Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    but now that voldie shares harry's blood harry is not preteed anymore ,..right??then there is no need that harry stays at the dursleys :confused:
    He isn't protected from voldie anymore, but he is protected from other evils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    He isn't protected from voldie anymore, but he is protected from other evils.
    You got that wrong Moncal, he is still protected from Voldemort when he is at the Dursleys, Voldemort can't go anywhere near harry when he is at his uncle and aunts house for the summer, he said in GoF a very old spell that is unbreakable. So Harry is protected as long as he stays at there house it's when he leaves that Voldemort can get him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    You got that wrong Moncal, he is still protected from Voldemort when he is at the Dursleys, Voldemort can't go anywhere near harry when he is at his uncle and aunts house for the summer, he said in GoF a very old spell that is unbreakable. So Harry is protected as long as he stays at there house it's when he leaves that Voldemort can get him.
    And I do remember in Book 5, the spell still applied, right?

ReputationRep:
    He is still protected for as long as he stays with petunia. Whichis why I reckon Voldie will try and get rid of that obstacle.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you guys might find this interesting - I found it on the fourm but it wasn't a post.

List of people who have posted on this thread who have posts 10 or more posts*
    in order of number of posts as of 19:18 on the 13th November.

Xenon - 1263
    Padfoot - 875
    Dude - 837
    ditzy blonde - 722
    Brooklyn - 642
    Moncal - 586
    Egan1 - 420
    ladyblitzer - 420
    Sire - 386
    pr1 - 323 (? don't ask me, its not a member.)
    parvati - 255
    curryADD - 233
    kcoverst - 233
    Magic101 - 183
    lotrobessed524 - 176
    CR3 - 170
    leroylina - 159
    kikas - 150
    lavender - 132
    Geogger - 129
    Prongs_TheGreat - 114
    Peter The Great - 107
    wiwarin_mir - 106
    eric bischoff - 88
    woody - 75
    habosh - 72
    poowpoow - 65
    lou p lou - 62
    Vivian - 61
    Shaft - 56
    loftx - 54
    Lord Huntroyde - 49
    Dracos_Goddess - 44
    Blush Babe - 43
    GK1 - 43
    shilling - 39
    Dychey - 39
    *Joanna* - 38
    Bhaal85 - 36
    _EMMA_ - 35
    elpaw - 33
    hpfan - 32
    a_musical_gal - 31 (including this post)
    Fleff - 29
    Ollie - 28
    viviki - 26
    Ringer4ever - 26
    Ohm Pot Cleaner - 25
    *Amy* - 24
    Helenia - 23
    Lokeo13 - 22
    choco_frog_chic - 22
    tessie - 21
    Honeyducks - 19
    debog - 18
    hotnanoo - 18
    Golz - 18
    timeofyourlife - 17
    LOTRSkicksbutt - 16
    AngieKins - 15
    Jaq - 15
    Julia O. - 14
    Verno - 14
    PR1 - 14 (this one is a member!)
    Blamps - 13
    BABOON - 13
    Ghost Walker - 13
    JSM - 13
    mc_watson87 - 12
    tweetsy85 - 11
    cleo812 - 11
    chats - 11
    samdavyson - 11
    Adhsur - 10
    p.singh - 10

* This reason I couldn't do a full list is because after this point, it goes insane. there are loads and loads of people who have posted 1 or 2 posts (the number is :eek: :eek: )

However we have to mention this one

d - 3

ReputationRep:
    Wow, its been a while since I've checked the post count.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what happened to brooklyn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    GoF was when Voldie didn't share Harry's blood. Granted that he is still protected by the spells that dumbledore cast on the dursely house, it still won't save him from voldie.

ReputationRep:
    Am still in the lead, but probably not for long, as Padfoot will catch up with me soon enough. Still, nice to have been the first to reach 1000 posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Does anyone know what happened to brooklyn?
    I haven't got a clue. Seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth, or at least the face of UKL/TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Am still in the lead, but probably not for long, as Padfoot will catch up with me soon enough. Still, nice to have been the first to reach 1000 posts.
    i dunno, i havent posted on here much lately. *Commits to post more*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He is still protected for as long as he stays with petunia. Whichis why I reckon Voldie will try and get rid of that obstacle.
    here is an interesting scenerio: we dunno what happened to lily's wand. Perhaps dumbledore gave it to petunia and taught he some spells to protect herself if anyone tried to harm them? We know muggles cant learn magic, but is it because they dont have wands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    here is an interesting scenerio: we dunno what happened to lily's wand. Perhaps dumbledore gave it to petunia and taught he some spells to protect herself if anyone tried to harm them? We know muggles cant learn magic, but is it because they dont have wands?
    No, I don't think it's because they don't have wands at all. Remember, the wands choose the people because they sense the magic inside the wizard/witch or something. A person can't choose the wand, which is just a tool to bring out the person's magic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    pr1 - 323 (? don't ask me, its not a member.)
    Not many people will remember him. He was there quite a lot in the early stages of the thread. He signed his posts as PR1. Can't remember if he was registered or not. In fact, he popped in a bit ago for a visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    No, I don't think it's because they don't have wands at all. Remember, the wands choose the people because they sense the magic inside the wizard/witch or something. A person can't choose the wand, which is just a tool to bring out the person's magic.
    *tries to save dying theory* maybe dumbledore modified it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I hadn't ever thought about what happened to their watches. Surely Dumbledore or Hagrid saved them. Unless they were destroyed when the house blew up.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its possible that Petunia has Lily's wand, but it is an interesting thought as to what happened to them. Its probably going to be another wild goose chase and theres nothing important about it, but it'd be nice if we found out what happened to them

Just found this on mugglenet, thought some of you guys might be interested!!

Adult fans: interview JKR and the Trio!
    In light of the enormous amount of responses they got from older fans regarding their previous "Time Turner" sweepstakes, Warner Bros. has provided a chance for one adult to interview J.K. Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. This contest is only open to people 18 years of age or older who currently reside in the USA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I don't think its possible that Petunia has Lily's wand, but it is an interesting thought as to what happened to them. Its probably going to be another wild goose chase and theres nothing important about it, but it'd be nice if we found out what happened to them

In light of the enormous amount of responses they got from older fans regarding their previous "Time Turner" sweepstakes, Warner Bros. has provided a chance for one adult to interview J.K. Rowling, Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. This contest is only open to people 18 years of age or older who currently reside in the USA
    That sucks. I'm only 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)

It also sucks that it is a USA comp.

Also a thing on the wands, don't you think we should be asking about Voldemorts wand and Sirius's wand. I know we've discussed it before, but lets bring it up again. How did Voldemort get his wand back after being little more than a ghost for 13 years? The Death Eaters can't have had it cos Voldemort murdered quite afew people with it before he met up with his othger followers. And what about Sirius's wand. How did he get his back after being locked up in prison?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Godric's Hollow was left undisturbed and voldie sent wormtail to get his wand. And we don't know that sirius's wand is the one that he had before he went to Azkaban.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.