Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Most definitely, and perhaps have a tekkan type thing so voldermort is the last boss.
    Tekken is the best fight game ever! But if they ever make a HP version then that would be fantastic. And each character would have his/her own fight style (e.g. Mcgonagall could fight as a person or turn into a cat for some special moves! Fleur would have a deafening scream.) Can't think of any more at the moment!

BTW, back from my brief hol!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    To tell you the truth, I had not even contemplated reading harry potter before I saw the second film, then I downloaded all of the books in .lit format and read them all.
    wow, your eyes must have rather hurt afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, so tom riddle is not the HBP. Neither is it any character related to book 2. Right now it seems the HBP may be an entirely new character altogether.

As for the small clue in book 2 that is significant to book 6...it could be anything! Because she has even mentioned that in her interview on the CoS DVD, it is probably something that was also included in the film.

ReputationRep:
    After reading JK's website, she says she is expecting her 3rd baby next year! She also says that fans need not worry as there will not be any baby related interruptions to delay book six. Does this mean that we can be sure that book 6 will be finished well before that baby is born (i.e a maximum of 9 months from now!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    After reading JK's website, she says she is expecting her 3rd baby next year! She also says that fans need not worry as there will not be any baby related interruptions to delay book six. Does this mean that we can be sure that book 6 will be finished well before that baby is born (i.e a maximum of 9 months from now!)
    Six months from now. People usually wait three months before announcing a pregnancy, the most things can go wrong in the first three months.

It does imply that the book is well on its way though, and it can only be a good thing, if she's pregnant she'll have more time to sit at home and write rather than galavanting about making public appearances. Maybe it'll be ready to send off to the editors ect (or whatever happens to books once they've been written) by the time the baby is born.

ReputationRep:
    Just having another look round the website, do people think she might put more secret hidden stuff on the site at some point? I mean, in the Scrapbook it says Page Of Doodlings (page 2) and Ancient Drawings (page 4) It kind of implies there might be more pages somewhere or at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Just having another look round the website, do people think she might put more secret hidden stuff on the site at some point? I mean, in the Scrapbook it says Page Of Doodlings (page 2) and Ancient Drawings (page 4) It kind of implies there might be more pages somewhere or at some point.
    i was wondering that too.

Has anyone tried the do-not-disturb door again to see if there is anything further there?

ReputationRep:

Has anyone tried the do-not-disturb door again to see if there is anything further there?
    I checked it when I was on about 3 hours ago and still nothing, I don;t think we'll hear anything else from the door until she gives us the release date of HBP (which I don't imagine will be for a while) I think the main place we need to be checking is the FAQ for more updates

ReputationRep:
    Six months from now. People usually wait three months before announcing a pregnancy, the most things can go wrong in the first three months.

It does imply that the book is well on its way though, and it can only be a good thing, if she's pregnant she'll have more time to sit at home and write rather than galavanting about making public appearances. Maybe it'll be ready to send off to the editors ect (or whatever happens to books once they've been written) by the time the baby is born.
    Thats true! So if it is going to be completed within 6 months, maybe a christmas/early new year release??

ReputationRep:
    Thats true! So if it is going to be completed within 6 months, maybe a christmas/early new year release??
    Maybe Christmas 2005, 6 months from now will be january, then it would have to go to the editors etc, bits changed/deleted/added before its finally ready to go to print and be distributed. I think the earliest we can hope for is next summer (I know NOTHING about the publishing process btw, so please correct me if I'm wrong!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dychey)
    I don't actually think she ment something Harry found in the chamber....more something Harry discovered in 'chamber' in reference to the whole book, not the chanmber itself
    You are correct. She was using 'one word title' to refer to all of the books.

ReputationRep:

Do you have to click it a bunch or what? I just tried clicking it, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone look at the wizard of the month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Did anyone look at the wizard of the month?
    donoghan tremlett bass player of 'the weird sisters'.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Christmas 2005, 6 months from now will be january, then it would have to go to the editors etc, bits changed/deleted/added before its finally ready to go to print and be distributed. I think the earliest we can hope for is next summer (I know NOTHING about the publishing process btw, so please correct me if I'm wrong!)
    maybe once she has written it (i.e. within the next 6 months) we will at least get a release date and be able to preorder our ten copies each from amazon.

ReputationRep:

Lol...this is true. However, OotP had so many would-be-release dates that my hopes were raised and dashed innumerable times. I'm not going to speculate on this one (although JK does seem confident about it); after all, although she says they'll be no 'baby' interruptions, I'm iinclined to think there might well be.

So I'd say end of 2005 if we're lucky, for the release of HBP.

Btw...could it be Dumbledore?(Or has this discussion already happened?)

ReputationRep:
    Also when she releases the title, the book is only a few months after it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.jkrowling.co.uk/en/thankyou.cfm
    I think Xenon should edit her post so it includes the link. That way, we will always be able to access it (even though it is saved to favorites on my computer).

ReputationRep:
    donoghan tremlett bass player of 'the weird sisters'.
    I know that, I was wondering if anyone else thought the picture was funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think Xenon should edit her post so it includes the link. That way, we will always be able to access it (even though it is saved to favorites on my computer).
    Done!
    I know what you mean. Moncal's HP site is on my favourites but I still find it easier to access it through everyone's links.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.