Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    :eek: I'm not going to tell you what will happen in book six,because you wont know when it will be released and you'll miss it and we all will read it and know what happened and your the only one who wont have a clue :mad: ..propabvly I'm talking to my self but whatever
    You say that and he will sign up for that amazon email thing.

ReputationRep:
    JK has opened the secret door on her website again (see website thread for a full account of my struggle to get through the damn thing!!)

I'm gonna try not to give too much away so I'll try and be secretive!!

CHapter titles:
    Chapter 2 - Spinners End
    Chapter 6 - Draco's Detour
    Chapter 14 - Felix Felicis

There, was that secretive enough not to spoil things?!

I have my own theories on this, but I thing I'll save them until a few more people have had a chance to check it out for themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    She knows me and padfoot and xenon and sire and and and and...
    LOL

(Original post by Dude)
    As usual, ladyblitzer makes the newbies feel welcome here
    It somewhat became a routine to me

(Original post by yo-less)
    hi dudes....i have just joined.i see y'all are all deeply imersed in a very serious thought provoking discussion...fascinating.i might as well try and start one.who do u think harry will end up with and what d'u think the title of the sixth book means.are they reffering to voldemort?my friend had a theory but unfortunately my dim mind fails to recall it.
    And yo-less is no exception Welcome yo-less! If you have time to browse through the past pages, or the other threads, you'll see the different theories of the different people about the Half Blood Prince. And we would love to hear your friend's theory... hope you could remember it!

ReputationRep:
    You guys have to go on this site. It is really funny

www.potterpuppetpals.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    JK has opened the secret door on her website again (see website thread for a full account of my struggle to get through the damn thing!!)

I'm gonna try not to give too much away so I'll try and be secretive!!

CHapter titles:
    Chapter 2 - Spinners End
    Chapter 6 - Draco's Detour
    Chapter 14 - Felix Felicis

There, was that secretive enough not to spoil things?!

I have my own theories on this, but I thing I'll save them until a few more people have had a chance to check it out for themselves
    Very interesting. I wonder what they could mean.

ReputationRep:
    Chapter 6 seems extremely interesting. "...'s detour" Could that be ...'s choice?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the person from ch. 14 is the hbp. I doubt that '...'s choice' will be in book 6.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the person from ch. 14 is the hbp. I doubt that '...'s choice' will be in book 6.
    Maybe. The character sounds interesting and fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Chapter 6 seems extremely interesting. "...'s detour" Could that be ...'s choice?

It's "Draco's Detour"
    The other two chapters named were:

Chapter 2: Spinner's End

Chapter 14: Felix Felicis (which is Latin for "Fortunate" (felix) and "Good Luck/Happiness" (felicis).

See ditzyblonde's post above. Is there any paticular reason why everyone is refering to it as " . . . . 's Detour"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ignotus~Veritas)
    It's "Draco's Detour"
    The other two chapters named were:

Chapter 2: Spinner's End

Chapter 14: Felix Felicis (which is Latin for "Fortunate" (felix) and "Good Luck/Happiness" (felicis).

See ditzyblonde's post above. Is there any paticular reason why everyone is refering to it as " . . . . 's Detour"?
    It was so that those who wanted to figure it out for themselves wouldn't be spoiled.

ReputationRep:
    It's most likey going to be the person she descriped last time. The one that looks like a lion

ReputationRep:
    So it could be the hbp. You remember that lots of people said that the description was of the hbp.

ReputationRep:
    So it could be the hbp. You remember that lots of people said that the description was of the hbp.
    Even though I think it is, don't forget that he could be a random character. Everyone thought Mark Evans was going to be the HBP as well you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's most likey going to be the person she descriped last time. The one that looks like a lion
    That was my theory. Felix Felicis (or what ever it was) sounded quite feline, and the description she put up last time seems to fit.

Spinners End sounds like it might be a place. I'm not entirely sure where though. To be honest it could be anywhere!!

Not sure about Draco's Detour either. Chapter 6 would probably be about the time they head off to Hogwarts, so maybe he goes somewhere on the way to Hogwarts (I don't know, I'm just spouting nonsense!!)

ReputationRep:
    That was my theory. Felix Felicis (or what ever it was) sounded quite feline, and the description she put up last time seems to fit.

Spinners End sounds like it might be a place. I'm not entirely sure where though. To be honest it could be anywhere!!

Not sure about Draco's Detour either. Chapter 6 would probably be about the time they head off to Hogwarts, so maybe he goes somewhere on the way to Hogwarts (I don't know, I'm just spouting nonsense!!)
    I wonder if spinner's end has anything to do with really large spiders.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if spinner's end has anything to do with really large spiders.
    Hmm... reappearance of Aragog, you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Hmm... reappearance of Aragog, you think?
    Yeah, or some other freakishly large 8-legged freaks. Surely there are other nests of monster spiders in the magical world of Harry Potter.

ReputationRep:

No dount Chapter 6 will confirm peoples theorys on Draco becoming Good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    No dount Chapter 6 will confirm peoples theorys on Draco becoming Good.
    There is no good in draco. And if there is, it can't surface until book 7.

ReputationRep:
    There is no good in draco. And if there is, it can't surface until book 7.
    I know. I don't think Draco will ever become good, but this chapter will confirm it for some people.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.