Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year everyone!!! May we all have a great year ahead of us Keep it safe, for people who're going to use fireworks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    What could've Hagrid been doing there? Getting more wierd animals, perhaps? Or investigating on something?
    He could have been doing all kinds of stuff. Maybe he was meeting someone.

ReputationRep:
    i have a feeling that both voldemort and harry die (even though idon't want harry 2 die)

jk has said that ther won't be a 8th book so if harry did survive we would all want 2 kno what happens 2 him after hogwarts wouldn't we?

ReputationRep:
    It's actually plausible that they do have to both die. See the prophesy is worded ambiguously. But JKR told us to wonder why Voldie didn't die the night he came for Harry. Maybe the answer is because Harry didn't die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    It's actually plausible that they do have to both die. See the prophesy is worded ambiguously. But JKR told us to wonder why Voldie didn't die the night he came for Harry. Maybe the answer is because Harry didn't die.
    I thought JKR finally said that Harry was going to survive?

(Original post by may-hu-na)
    jk has said that ther won't be a 8th book so if harry did survive we would all want 2 kno what happens 2 him after hogwarts wouldn't we?
    JK could always make an epilogue... That's what she'll probably do, tell what happened to everyone at the end of the 7th book

ReputationRep:

JK could always make an epilogue... That's what she'll probably do, tell what happened to everyone at the end of the 7th book
    I don't think she's purposefully admitted Harry will survive, but there have been a few slips which imply he will.

She's said in an interview that the last chapter of book 7 is an epilogue, explaining what happens to everyone. Thats how she's managed to write the last chapter, because its not part of the story of book 7. She said she wrote it to keep her focussed on the end.

ReputationRep:

No. She has only said that he will survive till book 7. Not that he will survive the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I don't think she's purposefully admitted Harry will survive, but there have been a few slips which imply he will.

She's said in an interview that the last chapter of book 7 is an epilogue, explaining what happens to everyone. Thats how she's managed to write the last chapter, because its not part of the story of book 7. She said she wrote it to keep her focussed on the end.
    Where do you reckon shes got it hidden? I'm betting its in a safe somewhere and only she and possibly her manager knows where it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Where do you reckon shes got it hidden? I'm betting its in a safe somewhere and only she and possibly her manager knows where it is.
    Somewhere we'll never get our greedy knowledge hungry mits on it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I'm not sure, because I don't think that the bond between the 2 was strong enough then. I mean, sure there was a small bond after the curse hit harry, but that bond got increased to a much greater extent after Voldie took some of Harry's blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm not sure, because I don't think that the bond between the 2 was strong enough then. I mean, sure there was a small bond after the curse hit harry, but that bond got increased to a much greater extent after Voldie took some of Harry's blood.
    I never picked up on that before. But it does make sense, his scar starts hurting much worse, and more often. Also, for the first time he sees himself as a part of L.V. and not as an outside spectator.

I cannot wait till the sixth book comes out! whats scary is, I am now growing faster than Harry! :eek:

oh well.

did anyone read on JK's site what she thought about the chocalate frogs? that was pretty cool, she thought the idea was brilliant.

AND I think I have figured out in the fifth book what the two snakes were doing. It answered Dumbledore's silent question about whether V. was truly possesing Harry, think about it. Harry tells Dumbledore that he saw from inside the head, and then Dumbledore asks the instrument, "but in essence divided?" which tells the reader that Harry in that moment was still a seperate person than Dumbledore.

that probably has already been brought up. but I thought I would say that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elf_429)
    I never picked up on that before. But it does make sense, his scar starts hurting much worse, and more often. Also, for the first time he sees himself as a part of L.V. and not as an outside spectator.

I cannot wait till the sixth book comes out! whats scary is, I am now growing faster than Harry! :eek:

oh well.

did anyone read on JK's site what she thought about the chocalate frogs? that was pretty cool, she thought the idea was brilliant.
    Hey, how come I'm not on you're list of outstanding members?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hey, how come I'm not on you're list of outstanding members?
    will do! :eek: I cannot believe I forgot you! how was your new year's?

and BTW...could you please please change me back to CurryADD?

ReputationRep:
    will do! :eek: I cannot believe I forgot you! how was your new year's?
    Thanks
    It wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, my little brother was ill, and am a bit gutted that my family hadn't decided to go watch the fireworks at london eye, cos they looked amazing. But me and lil bro did go watch toy story 2 on ice (made him feel better). And at night I had to study.
    What about u? How was your new years?

ReputationRep:
    it was awful. my brother got grounded so my dad turned our cable of in the kiddie room. so I couldn't watch anything but DVD's and somehow my brother ended up picking all the ones that we watched. and I couldn't go out, my parents are paranoid about teens and new years eve in the same sentence.

ReputationRep:
    it was awful. my brother got grounded so my dad turned our cable of in the kiddie room. so I couldn't watch anything but DVD's and somehow my brother ended up picking all the ones that we watched. and I couldn't go out, my parents are paranoid about teens and new years eve in the same sentence.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one who didn't go out in nw year's eve. My parents wouldn't like me going out then with friends and stuff.
    It's annoying when siblings get punished and t sometimes feels like u're getting punished too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Don't worry, you're not the only one who didn't go out in nw year's eve. My parents wouldn't like me going out then with friends and stuff.
    It's annoying when siblings get punished and t sometimes feels like u're getting punished too.
    tell me about it.

ReputationRep:
    aaaw... that's too bad. in the Philippines, people don't really spend their new year's eve outside. We usually sleep, then wake up at 12 midnight, light some firecrackers and eat bread, pasta, and hot chocolate

Did JK ever wrote how Harry and co. celebrated New Year's eve?

ReputationRep:
    no, which is strange. it is a big part of western civilization culture.

ReputationRep:
    aaaw... that's too bad. in the Philippines, people don't really spend their new year's eve outside. We usually sleep, then wake up at 12 midnight, light some firecrackers and eat bread, pasta, and hot chocolate

Did JK ever wrote how Harry and co. celebrated New Year's eve?
    Hmmm, the only 2 worldwide celebrations she really mentions are Christmas and Halloween. Maybe the wizarding world have their own new year or maybe they just don't really care. I dunno, but to be honest, there isn't much point of putting in another celebration, unless something big happens in it, or something important takes place. Christmas stuff at hogwarts I always enjoy, as often it's a bit of light hearted stuff in the middle of the story.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.