Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    It could be 'friendship' too; one of the major moral messages in the books is the value of friendship, so it would be no surprise for Harry's pals to help him out in beating Voldermort.
    It's more likely to be love, in my honest opinion. The reason why Voldemort couldn't possess Harry was because he thought of Sirius, someone who he'd grown to love as a father figure, rather than a friend. That sudden burst of emotion meant that Voldemort couldn't possess him. It's because Harry has a heart, something Voldemort doesn't have.

[sings] It's the power of love... [/singing] :rolleyes:

Okay, cheesy, but it came into my head... Now it's stuck in there... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    No i mean she really can't be, dumbledore saved her.
    Exactly. she was in the hospital wing at the end of the book. Ron made clip clop noises and she went a bit crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Exactly. she was in the hospital wing at the end of the book. Ron made clip clop noises and she went a bit crazy!
    yeah...
    but i want her dead... but i do think that she hasgot a big role in the future...

by the way, did u guysheard the news abt an indian might direct the 5th film...??i dont know abt her films.. but her vanity fair is in where cedric has acted.. i want the dirction in the hands of a gud one. who knows that many parts are very imp, and not cut parts which is very gud in the books..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    yeah...
    but i want her dead... but i do think that she has got a big role in the future
    She may have been really mean to Harry and that, but you can't denie that she is a really good character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    She may have been really mean to Harry and that, but you can't denie that she is a really good character.
    yeah, good and effective character. you all have to admit that she made you want to kill her for what she's doing. but she's evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Something cliched like love, not a type of magic power.
    aaaah... yeah. very clicheic. i do hope it's not that.. not that I don't like love. it's just too mushy and predictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    aaaah... yeah. very clicheic. i do hope it's not that.. not that I don't like love. it's just too mushy and predictable.
    I also hope it's not that. After all, it's been used so much. We need something new, exciting and different. That's why I was thinking wandless magic, because it would be so useful in trying to defeat Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I also hope it's not that. After all, it's been used so much. We need something new, exciting and different. That's why I was thinking wandless magic, because it would be so useful in trying to defeat Voldie.
    And there is a chance of it happening. Remember that Arther said in PoA "We have as much chance of catching Black then we have of inventing Self Spelling Wands". Well they did catch Black to a certain extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    And there is a chance of it happening. Remember that Arther said in PoA "We have as much chance of catching Black then we have of inventing Self Spelling Wands". Well they did catch Black to a certain extent.
    Maybe that will have something to do with the wandless magic theory. Because it would be a similar principle.

ReputationRep:
    well, jkr wold sure add something interesting and totally diferent...like every book is dif. from the other..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    well, jkr wold sure add something interesting and totally diferent...like every book is dif. from the other..
    wandless magic is different. I would love to see that introduced, because it would make Harry a much more powerful wizard. But then again, J K often does something unexpected.

ReputationRep:
    There already is wandless magic, it's when Harry wants something really badly, like when his aunt made him have his hair shaved off, he wanted it to grow back, and by the next morning it had. Also when he set the Brazilian Boa Constrictor on Dudley, he made the glass disappear. He managed to jump onto the roof when he was trying to get away from Dudley in school, etc, etc, etc... It's all those things we heard about him in the first book, before he even knew he was a wizard. All those are examples of wandless magic, so it does exist, it's just whether or not he harnesses the power of it, or if JK wants to write it like that.
    Another example is when Neville bounced across the road when his uncle dropped him from the upstairs window...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    There already is wandless magic, it's when Harry wants something really badly, like when his aunt made him have his hair shaved off, he wanted it to grow back, and by the next morning it had. Also when he set the Brazilian Boa Constrictor on Dudley, he made the glass disappear. He managed to jump onto the roof when he was trying to get away from Dudley in school, etc, etc, etc... It's all those things we heard about him in the first book, before he even knew he was a wizard. All those are examples of wandless magic, so it does exist, it's just whether or not he harnesses the power of it, or if JK wants to write it like that.
    Another example is when Neville bounced across the road when his uncle dropped him from the upstairs window...
    Well that was explained already. Dumble said that even the best of wizards can control their emotions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well that was explained already. Dumble said that even the best of wizards can control their emotions.
    I was pointing out that wandless magic had already been introduced... Another thing, remember how Dumbledore defended himself against Voldemort with the statues in the MoM? Well, he didn't say anything, but he did use his wand. Obviously there is a way of harnessing the power of the wand and the mind, without having to say anything outloud. Maybe thoughts can be transferred into spells or something... Just a thought...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I was pointing out that wandless magic had already been introduced... Another thing, remember how Dumbledore defended himself against Voldemort with the statues in the MoM? Well, he didn't say anything, but he did use his wand. Obviously there is a way of harnessing the power of the wand and the mind, without having to say anything outloud. Maybe thoughts can be transferred into spells or something... Just a thought...
    we'll probably see more wandless magic in the next book, or wand magic without saying the spell itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    we'll probably see more wandless magic in the next book, or wand magic without saying the spell itself.
    *eagerly awaits the next book*

ReputationRep:
    Come on people, let's start kicking. We have to get some discussion going.

If the HBP is not a new character, who do you think it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    Come on people, let's start kicking. We have to get some discussion going.

If the HBP is not a new character, who do you think it is?
    It'd be lupid in my openion he is the only one who could be possible though I think the title fits snape mostly,by the way I just had an idea,how about HBP being someone related to lilly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    It'd be lupid in my openion he is the only one who could be possible though I think the title fits snape mostly,by the way I just had an idea,how about HBP being someone related to lilly
    You mean Lupin and he does seem like a good choice. But what about that character whoz describtion was released a while ago. The one behind the door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    You mean Lupin and he does seem like a good choice. But what about that character whoz describtion was released a while ago. The one behind the door.
    I know just a spelling mistake I saw it but didn't feel like editing *LOL(*monical(sp?)asked if it was a charecter who was allready exist

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.