Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Wandless magic is in the books though. i.e the magic Harry did before he went to Hogwarts and found out that he was a wizard.
    I meant that if she decides to expand on it, and allow it to come out properly in the open, so that Harry knows how to control his wandless magic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I meant that if she decides to expand on it, and allow it to come out properly in the open, so that Harry knows how to control his wandless magic...
    Theres an idea. Harry defeating Voldemort by using wandless magic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'm sure someone says 'accio wand' at some point which brought their wand to them (can't remember who or where or when though!! I may have made this up!!)
    I meant more like a wandless spell.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Have been meaning to come on for ages (...and ages!) and read up but I still haven't gotten round to it.

I can see my next long post being spread over a few pages worth!

Hope everyone is well. My mum pre-ordered PoA yestarday as I think it is being released tomorrow.
    There's also a sign up in the Maths corridor at my school that's part of a quiz talking about Hogwarts students lining up or something and I saw it today and though 'must post!'

Have there been any major revelations about the next book recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hello!

Have been meaning to come on for ages (...and ages!) and read up but I still haven't gotten round to it.

I can see my next long post being spread over a few pages worth!

Hope everyone is well. My mum pre-ordered PoA yestarday as I think it is being released tomorrow.
    There's also a sign up in the Maths corridor at my school that's part of a quiz talking about Hogwarts students lining up or something and I saw it today and though 'must post!'

Have there been any major revelations about the next book recently?
    The most resent thing is that JK has released the names of three chapters. They are around somewhere. Its something like

Chapter 2: Spinners End
    Chapter 7: Dracos Detour.

and I've forgottern the third one. It's Felix something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Theres an idea. Harry defeating Voldemort by using wandless magic.
    If Harry knows wandless magic, the chance that Voldie also knows wandless magic is really big. Maybe we'll see wandless action in the next books.

Welcome back Egan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The most resent thing is that JK has released the names of three chapters. They are around somewhere. Its something like

That's Chapter 14: Felix Felicis. checked the previous posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    If Harry knows wandless magic, the chance that Voldie also knows wandless magic is really big. Maybe we'll see wandless action in the next books.

Welcome back Egan!
    Thats true. Voldemorts knowage of magic is greater than that of Dumbledores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

Hmmm...interesting. Definately need to see what people have been theorising

Welcome back Egan!
    The whole wandless magic thing is really interesting, but I'm not sure whether it#'s something JK will get into. I like the idea though (remember discussing it- with the different levels of wizard etc- high level technique...*woffle*).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hmmm...interesting. Definately need to see what people have been theorising
    The only thing we've thought of is that Felix is the lion like character she described a while back, and that Spinners End is a place.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a thought. Knockturn alley is in CoS. Can ya'll see how the Hbp could have been in knockturn alley?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I've just had a thought. Knockturn alley is in CoS. Can ya'll see how the Hbp could have been in knockturn alley?
    Probably. We haven't really seen Knockturn alley that much... so maybe we would learn more about it in the next books.

Do you think that the HBP is a goodie or a baddie person?

ReputationRep:
    Now that is a thought. How could we forget about Knockturn Ally. Its a small detail, its in the movie when they could have missed it out. It could be the thing we overlooked.

ReputationRep:
    Probably. We haven't really seen Knockturn alley that much... so maybe we would learn more about it in the next books.

I've always assumed that he's a goodie, but we have no evidence to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Now that is a thought. How could we forget about Knockturn Ally. Its a small detail, its in the movie when they could have missed it out. It could be the thing we overlooked.
    Hmmmm, that's a good thought. Something so small and simple that it has often been overlooked. It could be the small important bit in COS. But what could be imortant about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmmm, that's a good thought. Something so small and simple that it has often been overlooked. It could be the small important bit in COS. But what could be imortant about it?
    There's so much dark magic stuff in Knockturn alley. Maybe it is an exact replica of Diagon alley only evil.

ReputationRep:
    There's so much dark magic stuff in Knockturn alley. Maybe it is an exact replica of Diagon alley only evil.
    Yeah... and who else could be lurking around that area? There might be death eaters there just waiting to pounce on Harry or anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    We really need to know more about what is in diagon alley. Surely it isn't just a few shops and a bank.

ReputationRep:
    Could knockturn alley be where the deatheaters meet or something, so the order can attack them or something?

ReputationRep:

Well, it could go either way. But at the moment most of the 'half-bloods' we know are good characters/on the side of good- so it'd be more of a contrast to have him be evil.

(Original post by Xenon)
    Could knockturn alley be where the deatheaters meet or something, so the order can attack them or something?
    It's possible, but it seems a risky place for so many fugitives to meet but then again, I suppose it's not hard to disapparate when necessary, and I can see some dodgy shop owners setting them up.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.