Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    BTW, I'd bet good money that the HBP is either tom riddle or snape.
    i thought tom riddle too, but as that is disproven... i officially think it is Snape.
    Snape Snape Snape. jkr is being very mysterious about him, like when she wouldnt say what his animagus/patronus was.
    Newsround has a new story for us. It's on the DVD Extras for Azkaban.
    The PoA DVD looks like it could be very good. the HP movies could have been better, but i luv all the DVD stuff.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    JKRs site keeps suggesting that there is a 'crucial Potter secret' that ties together all the books ....What about if Lilly was a descendant of one of the original founders of Hogwarts and James was a descendant of the two others - this could make them genetically suitable for passing on the genes of the 3 co-founders?
    This could make Harry the only likely person to vanquish the heir of Slytherin... as the original founders did at the start when they drove him out of Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choco_frog_chic)
    i thought tom riddle too, but as that is disproven... i officially think it is Snape.
    Snape Snape Snape. jkr is being very mysterious about him, like when she wouldnt say what his animagus/patronus was.
    Yeah, that sounds right. Snape is going to continue to have an important part in the books, I reckon. It would be interesting if Sanpe was half-blooded. Even more interesting would be if even though he was half-blooded, he chose to be in slytherin. You know how choosing is important in HP.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sc...00/3939213.stm

More info from newsround, all I can say is how impressive!

ReputationRep:
    And apparently we all need to wish Neville a happy birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEVILLE! *cracks open the Firewhiskey and hands round the cake*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    And apparently we all need to wish Neville a happy birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEVILLE! *cracks open the Firewhiskey and hands round the cake*
    Happy Birthday Neville.
    And here's some butterbeer too!
    Btw, only 96 posts left till the magical 10000!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Happy Birthday Neville.
    And here's some butterbeer too!
    Btw, only 96 posts left till the magical 10000!
    And we need to keep the Butterbeer flowing for Harry's birthday tomorrow. I was about to be really dumb and say 'how strange, all these birthdays at the end of the month!' DUH!

ReputationRep:
    And we need to keep the Butterbeer flowing for Harry's birthday tomorrow. I was about to be really dumb and say 'how strange, all these birthdays at the end of the month!' DUH!
    And for those who are having firewhiskey, well, they're going to be completely drunk by the end of these two days. I'll stick to butterbeer. There's no chance of us fnishing all the butterbeer. For some odd reason, we never seem to run out of it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wouldn't it be appropriate somehow to have the 10,000th post on 31st July?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    And for those who are having firewhiskey, well, they're going to be completely drunk by the end of these two days. I'll stick to butterbeer. There's no chance of us fnishing all the butterbeer. For some odd reason, we never seem to run out of it!
    We'd best get posting then if we want to make it to 10,000 tomorrrow! I'm gonna stick to the Firewhiskey, I haven't been drunk for ages and need a reason to celebrate!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We'd best get posting then if we want to make it to 10,000 tomorrrow! I'm gonna stick to the Firewhiskey, I haven't been drunk for ages and need a reason to celebrate!
    As long as it is sometime tomorrow... and I need to celebrate my 500th post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    As long as it is sometime tomorrow... and I need to celebrate my 500th post!
    Woohoo, well done, double celebration! I can see this being a messy night!

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to have a post rush arounf 9998 as we did I wonder.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Perhaps a round of gillywater might help us to keep going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Are you going to have a post rush arounf 9998 as we did I wonder.
    I should imagine we will, but with more troll-like spammers. At least on the moaning thread only a select few had access, here everyone has a shot, I say we aim for the 10,000th post to be HP related and we have the mods delete it if its completely irrelevant.

I always imagined Gillywater to be like Gin and Tonic, but I guess it can't be coz Luna was drinking it in 'Phoenix'
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I should imagine we will, but with more troll-like spammers. At least on the moaning thread only a select few had access, here everyone has a shot, I say we aim for the 10,000th post to be HP related and we have the mods delete it if its completely irrelevant.

I always imagined Gillywater to be like Gin and Tonic, but I guess it can't be coz Luna was drinking it in 'Phoenix'
    Well, Luna was always one to do her own thing!
    I quite agree about the 10,000th post - it ought to be 'on topic' at the very least!

ReputationRep:
    Well, Luna was always one to do her own thing!
    I quite agree about the 10,000th post - it ought to be 'on topic' at the very least!
    Hmmm, do you think wizards have drinking laws? I suppose they must do coz Ron wanted to try Firewhiskey in the Hogshead.... *continues to think outloud and ramble quietly in the corner.....*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    *continues to think outloud and ramble quietly in the corner.....*
    Tut Tut.. too much Firewhiskey already and it's only 9.17!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    A topic for discussion is needed.. any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    A topic for discussion is needed.. any suggestions?
    My drinken state?!

I did have an actual topic but my mind has gone completely blank. hmmm, come to think of it I might have dreamt that!

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.