Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Nope, I aint. Anyway, back onto the subject of Harry Potter. So if it isn't Tm Riddle and it isn't Mark Evans, who was the next guy on our list.
    What list is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    What list is that?
    Maybe the list of possible Half Blood Prince Candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Gawd, I thought my first post on here was on page 150. It is on like 250. Any body care to share which page their first post is on?
    My first post was on page 75 woohoo!

While I was searching for my first post, I saw Xenon's post on the top 10 posters. Wow... I didn't know I was in it until now Even though I wasn't posting already for so long, I was still in the list. Ahahahah. Now, I'm sorta back.

But you went past me already. Way way past? Ho ho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    I keep thinking that there is so much back story and so many unanswered questions, certainly more than 2 books worth, how on earth wil JK fit in everything into books 6 and 7. She will have to write some sort of historical supplement to the main novels
    I think the only way JK will be able to fit everything into books 6 and 7 is that to make the books really long... I'm talking unabridged-dictionary thick and long, with those itsy bitsy font and large pages :P

Or maybe some questions are really not meant to be answered. It must have been left by JK in the open for us to ponder on and maybe for us to crazy thinking about it all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)

Or maybe some questions are really not meant to be answered. It must have been left by JK in the open for us to ponder on and maybe for us to crazy thinking about it all the time
    that would be too cruel for fans who wish to know everything

ReputationRep:
    She said she would think about writing a historical anthology type book- but that most of our questions would be answered in the 6/7 books- so I guess we'll learn alot- I guess maybe her theory is, we are seeing everything from Harry's perspective, so we shouldn't learn any more than he does?

ReputationRep:
    Harry will die at the end of book 7, because otherwise it will not be an ending. You know 'the snowman'? The xmas classic? well its the author put it brilliantely in an interview. It was along the lines of 'they lived happily ever after...thats not an ending. You dont write a biography of ur life up until ur 20's and then say i lived happily ever after'. Having said that it would be sad, like 'the witches' by Roald Dahl. I think we all like to cry, but not end on it.

Oh btw, I think theres definite chemistry between Hermione and Malfroy. Like the love hate theory? Sorry but it reminds me of wen boys used to tease girls they like in the playground. I reckon he'll turn out gd in the end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiamonds)
    Harry will die at the end of book 7, because otherwise it will not be an ending. You know 'the snowman'? The xmas classic? well its the author put it brilliantely in an interview. It was along the lines of 'they lived happily ever after...thats not an ending. You dont write a biography of ur life up until ur 20's and then say i lived happily ever after'. Having said that it would be sad, like 'the witches' by Roald Dahl. I think we all like to cry, but not end on it.

Oh btw, I think theres definite chemistry between Hermione and Malfroy. Like the love hate theory? Sorry but it reminds me of wen boys used to tease girls they like in the playground. I reckon he'll turn out gd in the end...
    ron hermione is the true love/hate relationship...al that arguing then accidental hand holding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    that would be too cruel for fans who wish to know everything
    We're not supposed to know everything, else it will ruin the surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiamonds)

Harry would never totally be able to live happily ever after. I mean, think of the people he's already lost, and he's bound to lose some more people who he likes or loves. He will have to live with that memory and guilt all his life, if he survives.
    I reckon that the link might be used to kill Voldie, and hence Harry, or at least, Harry might die through that link. I wonder if there's a way to destroy the link.
    Hermione and Malfoy: Hermione would never be able to love Malfoy. Who would ever love someone who called you a foul word such as mudblood, and wanted you to be killed. That hate thing has been taken to extreme levels by Malfoy. Plus, J K said that it would be obvious who Hermione likes. There were only 2 obvious options anyways, Harry or Ron, and the most obvious one is Ron. And now that is a sometimes love-hate relationship. The hate only goes as far as teasing and arguments, and not threats. This pairing is more likely.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, I thought my first post on here was on page 150. It is on like 250. Any body care to share which page their first post is on?
    Page 1!

ReputationRep:
    well i think its obvious that Hermione could like Malfroy, and again its a love hate thing. Me and my boyf used to REALLY hate each other.

suppose malfroy went to the good side. do you not think it would be an Hermione thing to do to say he's changed and that she likes him? I hope its not Ron or Harry or that would be so boring.

And wat I meant with happily ever after is that you cant 'end' a book saying and then he lived on bla bla bla. Its not an ending.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Harry would never totally be able to live happily ever after. I mean, think of the people he's already lost, and he's bound to lose some more people who he likes or loves. He will have to live with that memory and guilt all his life, if he survives.
    I reckon that the link might be used to kill Voldie, and hence Harry, or at least, Harry might die through that link. I wonder if there's a way to destroy the link.
    Hermione and Malfoy: Hermione would never be able to love Malfoy. Who would ever love someone who called you a foul word such as mudblood, and wanted you to be killed. That hate thing has been taken to extreme levels by Malfoy. Plus, J K said that it would be obvious who Hermione likes. There were only 2 obvious options anyways, Harry or Ron, and the most obvious one is Ron. And now that is a sometimes love-hate relationship. The hate only goes as far as teasing and arguments, and not threats. This pairing is more likely.
    I agree, hermoine can never love draco after all he has. Insulted her, wished she was dead, tried to ruin harry, ron and her lives for five years. Even if she felt something for him, i doubt she would act on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I agree, hermoine can never love draco after all he has. Insulted her, wished she was dead, tried to ruin harry, ron and her lives for five years. Even if she felt something for him, i doubt she would act on it.
    I have to agree, if Hermione did feel something she definatly would not act on it! i mean she must have had these feelings for Ron for about 4-5 years now and she is still yet to act on it!

ReputationRep:
    the draco/hermione thing is just silly

I think they CAN end it and he lived happily ever after in a way- I mean, we know Harry well enough by this point to know there will be other adventures, he'll have a full life, but it will be the end of his school days- that's all that matters for the books- it'll be more like ending the series with "And the adventure was only beginning"- the only conflict that needs to be resolved is Harry/Voldie- the rest is just extra- just because we WANT to know everything about how everything ends up doesn't mean we are going to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    We're not supposed to know everything, else it will ruin the surprise!
    sorry i meant know everything by the end of the 7 books!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    the draco/hermione thing is just silly

I think they CAN end it and he lived happily ever after in a way- I mean, we know Harry well enough by this point to know there will be other adventures, he'll have a full life, but it will be the end of his school days- that's all that matters for the books- it'll be more like ending the series with "And the adventure was only beginning"- the only conflict that needs to be resolved is Harry/Voldie- the rest is just extra- just because we WANT to know everything about how everything ends up doesn't mean we are going to.
    thats really the danger of creating a fictional world thats so interesting and detailed, people want to know everything

ReputationRep:
    The Draco/ Hermione love intrest isn't completely unrealistic, remember how much Lily hated James.

ReputationRep:
    my first post was on about page 14, just been having a look and thats the earliest one I can find

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.