The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.geocities.com/lytapadfoot/Analysis/Names.htm

just thought I'd but this link back out there since it was first posted around page 40
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
where do people get their info/spoilers (if you can call them spoilers) on the GoF film from?
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladyblitzer)
aaaah... i get the picture but i really have a hard time seeing slightly feminine guys as not gay people
If you ever meet me, you know what camp is cos my best mate is turning me camp.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
where do people get their info/spoilers (if you can call them spoilers) on the GoF film from?
I find the Newsround website is a very reliable source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
ladyblitzer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Ralph fiennes is a good actor, he has made some very good films.
ralph fiennes!?! grr... i always imagined him as remus... doesn't he look like a good remus?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is it just me? Or has this thread been really slow since we reached 10,000 posts?
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
Is it just me? Or has this thread been really slow since we reached 10,000 posts?
Well, with the new chat forum /discussion, it siphons off some of the comments, doesn't it
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
Well, with the new chat forum /discussion, it siphons off some of the comments, doesn't it
That site is slow too. We had been getting at least 100 posts per day and the last few days we have been lower. Yesterday we had like 40 posts.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That site is slow too. We had been getting at least 100 posts per day and the last few days we have been lower. Yesterday we had like 40 posts.
Lots of people on holidays away or actually working to fund their future uni life! No access to a computer during the day (as in school time) will seriously limit their posting!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
Lots of people on holidays away or actually working to fund their future uni life! No access to a computer during the day (as in school time) will seriously limit their posting!
I'm was supposed to be at work now, but seeing as I sprained my ankle yesterday, the ER doctor said I couldn't work today.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So a discussion points *opens book* umm okay : Remember after arthur was hurt, they went to dumbledore office and he got out that odd instrument and the smoke formed to snakes? And he said something like "Naturally, but in essence divided". Whats that about?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
So a discussion points *opens book* umm okay : Remember after arthur was hurt, they went to dumbledore office and he got out that odd instrument and the smoke formed to snakes? And he said something like "Naturally, but in essence divided". Whats that about?
Wasn't he having a conversation with someone?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wasn't he having a conversation with someone?
No, he was talking to himself.
Geogger
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
No, he was talking to himself.
But it's an interesting observation that he's making ie that the snake could be inhabited by both Voldemort and Harry at the same time time, but there was still a clear division between them. Presumably this would not have happened if Voldemort was able to control Harry directly (which is what he was concerned with).
Wise One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Woooah. This post has over 500 pages. I feel really intimidated.

Anyway, Harry Potter - isn't it great?

Speculations
Ron and Hermione...
Aunt Petunia being a Witch...
That hand thing in the evil alleyway that the Floo Powder took Harry to being significant in some way...
Ron becoming Head Boy.
Harry's dramatic death...
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Wise One)
Woooah. This post has over 500 pages. I feel really intimidated.

Anyway, Harry Potter - isn't it great?

Speculations
Ron and Hermione...
Aunt Petunia being a Witch...
That hand thing in the evil alleyway that the Floo Powder took Harry to being significant in some way...
Ron becoming Head Boy.
Harry's dramatic death...
Don't be intimidated, just join in as and when you feel like it, we're all very nice, honestly! Welcome.
parvati
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
am slowly but surely reading old posts, my there have been some fantastic comments and theories in the pages before i joined. on page 125 now!
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by parvati)
am slowly but surely reading old posts, my there have been some fantastic comments and theories in the pages before i joined. on page 125 now!
I want to go back and read all the posts I missed, but 249 pages is a daunting task.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
The thread has definitely slowed down. I mean, I'm on holiday, so hav been able to spend waaaay less time on the net. It should get more posts closer to the term. It's a pity J K didn't release any new bits of info on Harry's b'day. It's brilliant when that happens, because there's something big and new to discuss.
Ron becoming headboy-I reckon that might happen. Though it would be freaky, and not totally unrealistic if Draco became headboy.
Aunt Petunia being a witch-I somehow doubt it. Don't think she's a squib either, as it's been used too much. Btw, there's always the small storyline which J K could use about Filch wanting to learn how to do magic. Suppose he got tempted by Voldie, who gives him an oppurtunity to be able to do so using dark magic or something, in return for him spying at the school. I know, it's total speculation...
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The thread has definitely slowed down. I mean, I'm on holiday, so hav been able to spend waaaay less time on the net. It should get more posts closer to the term. It's a pity J K didn't release any new bits of info on Harry's b'day. It's brilliant when that happens, because there's something big and new to discuss.
Ron becoming headboy-I reckon that might happen. Though it would be freaky, and not totally unrealistic if Draco became headboy.
Aunt Petunia being a witch-I somehow doubt it. Don't think she's a squib either, as it's been used too much. Btw, there's always the small storyline which J K could use about Filch wanting to learn how to do magic. Suppose he got tempted by Voldie, who gives him an oppurtunity to be able to do so using dark magic or something, in return for him spying at the school. I know, it's total speculation...
I'm quite busy re-reading old posts at the minute, I've made it throught the first 800 posts now!

Thats a good theory about Filch, its almost possible as well, he does seem like the sort of person to resort to drastic measures to get his revenge on years of students making his life difficult
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.56%
No (471)
60.7%
Not really bothered about them (161)
20.75%

Watched Threads