Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    If in fact mundungus did not go into the hogs heade until he was following harry then I would have to say no, that wasnt him because he was thrown out 20 years ago and the prophecy was made 16 years ago.
    I know, but do we know that he didn't go into the pub in disguise once he'd been banned? Was the time he followed Harry the first time he'd been in since he was thrown out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I know, but do we know that he didn't go into the pub in disguise once he'd been banned? Was the time he followed Harry the first time he'd been in since he was thrown out?
    That, we definately dont know yet!! Im like you, im going nuts waiting for the next book, especially to see if any of our ideas are on target.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only posting on here so I can be a part of the longest thread ever. I hate the harry potter books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I'm only posting on here so I can be a part of the longest thread ever. I hate the harry potter books.
    Thats cheating!

ReputationRep:
    I hate the harry potter books.
    May I ask why out of curiousity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    May I ask why out of curiousity?
    Maybe hate is the wrong word, being an attractive emotion, I would say loathe, or detest.

Maybe that is to harsh, but I prefer adult fiction, I am currently reading 'Money' by Martin Amis.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe hate is the wrong word, being an attractive emotion, I would say loathe, or detest.

Maybe that is to harsh, but I prefer adult fiction, I am currently reading 'Money' by Martin Amis.
    So have you read all of them then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    So have you read all of them then?
    I can't win either way be answering this question if I say No 'How can you say they are awful...'

If I say Yes' you must like them then...'

I got about halfway through the latest book, before wondering why I was reading it and taking it to Oxfam.

ReputationRep:
    I can't win either way be answering this question if I say No 'How can you say they are awful...'

If I say Yes' you must like them then...'

I got about halfway through the latest book, before wondering why I was reading it and taking it to Oxfam.
    You are incorrect- If you'd said no I would have indeed questioned your ability to judge, if you'd said yes, I would have said fair enough.
    When you say you read half of the lastest- I assume you've read the ones previous to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    You are incorrect- If you'd said no I would have indeed questioned your ability to judge, if you'd said yes, I would have said fair enough.
    When you say you read half of the lastest- I assume you've read the ones previous to it?
    I've read 4.5761792 Harry Potter books.

ReputationRep:
    I've read 4.5761792 Harry Potter books.
    Fair enough...

Enjoy your 'adult' fiction...

ReputationRep:
    Thats a great point about Mark Evans. I could not have been a concidence, because JKR would obviously know she had used that name or was going to use that name. That Mark Evans must be related somehow to Harry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Fair enough...

Enjoy your 'adult' fiction...
    Yes enjoy your adult fiction :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Yes enjoy your adult fiction :rolleyes:
    sorry about no posts today..been very busy lately..lota readin to do but about egan's site...tat has to have become my second favorite site(after this of course)...it really is great..

CR

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so how about a new Harry Potter thread, don't remember what was being discussed when the last one was deleted tho, so why not start with someone thinking up a new name, I'd do it myself but I have no imagination!

New point to make tho, (and kind of refering to something said a while ago) What if Crookshanks was part Kneasle? (Yes, I know, I pinched the idea from that Harry Potter Facts site!) A Kneasle is small and catlike and has "the uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters" They can also inte4rbred with cats

ReputationRep:
    New point to make tho, (and kind of refering to something said a while ago) What if Crookshanks was part Kneasle? (Yes, I know, I pinched the idea from that Harry Potter Facts site!) A Kneasle is small and catlike and has "the uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters" They can also inte4rbred with cats
    Yes that's a good idea...but for what reason would we be told about it in the books?

---
    As for the new thread- shame about the old one- does anyone know what the most recent post said? I suppose it can be re-written by the poster.
    ---

ReputationRep:
    A Kneasle is small and catlike and has "the uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters" They can also inte4rbred with cats
    Is that from Fastastic Beasts? I haven't read it so wouldn't know.

ReputationRep:
    Yep its from the comic relief book, the whole entry says:

"Kneazle
    The Kneazle was originally bred in Britain, though it is now exported worldwide. A small cat-like creature with flecked, speckled or spotted fur, outsized ears and a tail like a lions, the Kneazle is intelligent, independent and occasionally aggressive, though if it takes a likeing to a witch or wizard, it makes an excellent pet. The Kneazle has an uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters and can be relied upon to guide its owner safely home if lost. Kneazles have up to eight kittens in a litter and can interbreed with cats. Licenses are required for ownership as Kneazles are sufficiently unusual in appearance to attract Muggle interest."

I'd sayfrom this definately a high chance that cat has some Kneazle blood in it.

ReputationRep:
    The Kneazle has an uncanny ability to detect unsavoury or suspicious characters
    We've seem that come up already

and can be relied upon to guide its owner safely home if lost.
    That could be interesting - some clue to a plot in a future book maybe, assuming crookishanks is partk knezel?

Kneazles have up to eight kittens in a litter and can interbreed with cats. Licenses are required for ownership as Kneazles are sufficiently unusual in appearance to attract Muggle interest."
    Not sure about the rest - is anything there useful?

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd put the whole thing in incase there was something I'd missed as noone else has the book at the minute.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.