Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    What an odd coincidence... Things like that makes me wonder... Maybe she's written all of the books already, but just likes to keep us in suspense for ages so we all rush out and buy the books... Not like JKR would do such a thing, but it's an amazing coincidence...
    It is possible that she already had some idea how many pages it would take to kill siriuis so she used 711 and then added stuff or left stuff out to make it page 711.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Its even longer than that, we find out the vault number in PS and Sirius goes through the veil in OotP. OotP wouldn't even have been written when PS was published, let alone have page numbers, and it would be practically impossible to ensure that Siriys went through the veil on page 711, its just a big coincidence, but one I found quite fascinating!!
    Also don't forget that she didn't orginally plan to make OoP so long.

ReputationRep:
    YAY!!!! LOADS OF NEW FAQ ANSWERS!!!!!

The 'Remember my last' answer is very interesting

We now know that:
    * James and Lupin didn't switch bodies before James died (never though that would have happened anyway)

* JKR's opinions on Sirius as a 'person'

* That heads of houses and ghosts were in that house during their time at Hogwarts

* Charlie is actually 3 years older than Percy (not two as she once said in a webchat)

* An explaination about Colin Creevey's camera working in Hogwarts

* An explaination as to why Fred and George never spotted Wormtail on the Mauraders map

* She;s gping to kill more characters

* Why she had Harry not notice the leprechun gold disappear

* She doesn't write everyday

* Houseelvevcs use their own brand of magic to apparate etc in Hogwarts

* -etunia exaggerated when she said that Lily was actually doing magiv at home in the holidays

Plus a few more slightly less important facts (In my opinion)
    (Sorry for the typos, I'm a little bit drunk)

ReputationRep:
    The answer is indeed interesting. What could the other letters have been about? Did dumbledore keep petunia informed on the war?

ReputationRep:
    Jkr has told us how old the marauders are! She said that Sirius was 22 when he went to azkaban. That means harry's parrents were 22 when they died. So Lupin is around 37 or 38 now.

ReputationRep:

JKR said on the fan sites page that she voted on this poll. Assuming that she answered honestly, it is either one of the above characters or a new one. And hopefully we can throw out I don't know and Tom Riddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)

JKR said on the fan sites page that she voted on this poll. Assuming that she answered honestly, it is either one of the above characters or a new one. And hopefully we can throw out I don't know and Tom Riddle.
    Sadly, even with the info that we know about Tom Riddle, people kept voting that he is gonna be the Half Blood Prince I still don't think it's Lupin.

ReputationRep:

Doesn't really help though, from that we know that its either one of the characters mentions, someone else, or a new character, so basically it could be anyone!

ReputationRep:
    The answer is indeed interesting. What could the other letters have been about? Did dumbledore keep petunia informed on the war?
    Points to be made from this discovery:

Why was Dumbledore in contact with Petunia? Was he warning her that her sister was in danger and she might have to take Harry in? What did his other letters say

Why did his contact with Petunia stop once she'd taken Harry in? Was it so Harry wouldn't find out about his family (but everyone was surprised that Harry hadn't known he was a wizard)

Sorry, just thinking outloud

ReputationRep:
    YAY!!!! LOADS OF NEW FAQ ANSWERS!!!!!

The 'Remember my last' answer is very interesting

We now know that:
    * James and Lupin didn't switch bodies before James died (never though that would have happened anyway)

* JKR's opinions on Sirius as a 'person'

* That heads of houses and ghosts were in that house during their time at Hogwarts

* Charlie is actually 3 years older than Percy (not two as she once said in a webchat)

* An explaination about Colin Creevey's camera working in Hogwarts

* An explaination as to why Fred and George never spotted Wormtail on the Mauraders map

* She;s gping to kill more characters

* Why she had Harry not notice the leprechun gold disappear

* She doesn't write everyday

* Houseelvevcs use their own brand of magic to apparate etc in Hogwarts

* -etunia exaggerated when she said that Lily was actually doing magiv at home in the holidays

Plus a few more slightly less important facts (In my opinion)
    (Sorry for the typos, I'm a little bit drunk)
    Well most of that we could of guess anyway. You are right though. The letter answer was very interesting

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ladyblitzer]Sadly, even with the info that we know about Tom Riddle, people kept voting that he is gonna be the Half Blood Prince [QUOTE]

LOL..i suggest thought the same about people voting for voldmort ...how stupid exactly can people get when jk said clearly that there is no chance it would be tom riddle..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well most of that we could of guess anyway. You are right though. The letter answer was very interesting
    How drunk was I when I was writing that last night?! I appeared to be trying quite hard at first and gave up half way through!! oops, never mind.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really help though, from that we know that its either one of the characters mentions, someone else, or a new character, so basically it could be anyone!
    I'm sure that's why she voted and why she says she voted.

ReputationRep:
    Points to be made from this discovery:

Why was Dumbledore in contact with Petunia? Was he warning her that her sister was in danger and she might have to take Harry in? What did his other letters say

Why did his contact with Petunia stop once she'd taken Harry in? Was it so Harry wouldn't find out about his family (but everyone was surprised that Harry hadn't known he was a wizard)

Maybe petunia is a squib and dumbledore was providing her with instruction, but he stopped when harry began to live with them. Maybe he just didn't think harry could handle it until he was older. Remember, dumbledore never said that the dursely's were supposed to tell him.

ReputationRep:
    How drunk was I when I was writing that last night?! I appeared to be trying quite hard at first and gave up half way through!! oops, never mind.
    :eek: You were drunk last night. Shame on you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe petunia is a squib and dumbledore was providing her with instruction, but he stopped when harry began to live with them. Maybe he just didn't think harry could handle it until he was older. Remember, dumbledore never said that the dursely's were supposed to tell him.
    A squib is someone from a wizarding family that cannot do magic, we know that Petunia and Lily were muggle born.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe petunia is a squib
    Petunia IS NOT A SQUIB!!!!!

Its mentioned many many times that Lily was muggleborn, and therefore so was Petunia, the fact that she has no magically powers makes her a MUGGLE, not a squib.

(Sorry, just something that really aggrivates me, its been said so many times and noone seems to listen!!)

ReputationRep:
    Petunia IS NOT A SQUIB!!!!!

Its mentioned many many times that Lily was muggleborn, and therefore so was Petunia, the fact that she has no magically powers makes her a MUGGLE, not a squib.

(Sorry, just something that really aggrivates me, its been said so many times and noone seems to listen!!)
    Sorry, I meant that maybe petunia has undeveloped magical talents so dumbledore was trying to get her to use them.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I meant that maybe petunia has undeveloped magical talents so dumbledore was trying to get her to use them.
    Ok, that makes sense, sorry I went off on one, just one of my little pet hates!!

ReputationRep:
    No problem, that's what this thread is all about!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.