Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    whats a uruk?

As for HBP, seeing JK has said that CoS hardly has anything to do with the original HBP (book 2) she thought of, either the HBP will be a completely new character, or maybe it is salazar slytherin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    whats a uruk?

As for HBP, seeing JK has said that CoS hardly has anything to do with the original HBP (book 2) she thought of, either the HBP will be a completely new character, or maybe it is salazar slytherin.
    An uruk is more subtle version of a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    That we do, our thread is also productive. Moaning never helped anybody.
    Yes, it has. There is plenty of advice/comfort given out, and its not all moaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    An uruk is more subtle version of a troll.
    oic, sounds kind of big oaf troll like now that i know what it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Yes, it has. There is plenty of advice/comfort given out, and its not all moaning.
    moaning can be quite practical, as its good to get things off ones chest sometimes. So long as you don't go to the extremes of moaning myrtle

ReputationRep:
    oic, sounds kind of big oaf troll like now that i know what it is
    Oh no, these are much more discreet and are harder to spot.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, these are much more discreet and are harder to spot.
    oh, thats confusing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh, thats confusing :confused:
    It is very confusing, but such is life.

ReputationRep:
    It is very confusing, but such is life.
    i know c'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    i havent been on forever do u guys even rember me ...................i have been computerless for 2 months (i dont know how i have lived) thanks for sending me the hp forum site ill be sure to go on it right about now (sry for this boring post)

ReputationRep:
    I keep thinking that there is so much back story and so many unanswered questions, certainly more than 2 books worth, how on earth wil JK fit in everything into books 6 and 7. She will have to write some sort of historical supplement to the main novels

ReputationRep:
    I keep thinking that there is so much back story and so many unanswered questions, certainly more than 2 books worth, how on earth wil JK fit in everything into books 6 and 7. She will have to write some sort of historical supplement to the main novels
    Yeah, I think that some sort of book has to be a must, cos there might still be much left unanswered which she might have forgotten oce the seris is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, I think that some sort of book has to be a must, cos there might still be much left unanswered which she might have forgotten oce the seris is over.
    i'm sure fans will remind her by asking a million questions once she has written all the books. she cant possibly ignore that many requests (please Jo, please keep writing HP related books!)

ReputationRep:
    She said after shes done shes going to revise the 7 (if i remeber it correct) which means she can include things she forgot and add to the story a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    She said after shes done shes going to revise the 7 (if i remeber it correct) which means she can include things she forgot and add to the story a bit
    oh dear, imagine going through another 15 years of waiting for revised editions/ buying 2 copies each of the revised editions etc etc

Actually i think JK could just keep haiving polls on her website after finishing all the books to answer any burning questions left out.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, imagine going through another 15 years of waiting for revised editions/ buying 2 copies each of the revised editions etc etc

Actually i think JK could just keep haiving polls on her website after finishing all the books to answer any burning questions left out.
    I dunno. I mean they might be forgotten or something. If the answers were in written form or something, then people can continuously refer to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I dunno. I mean they might be forgotten or something. If the answers were in written form or something, then people can continuously refer to them.
    thats true. but if shes really sick of writing HP books she could employ someone to write a history of HP world by editing and collating all info she pastes on her website over the next year or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotrobsessed524)
    i havent been on forever do u guys even rember me ...................i have been computerless for 2 months (i dont know how i have lived) thanks for sending me the hp forum site ill be sure to go on it right about now (sry for this boring post)
    Hey, welcome back.

