The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
So arthur isnt MoM.... any ideas on who then?
Amelia Bones seems to be well in the running... she was next to Fudge in Harry's trial in OoP.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
Amelia Bones seems to be well in the running... she was next to Fudge in Harry's trial in OoP.
Thats a good point what.... percy?
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Too little experience I should think. There's plenty of opportunity for JKR to introduce a new character here, or one who might just have been mentioned in passing in GoF or OoP
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Too little experience I should think. There's plenty of opportunity for JKR to introduce a new character here, or one who might just have been mentioned in passing in GoF or OoP
True, but percy did have a very high ranking position.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True, but percy did have a very high ranking position.
But he's only been there 2 years out of Hogwarts ... can't be more than 20, would you put an untried 20 yr old in charge?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just thought I'd pop on and say a quick 'Hello' to everyone and hope you're all well and enjoying holiday time.

Am in Lyme Regis at the moment, though nipped up to Exeter today to shop with my sister. -Saw some entertaining Harry Potter (both legit and ripped off) merchandise, including various wands, glasses and firebolts...or was it a nimbus?

Looks like I'll have to apologise again for a forthcoming long-post when I get back! After that, hopefully I can get back into the natural swing of normal-length posts and you wont be scared off reading them!

Anyway, I'm off again, but as I say, hope you're all well and happy.

Egan
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So, Arther isn't going to be MoM and she has cleared up the blood line thing. But what is the thing that Harry discovers in the Chamber. I can't think of anything. I'm going to re read the chapter now.
Dychey
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
So, Arther isn't going to be MoM and she has cleared up the blood line thing. But what is the thing that Harry discovers in the Chamber. I can't think of anything. I'm going to re read the chapter now.
I don't actually think she ment something Harry found in the chamber....more something Harry discovered in 'chamber' in reference to the whole book, not the chanmber itself
flyinghorse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
HBP = Hermione and Draco Malfoy's illegitimate child.

Sorry.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is from the JKR site .. look at the bit I've underlined. Note the implications!
Section: F.A.Q.
Why are some people in the wizarding world (e.g., Harry) called 'half-blood' even though both their parents were magical?

The expressions 'pure-blood', 'half-blood' and 'Muggle-born' have been coined by people to whom these distinctions matter, and express their originators' prejudices. As far as somebody like Lucius Malfoy is concerned, for instance, a Muggle-born is as 'bad' as a Muggle. Therefore Harry would be considered only 'half' wizard, because of his mother's grandparents.

If you think this is far-fetched, look at some of the real charts the Nazis used to show what constituted 'Aryan' or 'Jewish' blood. I saw one in the Holocaust Museum in Washington when I had already devised the 'pure-blood', 'half-blood' and 'Muggle-born' definitions, and was chilled to see that the Nazis used precisely the same warped logic as the Death Eaters. A single Jewish grandparent 'polluted' the blood, according to their propaganda.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dychey)
I don't actually think she ment something Harry found in the chamber....more something Harry discovered in 'chamber' in reference to the whole book, not the chanmber itself
Maybe, but i get the impression that she means the Chamber itself.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PADFOOT/SIRIUSFAN
haha thanks xenon
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Maybe it was the sword, as that was the only thing he actually found really.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Not when you read the original on her site, she definitely uses 'Chamber' and 'Prince' as shorthand terms for the titles of the books, so the discovery by Harry is in CoS somewhere, not necessarily just in the actual Chamber itself.
Dychey
Report 14 years ago
Not when you read the original on her site, she definitely uses 'Chamber' and 'Prince' as shorthand terms for the titles of the books, so the discovery by Harry is in CoS somewhere, not necessarily just in the actual Chamber itself.
Yeah, thats what i picked up when i read it! although it does get a bit confusing using the first word and not initals!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
can somene post alink to JKR's site?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
can somene post alink to JKR's site?
http://www.jkrowling.co.uk/en/thankyou.cfm
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
That was my thinking!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah yes, looking back she definately says 'Chamber' so its something in the book rather than the actual place. I need to have a quick re-read. Could it possibly be something to do with Hagrid? We find out a bit about his past when people suspect he's opening the Chamber. Other than that I can't think of anything off the top of my head, I'm gonna have to go re-read the book, I'm not working this week so that could be my task for tomorrow!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm thinking someone more like this, Amelia Bones would fit into this catagory. My mother just suggested Lucius Malfoy, before I pointed out that, apart from the fact that the wizarding public knows he was a Death Eater thanks to Harry's newspaper interview, he is also in Azkaban!

Umbridge has gone a bit crazy, although she would probably be next in line as such seeing as she was Senior Undersecretary. Percy would definately be too young, I mean, you really wouldn't want a 20 year old Prime Minister, so why would it be any different for Wizards. Crouch died, Bagman was last seen running away from the goblins, the members of the order seem too young and not really Senior enough, or have more hands-on jobs, and Lupin wouldn't be trusted since he's a werewolf. And then theres always Dumbledore!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.76%
No (572)
60.27%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.97%

Watched Threads