The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Obliviator)
I love butterbeer. It is much better than FireWhiskey. Fire Whiskey makes me tipsy. How old is JKR anyways?
39 years old! Still got a lot of writing in her!
Sorry I left the celebrations earlier last night, I waited for ages hoping that Xenon would post and I didn't want to deprive her of the honour! A bit early in the day for a firewhiskey, so I'll just have a butterbeer if there are any left!
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
Yes she is strange, but she seems to have alot of knowledge about the veil and such that could be very useful to harry.
That was going to be my point, someone (sorry, can't remember who) said she was a bit useless in the MoM battle, but I think the main reason she was there was to let Harry know about the veil.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm on there twice
If you add up your posts as Siriusfan, what is your total post count.

Sort of werid that we are celebrating afew things on UKL. We (at least us)are celebating the 10,000 post and we resently had Ellie4 and Acaila WEDDING.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
If you add up your posts as Siriusfan, what is your total post count.

Sort of werid that we are celebrating afew things on UKL. We (at least us)are celebating the 10,000 post and we resently had Ellie4 and Acaila WEDDING.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well there you go. Not far off having 1,000 posts.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Well there you go. Not far off having 1,000 posts.
New goal then

I was reading a fanfic, back in the room with the veil, you know how it doesnt say what color spell hit Sirius? In this fanfic i was reading, the reason Lupin thought Sirius was dead was he only saw Sirius fall through the veil after getting hit with a spell, which he assumed was avada kedavra. So he thought the spell, not the veil killed sirius, although it seems he was just stunned. Perhaps this is true. It is worded carefully in the book, by not saying what color, just "the second jet of light".
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
New goal then

I was reading a fanfic, back in the room with the veil, you know how it doesnt say what color spell hit Sirius? In this fanfic i was reading, the reason Lupin thought Sirius was dead was he only saw Sirius fall through the veil after getting hit with a spell, which he assumed was avada kedavra. So he thought the spell, not the veil killed sirius, although it seems he was just stunned. Perhaps this is true. It is worded carefully in the book, by not saying what color, just "the second jet of light".
JKR is such a careful writer! just the choice of a particular word can produce a myriad rumours.
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
New goal then

Lupin would have been able to easily see that it wasn't Avada kedavra. There is a flash of green light that accompanies it.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
Lupin would have been able to easily see that it wasn't Avada kedavra. There is a flash of green light that accompanies it.
But he didn't say anything about the colour, did he?
He also didn't actually say Sirius was dead... as far as I remember he said something like " Yes, he's....." yet another JKR open-ended let-out!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
JK's site has been updated with a new Wizard of the Month.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
But he didn't say anything about the colour, did he?
He also didn't actually say Sirius was dead... as far as I remember he said something like " Yes, he's....." yet another JKR open-ended let-out!
I thought that and when I was re-reading that part I paid particular attention to the wording. At the time Lupin doesn't say he's dead, but later Dumbledore definately says dead (or died or some variation). As far as I'm concerned Sirius is dead. I don;t think we've seen the last of him though, there'll be some way to make contact from beyond the grave, or some imprint of him left on the Earth (like a portrait or something)
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I thought that and when I was re-reading that part I paid particular attention to the wording. At the time Lupin doesn't say he's dead, but later Dumbledore definately says dead (or died or some variation). As far as I'm concerned Sirius is dead. I don;t think we've seen the last of him though, there'll be some way to make contact from beyond the grave, or some imprint of him left on the Earth (like a portrait or something)
I'm still sure that the two-way mirror has something to do with it...
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm still sure that the two-way mirror has something to do with it...
I agree, it just seems like there has to be more to the mirror. There has to be another point to it, especially as it didn't do anything 'Phoenix' other than frustrate me!
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree, it just seems like there has to be more to the mirror. There has to be another point to it, especially as it didn't do anything 'Phoenix' other than frustrate me!
Perhaps Harry and Ron will be able to use them (if they find Sirius' and reparo the broken one) or they will be able to keep in touch with Lupin? Seems a tad too tame, however, for a potentially useful device.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Perhaps Harry and Ron will be able to use them (if they find Sirius' and reparo the broken one) or they will be able to keep in touch with Lupin? Seems a tad too tame, however, for a potentially useful device.
Hmmm, I see your point, it does seem a bit lame, but there HAS to be another use. We know he can't communicate with Sirius through it. Communicating with the Order would be more useful though. He wouldn't really need to talk to Ron over them, they spend most of their time together anyway.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmmm, I see your point, it does seem a bit lame, but there HAS to be another use. We know he can't communicate with Sirius through it. Communicating with the Order would be more useful though. He wouldn't really need to talk to Ron over them, they spend most of their time together anyway.
Perhaps it could be a link between the DA and the Order?
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
THat'd be cool, I'd be so gutted if the DA just gave up in HBP
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
That's what I was thinking. Sort of like a hidden and undetectable way of communicating two ways (unlike the button's 1 way system).
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
THat'd be cool, I'd be so gutted if the DA just gave up in HBP
They wouldn't. I reckon that they'll continue in the next book. They're pretty important-the second generation of the order. I reckon that they might even be given small missions by the order. But I think they should be a able to run in the open now. And they would fit in perfectly in the storyline of the final fight in hogwarts, if that were to happen.
parvati
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sirius death for such a major character's death, was actually written rather oddly. One minute everyone was fighting and the next he was gone. it was far too sudden with not much written about the actual death.

As for the mirror, being able to communicate with the order at some crucial moment does seem a likely use for it.

But JK has said that sirius will be in book 6/7 but she wont say in what form except not as a ghost
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (191)
18.63%
No (621)
60.59%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.78%

Watched Threads