Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think the Half Bllod Prince is going to be a new character. It would be easier to completely remove the storyline from Chamber if it was a new character, and it just doesn't seem like it could be any of the known characters. Apparently JKR practically denied it was Hagrid at the book thing on Edinburgh the other week and he was my top choice. I don't think the HBP is going to be that essentialto ther storyline though, dunno what makes me think that though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Personally I think the Half Bllod Prince is going to be a new character. It would be easier to completely remove the storyline from Chamber if it was a new character, and it just doesn't seem like it could be any of the known characters. Apparently JKR practically denied it was Hagrid at the book thing on Edinburgh the other week and he was my top choice. I don't think the HBP is going to be that essentialto ther storyline though, dunno what makes me think that though
    But he's essential to the storyline surely if the title of the book going to be HBP? wouldn't it be interesting if the HBP turned out to be someone we all though was actually 'Pure Blood' *cough Draco cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    But he's essential to the storyline surely if the title of the book going to be HBP? wouldn't it be interesting if the HBP turned out to be someone we all though was actually 'Pure Blood' *cough Draco cough*
    Hmmmmm, now that would be interesting. I don't think Draco's been mentioned here before as being possibly the hbp. Snape has been mentioned a few times. But Draco can't be the hbp because Ihe comes from a line of purebloods. I reckon the the hbp will either be Snape, a new character or someone we would have never thought of. I still wish that my theory of Mark Evans being hbp was right, but silly J K messed up that theory.

ReputationRep:
    The idea about Lupin is interesting. I expect that he will be a major character in the next 2 books so it would be odd for him to not show up until the third book. So maybe he was cut out of the second one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I still wish that my theory of Mark Evans being hbp was right, but silly J K messed up that theory.
    Do you think she has come back from her hiding place yet then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Do you think she has come back from her hiding place yet then
    I don't care where she is just so long as she is writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    I don't care where she is just so long as she is writing.
    Lol. She'd better be still writing. We're all eagerly anticipating her next book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Lol. She'd better be still writing. We're all eagerly anticipating her next book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If she isn't writing then she deserves what she gets. So she might have been serious about going into hiding.

ReputationRep:
    The idea about Lupin is interesting. I expect that he will be a major character in the next 2 books so it would be odd for him to not show up until the third book. So maybe he was cut out of the second one.
    I still think it's not Lupin. He'll be playing a big part already in being one of Harry's guardian, meaning like in place of Sirius, I guess. I think it would be a new character.

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhhhh, how sweet im a star
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmmmm, now that would be interesting. I don't think Draco's been mentioned here before as being possibly the hbp. Snape has been mentioned a few times. But Draco can't be the hbp because Ihe comes from a line of purebloods. I reckon the the hbp will either be Snape, a new character or someone we would have never thought of. I still wish that my theory of Mark Evans being hbp was right, but silly J K messed up that theory.
    Yes, but don't forget one of the oints that comes out in CoS is that Hagrid(film) and Ron (book) mentioned that even the most pure-blood families are likely to be part-blood as " we'd have died out years ago"

ReputationRep:
    "Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley) recently updated his blog with details regarding his contract with WB and has said that he has not yet been contacted about being in Goblet of Fire:

Having been speaking to my agent about why I've not heard anything from Warner Brothers re Goblet of Fire, they've been making some enquiries into the legal side of not being used on the film, when I've been contracted to it... Turns out that my contract states that I was contracted to appear in Prisoner of Azkaban +1 more HP film - it doesn't have to be the next in the series (as we'd all presumed) - what this basically means is that we're unlikely to be seeing Percy in Goblet of Fire, but that doesn't mean that he won't be in another film along the lines of the series... but we might not!"

More info, stolen from Mugglenet. This all seems a bit odd, surely Percy's biggest role is in Goblet. He has to pass on quite a bit of Ministry info to Harry etc, and he has to fill in for Crouch at the Triwizard tournament. He's not actually seen at all in Phoenix, apart from at the trial. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all the other times he's just mentioned and isn't actually present)

This is even more random than cutting Wood from Azkaban!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    "Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley) recently updated his blog with details regarding his contract with WB and has said that he has not yet been contacted about being in Goblet of Fire:

Having been speaking to my agent about why I've not heard anything from Warner Brothers re Goblet of Fire, they've been making some enquiries into the legal side of not being used on the film, when I've been contracted to it... Turns out that my contract states that I was contracted to appear in Prisoner of Azkaban +1 more HP film - it doesn't have to be the next in the series (as we'd all presumed) - what this basically means is that we're unlikely to be seeing Percy in Goblet of Fire, but that doesn't mean that he won't be in another film along the lines of the series... but we might not!"

More info, stolen from Mugglenet. This all seems a bit odd, surely Percy's biggest role is in Goblet. He has to pass on quite a bit of Ministry info to Harry etc, and he has to fill in for Crouch at the Triwizard tournament. He's not actually seen at all in Phoenix, apart from at the trial. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all the other times he's just mentioned and isn't actually present)

This is even more random than cutting Wood from Azkaban!
    percy didn't show up (alot)in any of the films...even fred and george had small roles...I'm not a percy fan..I dont even know the acter..so that wont bother me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    percy didn't show up (alot)in any of the films...even fred and george had small roles...I'm not a percy fan..I dont even know the acter..so that wont bother me
    Yeah, but I don't understand the cutting of Percy. I mean, if he's not shown in the 4th film, then will he be shown in the next films? Surely Percy will play a slightly bigger role i the next books, considering the fact that he is a traitor to the family. I thought that he might be back in the 6th or 7th book to try and get forgiveness for his actions. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, but I don't understand the cutting of Percy. I mean, if he's not shown in the 4th film, then will he be shown in the next films? Surely Percy will play a slightly bigger role i the next books, considering the fact that he is a traitor to the family. I thought that he might be back in the 6th or 7th book to try and get forgiveness for his actions. :confused:
    They do seem to be cutting down alot for the film. I hate to think what they are going to do for OoP if that isn't going to be two seperate films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    They do seem to be cutting down alot for the film. I hate to think what they are going to do for OoP if that isn't going to be two seperate films.
    Yeah, they sure do. But if they cut out the Percy bit, he'll surely have to be back, because surely for the final books, Percy will be back. I can't see the series finishing without Percy being forgiven, whether he's alive or dead. And hence, he'll have to try and gain that forgiveness, and he will have to be there in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, they sure do. But if they cut out the Percy bit, he'll surely have to be back, because surely for the final books, Percy will be back. I can't see the series finishing without Percy being forgiven, whether he's alive or dead. And hence, he'll have to try and gain that forgiveness, and he will have to be there in person.
    Well we lose one Weasley brother and gain two. Remember that we should meet Bill and Charile in this book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'm wondering if it will even be recognizable as harry potter at all. They are going to have to cut out soooo much.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if it will even be recognizable as harry potter at all. They are going to have to cut out soooo much.
    If anything, this movie will prove how crap they are cos they have missed so much out.

ReputationRep:
    percy will propably ask for forgiveness now that the minestry(sp?)of magic believes harry and dumbeldore...so percy will propably feel guilty for dumbing his parants..and even dissing harry..or eles he would join voldmort.I personally hate good and bad percy..how can he be a brother to fred a george..he is a disgrace to them..he is a &%^%%...oh what a relief ..done!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.