Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Bulgarians are supposed to be camp?!
    and whats weirder is that that mate is pretty camp as it is
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by elpaw)
    and whats weirder is that that mate is pretty camp as it is
    might be worth watching GoF just for that The Beauxbatons lads in their pale blue robes might be even more camp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Wahey! Well done Xenon
    It appears that you should be contratulating yourself as you officially have post 10,000.

WELL DONE ACAILA

[better luck next time xenon]

ReputationRep:
    Well done. A truly amazing amount of replies! You're thread was obviously well liked!

ReputationRep:
    Who is going to read pages 200-300, 300-400, 400-500? I'm afraid I'm out of time to do it- as it is I might have to give up the thread....

I think the prophecy meant neither can FULLY live while the other survives- as in they are connected through the scar- they can't live on their own unless the other one is off the scar vibes-

OR- here's an even farther out theory I'm sure no one will like- I may not even like it- the prophecy was already fufilled the FIRST time- after all, nothing human or living was left of Voldie the first time Harry bounced back the curse- so maybe that WAS the fufillment of the prophecy and they've been operating under false pretences this whole time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganondorf)
    It appears that you should be contratulating yourself as you officially have post 10,000.

WELL DONE ACAILA

[better luck next time xenon]
    Acaila has post 10,001. Xenon has post 10,000 since number on every post is the number reply. Besides we're there and over with it. Xenon had the 10,000th reply, although someone has gone back and deleted a post.

ReputationRep:
    The important thing is that as far as normal threads go without the aid of the ever present spammers, the Harry Potter thread is possibly one of the largest threads of all time in any forum. I don't know much about the truth of this statement, but I do find it hard to believe that many other topics could reach such a length, and still remain true to the main subject of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Book six is called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I think this will be the big war in book six, and Voldmort will flee and in the 7th book Harry will Hunt him down alone. It is comfirmed at J.k Rowlings official site as well. Go there for yourself. -->J.k.'s site

Its a pretty cool site, she updates on the status of book ect. The 4th book movie is coming out on November 18, 2005. The book still is tba

ReputationRep:
    ummm- DUH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    ummm- DUH
    Yer, I'd think we would know the title of the sixth book.

Has the site been updated again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    The important thing is that as far as normal threads go without the aid of the ever present spammers, the Harry Potter thread is possibly one of the largest threads of all time in any forum. I don't know much about the truth of this statement, but I do find it hard to believe that many other topics could reach such a length, and still remain true to the main subject of discussion.
    Thats why we ask the Record books if we should be in it. But the excuse they use is "If you take a proper Harry Potter forum, and add all the posts together, you get much more posts than 10,000".

Stupid Record Book People.

ReputationRep:
    On Neville: I think you're onto something with the building up of Neville's character. This might be a stretch, but I think it would be pretty cool if Neville sacrificed himself to save Harry (a la fanficdom cliche of throwing himself in front of the avada kedavra curse) and thus allowing Harry to participate in the final battle with Voldemort.

On Harry's death: Also, I think it would be hella cool if after defeating Voldemort, Harry decides that he misses his parents, Sirius, and the countless casualties of the final battle so much that he decides to walk through the veil in the deparment of mysteries. That would only work if in the next book Rowling expounded upon Lunas OotP 'cant you hear them' or something to that effect comment when talking about whats behind the veil. Seeing as this is meant to be a childrens book, somehow I doubt that 'suicide' however poetic, would come into play. Drats.

Right little ray of sunshine, aren't I? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WILLWIZARD)
    Book six is called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I think this will be the big war in book six, and Voldmort will flee and in the 7th book Harry will Hunt him down alone. It is comfirmed at J.k Rowlings official site as well. Go there for yourself. -->J.k.'s site

Its a pretty cool site, she updates on the status of book ect. The 4th book movie is coming out on November 18, 2005. The book still is tba
    I feel enlightened...

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, how could someone thing that in over 10,000 posts we hadn't discovered JKR's website!

Have managed to make it through the first 500 posts! I'm on a roll!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, how could someone thing that in over 10,000 posts we hadn't discovered JKR's website!

Very good question.

And at this rate you might as well do the whole thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Who is going to read pages 200-300, 300-400, 400-500? I'm afraid I'm out of time to do it- as it is I might have to give up the thread....
    You might have to gove up the thread? :eek: How come? You're such a brilliant contributor to it!
    I won't be able to do much reading up on the pages, as I'm on holiday at the mo, and can't come online too often. As it was, I didn't get online for 2 days, as I was busy visiting relatives and stuff.
    And, nice one, Ditzy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WILLWIZARD)

4th book movie coming out so soon? I can't believe it! probably they didn't want them (Dan Radcliffe, etc.) to get all old-looking that much, eh? I'm excited

Bulgarians are supposed to be camp?!
    what do you mean by camp? not in my vocab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parvati)
    i was thinking that, but that does require way too much time!! maybe if ppl do have time though, we could each take 100 or so pages each to reread and list theories discussed on those pages to compile a master list
    way too much time AND effort. rereading 100 pages? that's definitely tedious but would be really nice for those who are only joining the forums now. it would also be nice though if they'd not be lazy and read through the whole thing. hahahah!

ReputationRep:

Well done Ditzy. Have you come accross any old theorys yet that we might use again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well done Ditzy. Have you come accross any old theorys yet that we might use again.
    I've come across quite a few. I'm making note of them and once I get through all 100 pages I'll post them. I'm trying to be quite organised and sort them into categories etc.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.