The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9940
Well first off, Happy Birthday Harry and JK as it's her birthday as well.

Second, we should try and get the 10,000 post today and as people have said, try and get Xenon to have it. It's only fair and it's better than having some n00b have it.

Third, Sirius said that Peter was changed at the last minute to being secret keeper. So only he, the Potters and Wormtail really knew where they were.
Anybody have any thought about Luna Lovegood. She was never mentioned in the books before the Order of the Phoenix and suddenly in this book she becomes a very prominent character, not to mention a mysterious one?

Any thoughts on who she may be or what her role in the upcoming books may be?
Well, if xenon is slightly off, delete some earlier posts to make it come down.
Reply 9943
wiwarin_mir
Well, if xenon is slightly off, delete some earlier posts to make it come down.

How do you find your easlier posts though. I tried the search thing and it didn't work.
Dude
How do you find your easlier posts though. I tried the search thing and it didn't work.

You just go to previous page and then delete a few.
Reply 9945
wiwarin_mir
You just go to previous page and then delete a few.

I thought about deleating some of my ealierest posts though.
Reply 9946
__WiZaRD__
Anybody have any thought about Luna Lovegood. She was never mentioned in the books before the Order of the Phoenix and suddenly in this book she becomes a very prominent character, not to mention a mysterious one?

She's mentioned briefly in 'Goblet' when they're waiting for the portkey Amos Diggery and Mr Weasley are talking and they say something along the lines of 'the Lovegoods couldn't get tickets'
ditzy blonde
She's mentioned briefly in 'Goblet' when they're waiting for the portkey Amos Diggery and Mr Weasley are talking and they say something along the lines of 'the Lovegoods couldn't get tickets'

Well she was quite a useful link for Harry to get his side of the Voldemort story into the public domain, but I confess I couldn't really see her usefulness in the MoM battle... there must be something more to her I suppose. Could be the link to Stubby Boardman being revived (although the idea that he is Regulus is a tad far-fetched!).
Reply 9948
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY POTTER!!!!

Only 34 posts left now. The mauraders wouldn't have had their map of Hogwarts because they left it at the school for some other prankster to use. Sirius was in the order, right. Well, maybe Snape brought back news of Voldie going out and intending to kill the Potters. I don't get how Sirius would have realised where they were hidden, unless he followed Wormtail, after somehow realising Lupin wasn't the traitor.
Reply 9949
__WiZaRD__

I think luna's charactor has a lot of potential. It seems with a bit of training she could become a pretty good witch, she was still fighting in the ministry when ron, ginny and hermy went down, so either it was luck, or she has some real skill.
Reply 9950
PadFoot90
I think luna's charactor has a lot of potential. It seems with a bit of training she could become a pretty good witch, she was still fighting in the ministry when ron, ginny and hermy went down, so either it was luck, or she has some real skill.

One thing which I should say, is that she has some pretty good qualities. She seems like she's plucky, has guts and some bite. She's also pretty loyal. All of which will make her a good person in a fight.
PadFoot90

that may be.... im sure JKR has something in store for us involving her... Well just have to wait and see.. But i have to admit - she's a very strange character.... :rolleyes:
Reply 9952
__WiZaRD__
that may be.... im sure JKR has something in store for us involving her... Well just have to wait and see.. But i have to admit - she's a very strange character.... :rolleyes:

Yes she is strange, but she seems to have alot of knowledge about the veil and such that could be very useful to harry.
__WiZaRD__

Yes, for example when they were captured and all brought to Umbridge's office - she just stood there limply, not fighting, quite different to the others!
Reply 9954
Geogger
Yes, for example when they were captured and all brought to Umbridge's office - she just stood there limply, not fighting, quite different to the others!

Yeah thats one part i really didnt get. Anyone who gets captured would try to escape! I wonder if she is a seer?
PadFoot90
Yeah thats one part i really didnt get. Anyone who gets captured would try to escape! I wonder if she is a seer?

She said her mother was a quite remarkable witch who liked to experiment - we might see some talent coming to the fore.
Reply 9956
Geogger
She said her mother was a quite remarkable witch who liked to experiment - we might see some talent coming to the fore.

Yeah, she said that her mom liked to experiment, and one of her spells went wrong and killed her. So there are other spells that can kill you? I guess that makes sense, like at the end of book 5, they use all those spells on malfoy,crabbe, and goyle, and they all recated differently when they came in contact with each other.
PadFoot90
Yeah, she said that her mom liked to experiment, and one of her spells went wrong and killed her. So there are other spells that can kill you? I guess that makes sense, like at the end of book 5, they use all those spells on malfoy,crabbe, and goyle, and they all recated differently when they came in contact with each other.

That's right, some interesting combinations were mentioned as not being good ones to go together... perhaps a combination set of spells by less experienced wizards might work against one more experienced one.
The DA might get to work together? that would be interesting to see.
Reply 9958
Geogger
That's right, some interesting combinations were mentioned as not being good ones to go together... perhaps a combination set of spells by less experienced wizards might work against one more experienced one.
The DA might get to work together? that would be interesting to see.

Yeah, and hermione already invented her own spell (GoF) so she must have some idea of how to do it.
Harry is to join an Arab militia in the upcoming Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the vendetta against the west" The Sun newspaper reported this morning.

The books author, J.K. 47, revealed in a unprecedented press conference that in the latest book Harry would become a "mass-murderer". Said Rowling "I think it was about time I made Harry into something more than a symbol of my immense wealth. I predict that this book portraying Harry as an anti-hero will sell even better than the previous titles."

She also offered reporters a preview of the adventures to come.

"After denouncing his wicked, occult ways, Harry kills Ron in his sleep." She continued, "He then proceeds to poison the school's drinking water and ram his magic wand up professor Snape's a-, well, you'll have to buy the book to see how that pans out!"

J.K. Rollinginit is £6,000,000

Latest

Trending

Trending