ReputationRep:
    Since I started about halfway through this thread I am going to try and go back and read up until my first post
    (Original post by Xenon)
    But what do you guys reckon? Will Harry die at the end of book 7, or will J K Rowling will be kind enough to let him enjoy the aftermath of killing Voldemort?
    I think that JK Rowling will let him enjoy the aftermath.
    (Original post by ickle katy)
    he will wake up and it'll all be a dream.
    I don't think so.
    (Original post by amg)
    I don't know....oh god J.K ROWLING HURRY UP!! I NEED BOOK 6!!! HARRY POTTER AND THE ? MUST COME OUT SOON!!!
    Does anybody know how she is holding up? It has been over a year since that post.
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nope,I don't reckon that buying the books and talking about them is stupid. I'm not exactly going to go out and but all of the toys, and stupid things which come with the books. Being a fan is not all about that. It's about enjoying the books. All movies and stuff have toys which come with it. The more popular a book like this or a movie is, the more likely it is for related toys and things to be brought out. So enjoy the books if you like it, and if you don't don't like it, don't call us fans of the books stupid.
    Always good to reiterate this point.
    (Original post by amg)
    I wish there was an a level in Harry Potter - I'd fly it on a firebolt!
    lol
    (Original post by amg)
    Certain Abilities I Have Observed In Harry Which Voldemort MAY NOT Know About.
    1. Able to live without sticking out the back of someone's head or through a book or drinking snake's milk or stealing your foe's blood.
    2. Able to stay wake during Dumbledore's talks
    3. Able to upset girls with one word/sentence
    4. Able to survive anything - (come on falling 50ft would kill you see book 3)
    5. Able to stand living with his Aunt and Uncle (I'd be straight on the Knight Bus!)
    6. Able to form werid friendships (a werewolf, a half-giant, a house-elf etc)
    7. Able to get into trouble but come out of it better off
    (book 1 - flying in first flying lesson without permission = seeker on house team. Book 3 falls 50ft off broomstick = gets a firebolt)
    8. Able to walk into a bookshop and end up on the first page of the newspaper.
    9. I'm running out of ideas.
    10. Able to get blamed for magic outside of school which wasn't his fault. (Dobby)
    11. Able to sleep talk (is that a ability?)
    12. This is the last because 13 is a unluckly number.
    lol
    (Original post by unregistered99)
    People like you were told at too early an age that there was no such thing as Father Christmas. Have a little fun, pour yourself a stiff drink and kill that incredible bug that you have up your a$$.
    That's an interesting reply.
    (Original post by Lakenavy)
    The following are what I guess:
    1. Harry realizes he could not hide from Voldemort, that is his fate to destroy the Dark Lord otherwise he will get kill. I think Harry will seriously learn the unforgivable curse and fight back though he do not want to kill people.
    2. Harry will learn the Occlumency in Year 6 from Prof. Dumbledore.
    3. Harry will play Quidditch with Ginny and Ron for sure.
    4. Harry may turn down any dating with other girls or even Herminone because he knows he may die in the near future.
    5. Harry may retake the exam of History of Magic in OWL.
    6. Harry will learn more about the love story of his dad, mum and Prof. Snape.
    7. More people will die.
    8. In the end, Harry will say a final curse that even sacrifices himself to destroy Voldemort and save the magic world in peace.
    9. Harry's scar will vanish when Voldemort disappearred
    1. I agree
    2. Probably
    3. ''
    4. Possibly
    5. Not a chance
    6. I hope so
    7. Obviously
    8. Unoriginal
    9. I can't see why.
    (Original post by rachelina*)
    Wasn't Snape ODIOUS in Book 5. Ooh there were times when I just wanted to rip his head off. But nah, I agree with lou I think he's going to be a major part of 6 and 7. I actually figured it was going to be Hagrid just because of that interview the actor playing him gave, saying that JK Rowling had prepared him for Hagrid's death. Hai. He probably got paid to say that.
    I don't know if I would take a job if the author told me that after all the work I had to do she was going to kill me.
    (Original post by Divagirl)
    About the whole Neville thing I agree it would be an interesting twist but Voldemort himself did not attack Nevllle's parents. That was Bellatrix or whatever her name was. So Voldemort wouldn't have been the one who marked him.
    I can't see how having one of you lackeys torturing someone is marking them as your equal.
    (Original post by unregistere)
    harry will eat **** like 90% of the pple do
    That's an interesting coment, any other haters out there?

I'm done with 2 pages. I will do more tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, I thought my first post on here was on page 150. It is on like 250. Any body care to share which page their first post is on?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.