Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

(Original post by Harry Potter)
    Well, I have it. I was at the grand opening in Britain for the Order of the Phoenix and everyone had a humungus contest. J.K. Rowling hosted it. The winner would get Book 5, 2 hours early, and a personal surprise from J.K Rowling. I won, and she shook my hand. Then at the party at 11:30 she told a secret to me that she wrote 2 copies of Book 6, and gave me one. She said I knew more about Harry then she did! So, I've been reading Book 6. I'm not allowed to disclose the name of the book, although I can post spoilers! Any questions, ask ME! I finished it last night! It is long.

Hi
    can you tell me what happens to sirus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Hi
    can you tell me what happens to sirus?
    I dunno if you know this, but I doubt that the person has book 6. I don't think that J K Rowling has finished writing book 6. Also, there was no grand opening for book 5. J K Rowling attended one small area for a book signing. It was not grand because the kids there didn't even know that she was coming.
    Though it would be interesting to see exactly what "Harry Potter" would come up with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I dunno if you know this, but I doubt that the person has book 6. I don't think that J K Rowling has finished writing book 6. Also, there was no grand opening for book 5. J K Rowling attended one small area for a book signing. It was not grand because the kids there didn't even know that she was coming.
    Though it would be interesting to see exactly what "Harry Potter" would come up with!
    I agree with you. It is impossible that harry potter has book 6 for the simple reason that it is not done, and we have all porvided other pieces of evidence.

Peter The Great, that is a good point about mundungus. I too brought up this point, but there was no reaction. It is odd tho, that he tried to jinx mr. weasley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    I agree with you. It is impossible that harry potter has book 6 for the simple reason that it is not done, and we have all porvided other pieces of evidence.

Peter The Great, that is a good point about mundungus. I too brought up this point, but there was no reaction. It is odd tho, that he tried to jinx mr. weasley.
    Hmmm. Makes Mundungus look suspicious. I kind of reckoned that he was an irresposible idiot, who got others in trouble. I wonder whether the Mr Weasley case was mistaken identity or something else. He placed Harry in danger by not fulfilling his job. Was that plain irresponsible or did he intentionally do so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wonder whether the Mr Weasley case was mistaken identity or something else. He placed Harry in danger by not fulfilling his job. Was that plain irresponsible or did he intentionally do so?
    Could you explain this...not sure whether I have missed a post or am just being a fool but please remind me what you're talking about? What Mr Weasley case indangered Harry irresponsibly/intentionally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Could you explain this...not sure whether I have missed a post or am just being a fool but please remind me what you're talking about? What Mr Weasley case indangered Harry irresponsibly/intentionally?
    They are talking about Mundungus indangering Harry by not watching him when the dementors came. They weren't implying that Mr. Weasley was trying to indanger Harry. I wonder why Mungundus was trying to jinx Mr. Weasley? Perhaps we will find out in future books.

Sorry to go off topic but how do you guys (and girls) get a picture to appear under your login name???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    They are talking about Mundungus indangering Harry by not watching him when the dementors came. They weren't implying that Mr. Weasley was trying to indanger Harry. I wonder why Mungundus was trying to jinx Mr. Weasley? Perhaps we will find out in future books.

Sorry to go off topic but how do you guys (and girls) get a picture to appear under your login name???
    Cheers- now I understand

As for your picture thing- they're called avatars- there are about 6 different threads on them if you need full details however I shall give you breif instruction-
    Go into you're 'user cp' - click on 'avatar' on the panel and either choose one from the small collection d has already added, upload one from your computer or host your chosen avatar- or get some other lovely person to (Ollie did mine for me) and post the link...

If you need further details either ask or look at one of the threads- they'll prob have a better explanation

ReputationRep:
    Hey my 100th post!!!Wow, the thread's 1000 post, and one page past 50!
    Anyway
    This had been bugging me for a while. Why is everyone (well not so much people on this thread, but others) SO sure that lupin's brother ( that we have absolutly no evidence of an excistance) is going to come to hogwarts. Everyone says she will because it's a old story, but thats exactly why i dont think she will. After all, if she does it that way, she would just be re-writing old story's with extra parts, which i am sure she does not want. So in my opionon, there will be no romalus (sp?) coming to be DADA teacher, or anything else for that matter. I like the story about the running weasel (although it involves ron dying). She may have used the legend's to form a little of the story, but i HIGHLY doubt she will use the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    We've heard nothing much about Lupin's family, except a little mention. So don't know if J K Rowling will bring him up. However, maybe there was a misunderstanding between the 2 and Remus never brought up a sujbect of a brother. But wouldn't his brother have gone to hogwarts, if there was 1, and might have been mentioned.

i think no one should worry about harry dieing i dont even think jk knows if he will die but remember there are only 7 book 2 have not been written yet .butt jk has to end the sequel some how so who knows .ps when is uk harry potter.com come back any i got to go using time turner ..................any way i got to go using time turner.......................... .....time turnner ................any way i got to go using time turner .....

lucero aka sarah

ReputationRep:
    i think no one should worry about harry dieing i dont even think jk knows if he will die but remember there are only 7 book 2 have not been written yet .butt jk has to end the sequel some how so who knows .ps when is uk harry potter.com come back any i got to go using time turner ..................any way i got to go using time turner.......................... .....time turnner ................any way i got to go using time turner .....
    Well, J K Rowling has said that she already knows what is going to happen in the rest of the books. Hopefully, it won't involve HP dying (loads of people in the story would be gutted, and if Dumbledore survives, he will blame Harry's death on himself).
    As for the rest of your post, :confused:

How long is this thread? lol

very long

ReputationRep:
    very long
    Very long indeed

As to that person repeating something babble about a time turner....... i have absolutly no idea what that was about. The begginning made some sense, but what was that about uk learning. harry potter?? i am confused :confused:

Hurry up with book 6!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Hurry up with book 6!!
    Indeed- it'll be interesting to compare the real thing to our many predictions and guesses!

And as for the time turner person who was saying about JK not knowing...she's always said the plot- and what will happen at the end, has always been set out in her mind- she'll definatly know something as important as whether Harry lives or dies...

Hmmm- I wonder if JK has given her husband any clues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Indeed- it'll be interesting to compare the real thing to our many predictions and guesses!

And as for the time turner person who was saying about JK not knowing...she's always said the plot- and what will happen at the end, has always been set out in her mind- she'll definatly know something as important as whether Harry lives or dies...

She said not even he friends knew the title of book 6, but then again it would be knid of hard for him not to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

I'm not quite sure she has. I mean, I don't think that she told him about Sirius dying, although there is a big chance that I am wrong. It's just the way he asked her what was wrong, and she said that she killed someone. It sounds vague, but then who knows what she had told him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Cheers- now I understand......If you need further details either ask or look at one of the threads- they'll prob have a better explanation
    yay! thanks Egan1. now i just have to find a cute pic.

i doubt that j.k. has told her husband anything but if i were him i would sneak into her room where she writes and take a peak. hehe that would be bad though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    about this...lately i haven't been able to get on my computer being busy with early football practice and getting ready for school...i've had a great summer and this site has helped me a lot...and with that i have to say..thanks ...i'm gonna try as hard as i can to get on my computer.. so don't close this thread!!

CR

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutlely no intention of closing this thread anytime in the near future!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.