Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think I'll have some of that butterbber before it goes stale or something.
    ahhh! moi aussi! pass it xenon! i want a good long buzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think I'll have some of that butterbber before it goes stale or something.
    I'm sure that butterbeer has a spell that prevents staling. If not...*waves wand and mutters under breath*

Does texas chickadee=curryadd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    One of the many Diagon Alley-esque shops in Cambridge. This is "Ede and Ravenscroft - Robemakers, Est. 1689" for those who can't quite see.
    aaah, yes. diagon alley-ish indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I'm sure that butterbeer has a spell that prevents staling. If not...*waves wand and mutters under breath*

Does texas chickadee=curryadd?
    It's the same avatar. Is that you CurryADD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    *psst* check the ip's!

It's also texas chick and ester is from texas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    must be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    If you are CurryADD, tell us! and if you are not, tell us as well, hihihi.

ReputationRep:
    So, back to harry potter...

JKR has updated her site. She has put a lot of stuff on there. There's all kinds of interesting stuff in the FAQs. And it appears that the release date of HBP is going to be anounced in January, and the release date will be june or july.
    Also, I have a new hp website so check it out. www.secondwar.net. I am trying to update it with news as soon as possible after the news comes out.

ReputationRep:
    So, back to harry potter...

JKR has updated her site. She has put a lot of stuff on there. There's all kinds of interesting stuff in the FAQs. And it appears that the release date of HBP is going to be anounced in January, and the release date will be june or july.
    Also, I have a new hp website so check it out. www.secondwar.net. I am trying to update it with news as soon as possible after the news comes out.
    Yahoo, TSR's back

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone theorized that Spinner's End is going to be Hermione's place? Just read it from somewhere else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Has anyone theorized that Spinner's End is going to be Hermione's place? Just read it from somewhere else...
    I hadn't thought of that, but her family is muggle. Do people in the uk name their houses?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what Dumbledore did before he became principal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    does anyone know what Dumbledore did before he became principal?
    He was a teacher at hogwarts wasn't he? But I forgot which teacher he was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He was a teacher at hogwarts wasn't he? But I forgot which teacher he was.
    He was a transfiguration teacher when voldie was in school, but we don't know that he spent all the interim time at hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    So what are we thinking about the new additions to JKR's site?

How do the members of the Order communicate? She says we saw it before we even knew about the Order and I'm having a complete mental blank!!

The Lestranges didn't know about the prophecy and weren't sent to kill Neville, but they were definately sent to kill his parents. JKR doesn't want to say much more because it touches too closely on the prophecy and who knew about it. I'm sure we can formulate a few theories from this!!

She's also confirmed that Godric's Hollow is a village, wonder if anyone else lives (or lived) there.

ReputationRep:
    It would make sense that Siruis or lupin would have lived in Godric's Hollow.

I really can't think of any way that we have seen the order communicate without knowing they were doing it. Unless it was fawkes' feather, but we knew they were communicating.

ReputationRep:
    I remember how they cominuticate. Remember when Crouch met Harry and Grum in the grounds just after they discovered what the third task was going to be? Well when Harry came back with Dumbledore, Dumbledore used his wand to fire a silver like vapour into the air. And then Hagrid appeared (Hagird was in the orginal order). I thought it was Dumbledors Patronus at the time, but it may be the way they comunitcate.

ReputationRep:
    Very good dude, but we still know that they were communicating, even if we didn't know it was going to be important latter.

texas chickadee is ester.

ReputationRep:
    Very good dude, but we still know that they were communicating, even if we didn't know it was going to be important latter.

texas chickadee is ester.
    As I said, Hagrid did turn up very quickly afterwards and he was in the orginal order.

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't thought of that, but her family is muggle. Do people in the uk name their houses?
    Maybe. If it's not Hermione's, I still think it is a place.

(Original post by Dude)
    I remember how they cominuticate. Remember when Crouch met Harry and Grum in the grounds just after they discovered what the third task was going to be? Well when Harry came back with Dumbledore, Dumbledore used his wand to fire a silver like vapour into the air. And then Hagrid appeared (Hagird was in the orginal order). I thought it was Dumbledors Patronus at the time, but it may be the way they comunitcate.
    Cominuticate? LOL. Do you think that silvery vapour would find its way to get to the members of the Order? Hmm...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.