Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I've been wondering the same, you can vote on JKR's poll on her site, maybe we will find out!
    Does jkr have up a new poll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Does jkr have up a new poll?
    She answered the question about "remember my last" if anyone cares to take a look, i wont ruin it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    yeah I think she will kill hermione and doddly and uncle vernon and charlie ron's brother
    No Way :eek: I love Charlie.

ReputationRep:
    She answered the question about "remember my last" if anyone cares to take a look, i wont ruin it for you
    Yeah that was pretty cool, I'm still triying to think what she means though. Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    Yeah that was pretty cool, I'm still triying to think what she means though. Anyone got any ideas?
    I think we have so far that Dumbledore kept Petunia up to date with magical news and that the reason she hates magic so much is because she blames it for her sisters death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think we have so far that Dumbledore kept Petunia up to date with magical news and that the reason she hates magic so much is because she blames it for her sisters death.
    but she hates her sister? :confused: well i thought she did :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    but she hates her sister? :confused: well i thought she did :confused:
    JK's reply to the "Remember my Last" question was that Dumbledore has sent Petunia quite a few letters (we're not sure how many, but certainally more than one). I think that Petuina really did love her sister, but when she found out that she was murdered by a powerful wizard, she hated magic and everything to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    JK's reply to the "Remember my Last" question was that Dumbledore has sent Petunia quite a few letters (we're not sure how many, but certainally more than one). I think that Petuina really did love her sister, but when she found out that she was murdered by a powerful wizard, she hated magic and everything to do with it.
    so are you saying that she is lying about hating her sister or that she did love her sister and when magic killed her she hated everything to do with that including her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    so are you saying that she is lying about hating her sister or that she did love her sister and when magic killed her she hated everything to do with that including her?
    Thats my theory. It's properly wrong and Xenon or Ditzy will come in here to prove me wrong I'll bet.

ReputationRep:
    But does she have a new one up yet? It's been like a month since she answered it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think maybe Petunia was just really jealous of lily. Then when lily died the hate thing took over.

ReputationRep:
    ok here is my opinion on petunia emotions for her sis
    first of all it was jealousy ,lilly attracting her parants attention for being a wizard(witch).after that it was hate for magic for not having the chance to be like her sis,then it was hateness for james---> wizard,then jealousy turned into a kind of hateness,after lilly died petunia hated magic more as she had somelove for her sister

ReputationRep:
    Just found this and dutifully copied and pasted it from Mugglenet (I steal their stuff but at least I give them credit for it!!)

The Sun reports that last night, internet firm Blue Square reported a flood of bets on Cho Chang as a character who dies in book 6.

Spokesman Ed Pownall said: “It’s very odd. Even the betting pattern has been a bit mysterious. “A lot of people have opened accounts in the middle of the night and placed their first-ever bets on Cho Chang being killed off. “This suggests they at least think they know something. “The maximum punt for this kind of bet is £100 and we’ve had a few of them as well as several of £50. “This has forced us to cut the odds on Cho by more than half from 8-1 to 3-1.”

A spokesman for JK called the Cho rumors “pure speculation”.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    ok here is my opinion on petunia emotions for her sis
    first of all it was jealousy ,lilly attracting her parants attention for being a wizard(witch).after that it was hate for magic for not having the chance to be like her sis,then it was hateness for james---> wizard,then jealousy turned into a kind of hateness,after lilly died petunia hated magic more as she had somelove for her sister
    I think I'd have to agree with you on that one, its pretty much how I saw it as well, although you kinda have to add in the theory that Petunia had some experience of the magical world (ie she went to Hogwarts and was thrown out, she didn't make it there in the first place)

The big question is why was she in contact with Dumbledore as she obvious magic so much (we know she hated magic before Lily and James died from the first chapter of PS)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if someone's already suggested this but i can't be bothered to read all the previous posts and the summary thread's been locked for some reason so.....

On JK's website there is a butterfly that flies across the screen now and then. At first it's blue but after a while it has changed to green.

'Cho' means 'butterfly' and blue is Ravenclaw's (the house Cho is in) colour and green Slytherin's. So possibility of Cho going evil and Slytherin-like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Rickman)
    Sorry if someone's already suggested this but i can't be bothered to read all the previous posts and the summary thread's been locked for some reason so.....

On JK's website there is a butterfly that flies across the screen now and then. At first it's blue but after a while it has changed to green.

'Cho' means 'butterfly' and blue is Ravenclaw's (the house Cho is in) colour and green Slytherin's. So possibility of Cho going evil and Slytherin-like?
    oh nice theory....though I dont think there is a secret behind that ^[email protected]@&((^[email protected]*()*&

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Just found this and dutifully copied and pasted it from Mugglenet (I steal their stuff but at least I give them credit for it!!)

The Sun reports that last night, internet firm Blue Square reported a flood of bets on Cho Chang as a character who dies in book 6.

Spokesman Ed Pownall said: “It’s very odd. Even the betting pattern has been a bit mysterious. “A lot of people have opened accounts in the middle of the night and placed their first-ever bets on Cho Chang being killed off. “This suggests they at least think they know something. “The maximum punt for this kind of bet is £100 and we’ve had a few of them as well as several of £50. “This has forced us to cut the odds on Cho by more than half from 8-1 to 3-1.”

oh I wish,I wouldn't be sad at all,I for somereason that I dunno I ate cho

ReputationRep:

But if she was upset about the death of Cedric so much, why would she turn to be evil?
    Certainly interesting though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)

People bet on harry poter :confused: :eek:

Sorry if someone's already suggested this but i can't be bothered to read all the previous posts and the summary thread's been locked for some reason so..... On JK's website there is a butterfly that flies across the screen now and then. At first it's blue but after a while it has changed to green. 'Cho' means 'butterfly' and blue is Ravenclaw's (the house Cho is in) colour and green Slytherin's. So possibility of Cho going evil and Slytherin-like? 8 Hours Ago 04:52 AM
    Nice observation. But i do have my doubts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Hmmm, you might have something there, but I was so sure Petunia hated Lily....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.