Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    My drinken state?!

I did have an actual topic but my mind has gone completely blank. hmmm, come to think of it I might have dreamt that!
    One thing that always intrigued me was that.. if the Potters' whereabouts was 'secret' (as in by a secret-keeper, so no-one else knew where they were) how come Sirius knew where to go to kill Peter? and why did Peter stay around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    One thing that always intrigued me was that.. if the Potters' whereabouts was 'secret' (as in by a secret-keeper, so no-one else knew where they were) how come Sirius knew where to go to kill Peter? and why did Peter stay around?
    WHere was Peter when Sirius attacked him? We're they actually at Godric's Hollow? I kinda though he just caught up with him in a random street. ISn't the point of a secret-keeper that only that person can reveal the whereabouts of the building. So other people knew where the house was, but only the secret keeper could tell other people.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    WHere was Peter when Sirius attacked him? We're they actually at Godric's Hollow? I kinda though he just caught up with him in a random street. ISn't the point of a secret-keeper that only that person can reveal the whereabouts of the building. So other people knew where the house was, but only the secret keeper could tell other people.
    I'm not sure that the location was ever explicit, but Sirius evidently got to the house as he gave Hagrid his motorbike there. And how did Hagrid know? I can understand all the magic secrecy falling apart on their death, but how did everyone know so quickly?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that the location was ever explicit, but Sirius evidently got to the house as he gave Hagrid his motorbike there. And how did Hagrid know? I can understand all the magic secrecy falling apart on their death, but how did everyone know so quickly?
    Dumbledore sent Hagrid (I think Hagrid said so in 'Stone', something about Dumbledore always giving him the important jobs), and Dumbledore knows everything
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Dumbledore sent Hagrid (I think Hagrid said so in 'Stone', something about Dumbledore always giving him the important jobs), and Dumbledore knows everything
    ...but Dumbledore was not their secret-keeper, but I guess he had other ways of keeping in touch with them!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sounds as though Ralph Fiennes might be on line for Voldemort! I always though Richard E Grant would be good.

ReputationRep:
    ...but Dumbledore was not their secret-keeper, but I guess he had other ways of keeping in touch with them!
    Like I said, Dumbledore knows EVERYTHING!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds as though Ralph Fiennes might be on line for Voldemort! I always though Richard E Grant would be good.
    I liked the John Malkovic rumour, I wouldn't have thought of him myself, but once I heard the rumour I just thought he would have been perfect. I can't wait to find out for sure
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I liked the John Malkovic rumour, I wouldn't have thought of him myself, but once I heard the rumour I just thought he would have been perfect. I can't wait to find out for sure
    Ooooh Yes, I can just see him as Voldemort!

Well I think we've done our bit towards the thread... have to go now... nice to chat! Will try to come on tomorrow and join in the celebrations ** downs another gillywater **

ReputationRep:
    I always imagined Gillywater to be like Gin and Tonic, but I guess it can't be coz Luna was drinking it in 'Phoenix'
    Maybe Gillywater's a weird juice or something.
    And I agree, no spamming to get the 10000 posts. We'll get there by tomorrow hopefully, even if everyone is just posting on Harry Potter stuff.
    Btw, can I get the 10,000th post please?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Sirius suspected Peter and went to follow him or something. Or Peter left a trail or something. Or, he could have been in his animagus form, where his good doggy senses would have picked up Peter's scent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe Gillywater's a weird juice or something.
    And I agree, no spamming to get the 10000 posts. We'll get there by tomorrow hopefully, even if everyone is just posting on Harry Potter stuff.
    Btw, can I get the 10,000th post please?
    If I'm about I'll try and save it for you!

ReputationRep:
    If I'm about I'll try and save it for you!
    Thanks
    I've got a countdown of posts till the magical 10,000th post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Thanks
    I've got a countdown of posts till the magical 10,000th post.
    Impressive, and now I'm gonna make life hard for you by posting some more so you hve to keep changing it.

ReputationRep:
    wow, we are nearly there with the 10000th post!

Hope JK reveals some sort of rough indication of when book 6 will be released tomorrow in honour of harry's birthday

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, do you think wizards have drinking laws? I suppose they must do coz Ron wanted to try Firewhiskey in the Hogshead.... *continues to think outloud and ramble quietly in the corner.....*
    Well, Ron seems to think that he could get it in the other pub in hogsmeade.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, how did hagrid get harry out of the building when it was still under the charm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Seriously, how did hagrid get harry out of the building when it was still under the charm?
    the charm must have ended when the potters died, or as the house was destroyed that may hve ended it.

ReputationRep:
    If Dumbledore had known where they were then he would have had to know who the secret keeper was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    the charm must have ended when the potters died, or as the house was destroyed that may hve ended it.
    Didn't dumbledore know where the house was, so if he told hagrid, he could find it.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.