read a reveiw on it and it was given 8 of 10. However, he also said that it was just like the others and you could complete it in two days.

ReputationRep:
    I am personally staying away from the harry potter games, I do not really like sports or adventure games, mainly because I am not very good at them.

ReputationRep:
    I am personally staying away from the harry potter games, I do not really like sports or adventure games, mainly because I am not very good at them.
    lol, thats no reason not to like them. My favorite types of games include Role Playing (like Halo) and platform games (Like Spyro).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    lol, thats no reason not to like them. My favorite types of games include Role Playing (like Halo) and platform games (Like Spyro).
    Well, I did try the philosiphers stone, but it didn't appeal and I got stuck half way through.

ReputationRep:
    I might get the third one and try it out.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind trying a harry potter RTS or RPG.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did try the philosiphers stone, but it didn't appeal and I got stuck half way through.
    It was funny cos my mate got it before me and he could never complete it. When i got it, i discovered how to open the secret passage ways (which he never did) and i discovered the Quidditch training room (which he never found). I also manged to beat Voldemort quite easlier.

Overall, it was crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It was funny cos my mate got it before me and he could never complete it. When i got it, i discovered how to open the secret passage ways (which he never did) and i discovered the Quidditch training room (which he never found). I also manged to beat Voldemort quite easlier.

Overall, it was crap.
    What platform was that for? I have the first one on PS1,PS2 and my mum has it for PC. I've got all three for the PS2 as well, the 3rd one is definately the best, still managed to complete it quite quickly though with the help of some kind people on another forum.

ReputationRep:
    i havent had a whole lot of luck with the Harry Potter PC games. i got the first one and we had to get a new computer before it would work, and then recently it stopped working - but it was way too easy. i mean, I - me being the worst computer or other platform game playing... person ever - beat in about a week. then i got the second one but it didnt work on my computer and i wasnt about to get a new computer so... and then i spilt (spilled?) soy milk all over it so i couldnt sell it or anything... :rolleyes: so very unfortunate.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind trying a harry potter RTS or RPG.
    I liked the idea someone had about a harry potter kinda mortal combat or whatever, just like a dueling thing.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the idea someone had about a harry potter kinda mortal combat or whatever, just like a dueling thing.
    That is a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it worked well with naruto and others, so there is no reason it wouldn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it worked well with naruto and others, so there is no reason it wouldn't work.
    Aaah, that would definitely be cool moody, dumbledore, harry, draco, lupin, sirius, snape as characters, and would be nice with secret characters like james, lily, tom riddle. oooh, we should send the idea to EA or some other gaming companies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I might get the third one and try it out.
    The third game's pretty good. Way better than the first(complete dross) and the second(which was slightly better)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Aaah, that would definitely be cool moody, dumbledore, harry, draco, lupin, sirius, snape as characters, and would be nice with secret characters like james, lily, tom riddle. oooh, we should send the idea to EA or some other gaming companies.
    Most definitely, and perhaps have a tekkan type thing so voldermort is the last boss.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.