Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Just found this and dutifully copied and pasted it from Mugglenet (I steal their stuff but at least I give them credit for it!!)

The Sun reports that last night, internet firm Blue Square reported a flood of bets on Cho Chang as a character who dies in book 6.

Spokesman Ed Pownall said: “It’s very odd. Even the betting pattern has been a bit mysterious. “A lot of people have opened accounts in the middle of the night and placed their first-ever bets on Cho Chang being killed off. “This suggests they at least think they know something. “The maximum punt for this kind of bet is £100 and we’ve had a few of them as well as several of £50. “This has forced us to cut the odds on Cho by more than half from 8-1 to 3-1.”

A spokesman for JK called the Cho rumors “pure speculation”.
    I was just going to come and write this :eek: looks like you beat me to it. Anyway, I think the whole Cho dying in book six would be pretty cool, give the book a twist, and make people feel more sorry for Cho, since reading OoTP and Cho being a complete idiot in it I think she's really low on the sympathy votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    I was just going to come and write this :eek: looks like you beat me to it. Anyway, I think the whole Cho dying in book six would be pretty cool, give the book a twist, and make people feel more sorry for Cho, since reading OoTP and Cho being a complete idiot in it I think she's really low on the sympathy votes.
    I wouldn't mind if she was killed. IMO she is just dead weight for Harry anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Rickman)
    Sorry if someone's already suggested this but i can't be bothered to read all the previous posts and the summary thread's been locked for some reason so.....

On JK's website there is a butterfly that flies across the screen now and then. At first it's blue but after a while it has changed to green.

'Cho' means 'butterfly' and blue is Ravenclaw's (the house Cho is in) colour and green Slytherin's. So possibility of Cho going evil and Slytherin-like?

Cool theory, you might have something there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I wouldn't mind if she was killed. IMO she is just dead weight for Harry anyways.
    I wouldn't mind if she died either, but I really liked her when I finished GoF before OoTP came out, and me and my friends all thought she was the best person for Harry, but after reading OoTP and seeing what a complete looser she is I really hate her now, and I'm not the only one that feels like that, so if she died it would help me to feel a bit more kindly towards her, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    Cho dieing is actually a good theory. It would certainally make Harry more angry then he has been.

ReputationRep:
    I think that Harry might be over Cho. I mean, she will alway be pretty and stuff, but I don't think that he will fancy her as much as he previously did. I think that Harry is moving onto an improtant and different stage in his life. I think that Ginny would suit him, cos she would stand by him all the way through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that Harry might be over Cho. I mean, she will alway be pretty and stuff, but I don't think that he will fancy her as much as he previously did. I think that Harry is moving onto an improtant and different stage in his life. I think that Ginny would suit him, cos she would stand by him all the way through.
    I agree that he is over Cho. But I really don't want him to end up with Ginny. I just don't like her. Maybe she'll die. I think Harry can handle it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if someone's already suggested this but i can't be bothered to read all the previous posts and the summary thread's been locked for some reason so.....

On JK's website there is a butterfly that flies across the screen now and then. At first it's blue but after a while it has changed to green.

'Cho' means 'butterfly' and blue is Ravenclaw's (the house Cho is in) colour and green Slytherin's. So possibility of Cho going evil and Slytherin-like?
    Interesting theory... but I'm thinking of something else, in relation with the Cho dying in the 6th book theory. There is probably a possibility that Cho would die in the hands of a Slytherin... just a guess

I don't think Harry's for Ginny either. But I would really like him to have a love life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    There is probably a possibility that Cho would die in the hands of a Slytherin
    Good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I agree that he is over Cho. But I really don't want him to end up with Ginny. I just don't like her. Maybe she'll die. I think Harry can handle it.
    No, I like Ginny, she's one of my favourite characters, I don't think anyone else would do Harry justice, but she's over him now, so it probably wouldn't happen

ReputationRep:

The summary's locked so people don't reply to it, basically so it just stays as a reference point when people want to look back at whats already been discussed (well it will be if I ever get round to finishing it!!)

ReputationRep:
    No, I like Ginny, she's one of my favourite characters, I don't think anyone else would do Harry justice, but she's over him now, so it probably wouldn't happen
    Don't forget though that Ron has given his aproval of Harry pairing up with Ginny 9I don't want it to happen, but just thought i'd put it in).

ReputationRep:
    The summary's locked so people don't reply to it, basically so it just stays as a reference point when people want to look back at whats already been discussed (well it will be if I ever get round to finishing it!!)
    Ah ok - fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Don't forget though that Ron has given his aproval of Harry pairing up with Ginny 9I don't want it to happen, but just thought i'd put it in).
    Really? When? I don't remember

ReputationRep:
    Really? When? I don't remember
    At the end of OoP when Ron learns that Ginny is dating that boy from Ravenclaw, he says something like "Maybe you can pick someone better in future" and he looks at Harry in a werid way.

Can someone put up the exact quote fro mthe books. I left mine up in my dorm room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    At the end of OoP when Ron learns that Ginny is dating that boy from Ravenclaw, he says something like "Maybe you can pick someone better in future" and he looks at Harry in a werid way.

Can someone put up the exact quote fro mthe books. I left mine up in my dorm room.
    Got it right here...

"'Well, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot,' he said, prodding his queen forwards towards Harry's quivering castle. 'Good for you. Just choose someone - better - next time.'
    He cast Harry an oddly furtive look as he said it."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wa)
    Got it right here...

"'Well, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot,' he said, prodding his queen forwards towards Harry's quivering castle. 'Good for you. Just choose someone - better - next time.'
    There we go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wa)
    Got it right here...

Aaaah... anyone think that Ginny would like Harry again and something might happen?

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah... anyone think that Ginny would like Harry again and something might happen?
    I remember I posted somthing yestersay here,but I think that it was included as spamming thats why it was deleted. :confused: :mad: ...anyway what I said was no,a big no for jenny and harry,I guess jenny will be with neville in the end..I feel that jenny is likely to marry a pure blood,plus there is a chance she may join voldmort,after all he could control her in the past what would stop him now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I remember I posted somthing yestersay here,but I think that it was included as spamming thats why it was deleted. :confused: :mad: ...anyway what I said was no,a big no for jenny and harry,I guess jenny will be with neville in the end..I feel that jenny is likely to marry a pure blood,plus there is a chance she may join voldmort,after all he could control her in the past what would stop him now :rolleyes:
    I think Ginny and Neville would go together much better than Ginny and Harry. But I think she will end up with someone who has lots of money. *da da da* Draco!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.