Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    There is no good in draco. And if there is, it can't surface until book 7.
    I'm with you on this one, if theres any chance of Draco becoming 'good' it won't happen so early on, I mean, chapter 6, chances are they won't even be at school yet, I'm thinking they go some place, dunno where though,

Another thought thats just struck me, we already know that Harry has his shortest stay at the Dursley's yet, so maybe Spinners End is the place he escapes to. Have know idea where this might be though, I think the spider thing seems a bit cheesy and I can't think why they'd be going some place with giant spiders (and we already know that Aragon and his family are the only ones in the country)

My best guess is that some known character lives at Spinners End (for some random reason my gut feeling is it might be Draco's home, but theres no logic behind that thought at all!!)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'm with you on this one, if theres any chance of Draco becoming 'good' it won't happen so early on, I mean, chapter 6, chances are they won't even be at school yet, I'm thinking they go some place, dunno where though,

Another thought thats just struck me, we already know that Harry has his shortest stay at the Dursley's yet, so maybe Spinners End is the place he escapes to. Have know idea where this might be though, I think the spider thing seems a bit cheesy and I can't think why they'd be going some place with giant spiders (and we already know that Aragon and his family are the only ones in the country)

My best guess is that some known character lives at Spinners End (for some random reason my gut feeling is it might be Draco's home, but theres no logic behind that thought at all!!)
    Spinners End doesn't sound much like a mansion in Wiltshire (that's where the Malfoys are supposed to be located) but it does roll off the tongue like Godrics Hollow - perhaps it's where Harry's grandparents lived?

ReputationRep:
    Spinner's End makes me think of a spinster. Imagine erm... McGonagall (sp?) coming to the door - I imagine it a bit like Mrs Tiggywinkle's house in Beatrix Potter. But would McGonagall be so familiar with students? She IS a member of the OoTP isn't she? Hmmmm...
    Maybe Spinners End is where that witch who is supposed to look after Harry lives.
    It definitely suggests a spinster lady to me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Spinners End doesn't sound much like a mansion in Wiltshire (that's where the Malfoys are supposed to be located) but it does roll off the tongue like Godrics Hollow - perhaps it's where Harry's grandparents lived?
    Actually it wouldn't surprise me if that was the name of Draco's house. Malfoy seems spidery to me and I think all houses have been given a name by jkrowling.

ReputationRep:
    Actually it wouldn't surprise me if that was the name of Draco's house. Malfoy seems spidery to me and I think all houses have been given a name by jkrowling.
    It could be not related to spiders though...

(Moncal, who are you voting for? Or can you even vote?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    It could be not related to spiders though...

(Moncal, who are you voting for? Or can you even vote?)
    I'm only 16 (so I can't vote) but I would have voted for bush.

Very interesting. I wonder what they could mean.
    d'you think spinners end could be the death of someone.erm..i'm relating that to end.or it could possibly an ally.ok i dunno why i said that but it sounded to me like a shop/place or something...

ReputationRep:
    Actully I don't find the name of the chapters as important as a clue...actully when I read I bearly read the chapters name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    d'you think spinners end could be the death of someone.erm..i'm relating that to end.or it could possibly an ally.ok i dunno why i said that but it sounded to me like a shop/place or something...
    If it was someone's death, wouldn't it have an apostrophe in it? My guess is it's a place too.

ReputationRep:
    The place might not even be an evil place, or a place of a bad guy (though I reckon it could be). It could a a safehouse or something. :confused:

ReputationRep:

That seems to be the most logical idea. But I'm sure that Spinner is the name of a spider character in some book. It will come to me sooner or later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    That seems to be the most logical idea. But I'm sure that Spinner is the name of a spider character in some book. It will come to me sooner or later.
    But i don't think he needs to escape from the dursley(sp?)..I bet this time they would count everything they do specially that now harry has the power(tonk,and the others are covering his back* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    But i don't think he needs to escape from the dursley(sp?)..I bet this time they would count everything they do specially that now harry has the power(tonk,and the others are covering his back* :rolleyes:
    But don't forget that Harry now knows why he has to stay at the Dursleys. So that must make it more berable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    But don't forget that Harry now knows why he has to stay at the Dursleys. So that must make it more berable.
    Exactly..so I don't Think he will run away,maybe he is forced to leave.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    Exactly..so I don't Think he will run away,maybe he is forced to leave.. :rolleyes:
    Desbite knowing that living with the Dursleys is what is keeping him alive and safe from Voldemort, I think he would rather be with Ron and Hermionie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Desbite knowing that living with the Dursleys is what is keeping him alive and safe from Voldemort, I think he would rather be with Ron and Hermionie
    And knowing how stubborn Harry could get, I think he would run away even if he knows it's safer with the Dursleys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    It's possible. But we haven't met a person nicknamed spinner yet. And it's not jkr's style to introduce a new character then kill them halfway through the book. And she wouldn't make it so obvious that someone was goin to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Not if it endangered them.

New theory. Spinners end is a Order base. Similar to number 12 Grimwald Place.

ReputationRep:
    Not if it endangered them.

New theory. Spinners end is a Order base. Similar to number 12 Grimwald Place.
    Possible. Can't remember... was Grimwald Place discovered by the Death Eater's or something? Kreacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Possible. Can't remember... was Grimwald Place discovered by the Death Eater's or something? Kreacher?
    No, because Dumbledore was the Orders Secret Keeper, the location of the Order's Headquaters was not told to the Death Eaters.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.