Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Heh- look what I've just found-

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...K&title=572404

If there are more descriptions like that then people are going to start coming to my site. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    oh, the new book. that title wasn't easy to guess. who do think is the half blood prince?
    maybe neville..i don't know.

btw did you know that somonne has written a parody of the harry potter books? it's called Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody "Barry Trotter and the Unnecessary Sequel" and Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse appearntly the same writer (Michael Gerber ) has written bored of the rings as well.
    yeah. they're not bad, but they can a little bit crude at times... (i've only read the first one... the shameless parody).

i've also read Bored of the Rings, and the Matewix (with Neo (complete with lisp) and Titty).

who are the half blood characters in the books? The only one I can remember at the moment is Seamus Finnigan...

ReputationRep:
    Hagrid is half blood and there could be people that we don't know are half blood.

ReputationRep:
    although presumably, Rowling would have laid the foundations by mentioning it at some point (like she had the clues about Mrs Figg being a squib)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    who are the half blood characters in the books? The only one I can remember at the moment is Seamus Finnigan...
    Hmmm, lets see, theres Hagrid, Dean Thomas, Harry (obviously but we know its not him), Tonks, I guess you could call Lupin half blood since he's a part human, I'm sure there must be more but they're the only ones I can think of. I should imagine quite a few minor characters are half blood as well, but we don't really know much about their parentage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    although presumably, Rowling would have laid the foundations by mentioning it at some point (like she had the clues about Mrs Figg being a squib)
    The thing is that that framework could have been part of the HBP plotline that she chopped out of CoS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    The thing is that that framework could have been part of the HBP plotline that she chopped out of CoS.
    Do we still think the small detail is Knockturn Ally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Its as likely as any of theother suggestions!! I guess in reality we'll just have to wait until the books released, it'll be quite interesting to re-read Chamber after though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I had completely forgotten about that. It still makes sense to me. There had to have been more that Harry saw in Knockturn alley. Well, should have seen.

ReputationRep:
    I had completely forgotten about that. It still makes sense to me. There had to have been more that Harry saw in Knockturn alley. Well, should have seen.
    I'm confused ... What?! :confused:

P.S. Thanks Padfoot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I'm confused ... What?! :confused:

P.S. Thanks Padfoot!
    It doesn't make sense that JKR would send Harry to Knockturn alley only to find out that malfoy was hiding stuff from the ministry. It would make sense that there was originally more that he did or saw while he was in knockturn alley.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make sense that JKR would send Harry to Knockturn alley only to find out that malfoy was hiding stuff from the ministry. It would make sense that there was originally more that he did or saw while he was in knockturn alley.
    Ahhhh! I see!
    I think I'll have to re-read that bit, I can't remember the details too well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I forgot about that detai;. Could be important. After all, it is a small detail, but there is so much more potential for more deatils and insight to that area, and those who hang around there.

ReputationRep:
    mm been a long time since I posted here,but mmm 16/ of july is along time sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo long well it'll keep me busy over the summer but it's soo long I wont manage to get it exactly on 16/july...

ReputationRep:
    It really really really sucks not having internet connection during Christmas break > Belated Merry Christmas to all and Advance Happy New Year! I am looking forward to July next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    It really really really sucks not having internet connection during Christmas break > Belated Merry Christmas to all and Advance Happy New Year! I am looking forward to July next year
    You too. Have a good holiday.

ReputationRep:
    What about the fact that he saw Hagrid down there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I keep forgetting these things... I really don't buy his story of getting flesh eating slug repellent. Surely that could be gotten elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I keep forgetting these things... I really don't buy his story of getting flesh eating slug repellent. Surely that could be gotten elsewhere.
    Thats what I mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What could've Hagrid been doing there? Getting more wierd animals, perhaps? Or investigating on something?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.