Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Isn't there a small refrence in CoS where she says that she couldn't fit it into her trunk because of all the Lockhart books.
    Yep, that one too, its when they're looking for a copy in the library to find out about the Chamber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Those were the books which were released by J K Rowling for comic relief. 2 sort of thin books. Are they only available in the UK? If so, you could always get them off amazon or something.
    Wow, I've got 1305 posts now on this thread. That's a bit freaky!
    Aaaah, so JK made them as well? It was released here as well, but now I can't find any, and that's too bad coz I can probably get them cheaper here than in amazon.

How do you know how many posts on this thread have you made? I wanna know too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Aaaah, so JK made them as well? It was released here as well, but now I can't find any, and that's too bad coz I can probably get them cheaper here than in amazon.

How do you know how many posts on this thread have you made? I wanna know too
    go back to the main page, and before you click on the thread, next to it is an amount of replies, click that and it gives a rundown of everyone who posted on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'd like to read it as well, but doesn't Herminone say somewhere that it has over 1000 pages?

EDIT: Just noticed. I have over 900 posts on this thread. MAN I AM BORED.
    Yes, she does. But I wouldn't mind. I could use a good thousand page read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    go back to the main page, and before you click on the thread, next to it is an amount of replies, click that and it gives a rundown of everyone who posted on here.
    So it currently stands thus (all members who have above 100 posts here)

Xenon 1305
    Dude 902
    PadFoot90 888
    ditzy blonde 769
    Moncal 661
    Brooklyn 642
    Egan1 500
    ladyblitzer 457
    Sire 386
    pr1 323
    parvati 255
    curryADD 238
    kcoverst 223
    Magic101 183
    lotrobsessed524 178
    CR3 170
    leroylina 159
    kikas 150
    lavender 132
    Geogger 129
    Prongs_TheGreat 114
    wiwarin_mir 108
    Peter The Great 107

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Yes, she does. But I wouldn't mind. I could use a good thousand page read.
    Same here. It would be different if it was a 1000 page revision book or something. But most of the book would be fascinating to read, and all new stuff for us muggles. Would be a great reference book too. Though if it was 1000 pages, I predict a price of about £50 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Same here. It would be different if it was a 1000 page revision book or something. But most of the book would be fascinating to read, and all new stuff for us muggles. Would be a great reference book too. Though if it was 1000 pages, I predict a price of about £50 or something.
    I'd still buy it though!! Obviously there'd be some points which were covered in the books (basically all the things Hermione mentions, like the Chamber of Secrets) but there must be loads of things we don't know!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'd still buy it though!! Obviously there'd be some points which were covered in the books (basically all the things Hermione mentions, like the Chamber of Secrets) but there must be loads of things we don't know!!
    Like how the founders came to create hogwarts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Like how the founders came to create hogwarts?
    I think that would be interesting and possibly important.

ReputationRep:
    1000 pages? bring it on :P:

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, I'm more than half way through the thread now!! Starting to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere!!

ReputationRep:
    I just had an interesting thought. Did snape graduate from hogwarts? We know that he went, but could he have gotten expelled? Wouldn't he have graduated about the time voldie rose to power?

ReputationRep:
    I just had an interesting thought. Did snape graduate from hogwarts? We know that he went, but could he have gotten expelled? Wouldn't he have graduated about the time voldie rose to power?
    You would have thought so. I can't really think of any reason why he wouldn't have.

I was about to say he must have because he's a teacher, but then realised Hagrid didn't graduate and e's a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    You would have thought so. I can't really think of any reason why he wouldn't have.

I was about to say he must have because he's a teacher, but then realised Hagrid didn't graduate and e's a teacher.
    I was thinking that maybe during his sixth or seventh year he left to follow voldie. Maybe because he came back DD allowed him to finish his studies.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking that maybe during his sixth or seventh year he left to follow voldie. Maybe because he came back DD allowed him to finish his studies.
    Its possible, but I always figured he left school before he got deeply into the dark arts, I mean, Voldemort could hardly be recruiting followers inside Hogwarts if he was as scared of Dumbledore as we've been lead to believe

ReputationRep:
    Its possible, but I always figured he left school before he got deeply into the dark arts, I mean, Voldemort could hardly be recruiting followers inside Hogwarts if he was as scared of Dumbledore as we've been lead to believe
    Somehow I imagine snape's parents were into the dark arts. And we know that he didn't exactly hang out with the good crowd.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Somehow I imagine snape's parents were into the dark arts. And we know that he didn't exactly hang out with the good crowd.
    There's a quote in OotP (in the bit where Sirius is talking to Harry about what Harry has seen in Snape's penseive)... where he says something like he (Snape) was always up to his eyes in the Dark Arts and James could never stand that.... haven't got my copy to hand. Snape was evidently well into the Dark Arts even at 16!

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, I'm more than half way through the thread now!! Starting to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere!!
    Good job and that IS actually getting somewhere.

I was also about to say that Snape should have graduated before becoming a teacher, but then again, there is Hagrid... but I dunno, their level of teaching is somewhat different, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    There's a quote in OotP (in the bit where Sirius is talking to Harry about what Harry has seen in Snape's penseive)... where he says something like he (Snape) was always up to his eyes in the Dark Arts and James could never stand that.... haven't got my copy to hand. Snape was evidently well into the Dark Arts even at 16!
    I believe you're right. Long time no see

Does anyone have a link to one of the HP timelines?

ReputationRep:
    I believe you're right. Long time no see

Does anyone have a link to one of the HP timelines?
    Here...
    http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timeline.html

Is that good?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.