Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    What about if he saw those things through his father's memory thing, so therefore he would remember it.
    Now theres an idea. What if it was James memory coming out of the pensive, not Snapes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Now theres an idea. What if it was James memory coming out of the pensive, not Snapes.
    Or maybe snape looked at a pensieve with James' memories in.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember Dumbledore saying something about the pensieve seeing it from one persons point of view, however, there are details in it that the person wouldn't have noticed at the time, but anything in the vicinity/line of sight would be included in the memory that is put into the pensieve. Or something like that, anyway...
    So even though Snape couldn't possibly have seem what James was writing on his paper, because it was in the vicinity, it was included in the memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Miss Saigon was about 94!!
    *grumble* I shall be eternally resentful about that!

ReputationRep:
    i still havnt watched the azkaban movie, and we were going to rent it out cos i really want to see what its like...is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i still havnt watched the azkaban movie, and we were going to rent it out cos i really want to see what its like...is it worth it?
    It's not that bad...*slaps self*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    It's not that bad...*slaps self*
    That's an understatement... It was horrible! Just kidding You watch it, neha, so you could see for yourself. It is really not entirely bad. I actually think that the HP movies improved one movie after the next... so with that thought it mind, expect that PoA was better than the 2 others.

(Original post by Fleff)
    I seem to remember Dumbledore saying something about the pensieve seeing it from one persons point of view, however, there are details in it that the person wouldn't have noticed at the time, but anything in the vicinity/line of sight would be included in the memory that is put into the pensieve. Or something like that, anyway...
    So even though Snape couldn't possibly have seem what James was writing on his paper, because it was in the vicinity, it was included in the memory.
    Aaahh... good explanation, thanks Fleff.

(Original post by yo-less)
    um i have a question.*braces self as she hears exasperated sighs.in the fifth book ..in the pensieve(sp?), the part with James bullying Snape and Lily watching was infact Snape's memory,shouldn't Harry have been seeing it from Snape's point of veiw??
    I don't think so. Remember, when Harry looked at Dumbledore's, he didn't see it from him point of view either.

ReputationRep:
    Over 11,000 posts everyone :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Heh, and over 12,000 in the overall HP forum.

---

I've been having mock exams all this week, and turned out my Spanish reading paper had a couple of bits about Harry Potter.

There was a set of questions based on an article about Harry Potter in Vietnam. It was saying (in Spanish) that the books were too expensive to buy so they have split them up into smaller 'pocket-sized' books so people can afford them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Oh yeah, I thought that was going to happen soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, I thought that was going to happen soon.

We should have our HP party then. "Opens the Butterbeer"

And you should alter your sig Xenon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    no,I'm not following the subject from the beganing but if what i get thatit's about the pensive harry foun in snapes office then no it's snapes because when snape went to some other place harry wanted to follow his father but instead he was forced to follow snape :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    no,I'm not following the subject from the beganing but if what i get thatit's about the pensive harry foun in snapes office then no it's snapes because when snape went to some other place harry wanted to follow his father but instead he was forced to follow snape :confused:
    He wanted to follow his father and his friends (i.e Sirius, Lupin and Wormtail), but he knew that he Snape went in a different direction then he wouldn't be able to. Luckey though, Snape followed his father outside and he was able to be with his dad.

ReputationRep:
    The point that others are trying to make is that Snape saw all the other stuff going on such as the James and Sirius stuff, but he didn't comprehend it. So he didn't remember it. So when he put it in the penseive, he could focus on the stuff he neglected to focus on in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't get it moncal

ReputationRep:
    I still don't get it moncal
    Look at a page in a book. Just looking at it you won't know everything on the page because you can't read it all. But if you could go back and look at that memory, then you could read the words off the page.

ReputationRep:
    oh I get it now,nice way of explaining

ReputationRep:
    One of the many Diagon Alley-esque shops in Cambridge. This is "Ede and Ravenscroft - Robemakers, Est. 1689" for those who can't quite see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    One of the many Diagon Alley-esque shops in Cambridge. This is "Ede and Ravenscroft - Robemakers, Est. 1689" for those who can't quite see.
    They made my graduation robes!!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll have some of that butterbber before it goes stale or something.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.