Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Could knockturn alley be where the deatheaters meet or something, so the order can attack them or something?
    The death eaters have to have a stronghold somewhere. So it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Random fact of the day:

J K Rowling used to live around the corner from me and also, her daughter was in the same class as my sister.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I guess its only logical that the death eaters would meet somewhere, I reckon it'd be somewhere similar to Grimmauld Place rather than Knockturn Alley though. Somewhere with lots of protection, they wouldn't want people finding them any more than the Order would. I'm thinking somewhere like Voldemort's fathers house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm, I guess its only logical that the death eaters would meet somewhere, I reckon it'd be somewhere similar to Grimmauld Place rather than Knockturn Alley though. Somewhere with lots of protection, they wouldn't want people finding them any more than the Order would. I'm thinking somewhere like Voldemort's fathers house.
    It would have to be somewhere with loads of protection otherwise anyone from the Order could find it. Unless they move about alot.

ReputationRep:
    i've just had an idea maybe it's stupid but I'll post it anyway!!
    I was thinking why everybody thinks black or white about the half blood prince,maybe he is m0re than that.
    maybe he is a person in between who has a good wizardy and a bad wizardy blood
    So that voldie and his death eaters wants him to join them while harry potter and the gang trying to protect him,so that he is a goody bady.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    We know he went there once. I wonder if it could be by the graveyard. That would make it the perfect place since that is where they meet.

Another thought, The Order knows where the deatheater base is, but the deatheaters don't know where the oreder base is. Assuming snape isn't playing double agent man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    i've just had an idea maybe it's stupid but I'll post it anyway!!
    I was thinking why everybody thinks black or white about the half blood prince,maybe he is m0re than that.
    maybe he is a person in between who has a good wizardy and a bad wizardy blood
    So that voldie and his death eaters wants him to join them while harry potter and the gang trying to protect him,so that he is a goody bady.:confused:
    It could happen, but it would be unoriginal of jkr. So many other authors have used it.

p.s. What does the K in JKR stand for? I'm told it is Katherine but does anyone know for sure?

ReputationRep:
    (not-related to current topic but) Just watched PoA and noticed something they'd done wrong (not a hint or anything- just a glitch in the technicality).
    Nothing really big, but when Peter transforms back into a rat he shrinks inside his clothes and they're left on the ground where he stood. His clothes should've shrunk and transformed with him (as when the animagus turn back into humans they're normally fully clothed ;P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    (not-related to current topic but) Just watched PoA and noticed something they'd done wrong (not a hint or anything- just a glitch in the technicality).
    Nothing really big, but when Peter transforms back into a rat he shrinks inside his clothes and they're left on the ground where he stood. His clothes should've shrunk and transformed with him (as when the animagus turn back into humans they're normally fully clothed ;P)
    Good job. I didn't even notice that when I saw it in theaters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    We know he went there once. I wonder if it could be by the graveyard. That would make it the perfect place since that is where they meet.
    As far as we know he's been there three times. The first time to murder his father, the second time to live in the house for about a week and the third time for him to be reborn.

ReputationRep:
    It could happen, but it would be unoriginal of jkr. So many other authors have used it.

p.s. What does the K in JKR stand for? I'm told it is Katherine but does anyone know for sure?
    thats why jk may put it on,because it's unoriginal from here plus she would love to surprise us and it appears that Hp fans are taking him either good or bad for granted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    As far as we know he's been there three times. The first time to murder his father, the second time to live in the house for about a week and the third time for him to be reborn.
    Do we know for sure that the house is by the graveyard?

ReputationRep:
    Do we know for sure that the house is by the graveyard?
    Maybe not right next to it, but Voldemort says something like "Do you see that house on the hill. My fatehr grew up in that house. My mother etc etc"

(Original post by Egan1)
    yeah,i noticed that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    In POA, they seem to have used a different set for Hogwarts. I mean, of course they would use different sets, but I couldn't remember that big swinging thing at the entrance or near the doors of Hogwarts. In PoA, they pass that big swinging thing almost all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The graveyard seems like a likely place where they would meet... dark, evil place, and with all of those happening, there's no doubt a fourth event may happen there. How did Harry get there in GoF anyway? Could the Order know where that place is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    In POA, they seem to have used a different set for Hogwarts. I mean, of course they would use different sets, but I couldn't remember that big swinging thing at the entrance or near the doors of Hogwarts. In PoA, they pass that big swinging thing almost all the time.
    Hagrid's hut is in a completely different place as well. I prefer the Hogwarts in PoA.edit: the big swining thing is the clock's pendulum - there was an emphasis on time throughout (perhaps to give us a clue abotu Hermione?)

Also, the cup of the triwizard tournament is a port key and trasnports Harry and Cedric to the graveyard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I agree. The sets had almost nothing in common. But this is to be expected with a new director. But why are they going to a new director for OOTP?

I agree. The sets had almost nothing in common. But this is to be expected with a new director. But why are they going to a new director for OOTP?
    bcos the dude with an unpronouncable name who directed POA said he was fed up and....ok well actually,he says it was really tiring and he deosnt think he has the energy to do another movie.or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    bcos the dude with an unpronouncable name who directed POA said he was fed up and....ok well actually,he says it was really tiring and he deosnt think he has the energy to do another movie.or something like that.
    Remember though that Steven Spielberg was orginally going to directer Philosophers/Sorcerers (I'll never know why they changed it) Stone, but he wanted to take it to America and have an American cast. Since JK said it should be British everything, he decieded to do AI instead.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.