Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    This is odd. HP: SS/PS is on Disney chanell. But Disney only shows Disney movies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Then why does Harry have a scar? The AK curse doesn't leave any physical mark...
    I'm not sure myself. All I can remember is Dumbledore saying the whole "that scar maeks an conection between you thing".

Man we need a new topic to discuss. GIVE US SOMETHING NEW JK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I don't know....oh god J.K ROWLING HURRY UP!! I NEED BOOK 6!!! HARRY POTTER AND THE ? MUST COME OUT SOON!!!
    I wrote that in 2003! Back when I was in my plain black pharse...it is very rare for you to find a non-colored post (green being the first of the color pharse) and I still feel the same, I am dying to read book six and god the wait has been huge. I pre-booked Book 6 today for a £9 with free p+p and I don't care if I have to wait an extra day after its released to get it because I have been waiting nearly 1 1/2 years already!

If the wait for book 7 is the same length....you may as well call the guys in white coats now.

ReputationRep:
    1. Sorceror's Stone- object
    2. Chamber of Secrets- object
    3. Prisoner of Azkaban- person
    4. Goblet of fire- object
    5. Order of the Phoenix- object
    6. According to this pattern the title must be about a person.
    7. Something dealing with an object.
    Well done. This is my go at book seven -

1. Sorceror's Stone- object (physical)
    2. Chamber of Secrets- object (place)
    4. Goblet of fire- object (physical)
    5. Order of the Phoenix- object (place/organiznation)

Going by the pattern,

7. Something dealing with an object. (physical)

the objects in 1. and 4. are smallish, one is a gem the other a cup so I believe this will be the case for book seven. Also, these objects have been rare and magically in orgin so this might be the case. Also there have been getting bigger in size, not by a great deal but gem ---> cup so maybe this is another possiblity.

I also have the feeling that the O.O.P headquarters may have some revelance after all, there was a lot of dark magic stuff there so maybe Harry will discover something there.
    But on the other hand, I think that Victor Krum still has a part to play and may possible discover something or return for the final battle as he was a pretty dam powerful wizard in 4 and that is why he was mentioned in book 5 as well as Fleur.

ReputationRep:

Well done. This is my go at book seven -

1. Sorceror's Stone- object (physical)
    2. Chamber of Secrets- object (place)
    4. Goblet of fire- object (physical)
    5. Order of the Phoenix- object (place/organiznation)

Going by the pattern,

7. Something dealing with an object. (physical)

the objects in 1. and 4. are smallish, one is a gem the other a cup so I believe this will be the case for book seven. Also, these objects have been rare and magically in orgin so this might be the case. Also there have been getting bigger in size, not by a great deal but gem ---> cup so maybe this is another possiblity.

I also have the feeling that the O.O.P headquarters may have some revelance after all, there was a lot of dark magic stuff there so maybe Harry will discover something there.
    But on the other hand, I think that Victor Krum still has a part to play and may possible discover something or return for the final battle as he was a pretty dam powerful wizard in 4 and that is why he was mentioned in book 5 as well as Fleur.
    I think that the chapter of 7 will be some kind of artifact. Like a shield, or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    gah! there has been NOTHING to talk about since the release of the release date of book 6...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    gah! there has been NOTHING to talk about since the release of the release date of book 6...
    I agree. We've been rereading the books again and again and again, hoping to see something "significant" that we did not notice the first time and the other times we read them. Although of course it works... we get something to talk about once in a while, but ack...

Book 6 better be worth the wait. Why can't they release em earlier?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I agree. We've been rereading the books again and again and again, hoping to see something "significant" that we did not notice the first time and the other times we read them. Although of course it works... we get something to talk about once in a while, but ack...

Book 6 better be worth the wait. Why can't they release em earlier?!?
    Simply because they have to publish so many copies. I've finally pre-ordered mine. I might get the free poster again this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Simply because they have to publish so many copies. I've finally pre-ordered mine. I might get the free poster again this year
    I vote they just make enough copies to let everyone on this thread read it. Then they can make the rest of the copies.

ReputationRep:

I wrote that in 2003! Back when I was in my plain black pharse...it is very rare for you to find a non-colored post (green being the first of the color pharse) and I still feel the same, I am dying to read book six and god the wait has been huge. I pre-booked Book 6 today for a £9 with free p+p and I don't care if I have to wait an extra day after its released to get it because I have been waiting nearly 1 1/2 years already!

If the wait for book 7 is the same length....you may as well call the guys in white coats now.
    Where did you prebook the book from so cheap? I want to get it from there too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Amazon. There was a gitch in their system for about an hour where anyone could get it for £9 then I ordered some other stuff which made it free p+p!

ReputationRep:
    Just a small bit of news. The director of OoP has been annoused. Its David Yates and the film is expected to be out in Jan 2006. Taken from Newsround

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4189793.stm

ReputationRep:
    It looks like the book's going to end up around 650 to 700 pages long, although it's still being edited atm. The US version's 700ish and the UK versions's generally a little shorter due to there being no pictures.

ReputationRep:
    How many pages did OOTP have? 800?

ReputationRep:
    JKR has a new baby girl! And HBP will have 672 pages and there will be a "Deluxe" version that has 30 pages of the illistrations.

ReputationRep:
    The 672 is the US version I believe, so there'll probably be a few less in the UK version due to smaller print and no pictures.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiousty, how come most American books have pictures in them, yet those that are printed in the UK don't?

ReputationRep:
    JKR has a new baby girl! And HBP will have 672 pages and there will be a "Deluxe" version that has 30 pages of the illistrations.
    Ooooh... I think I'd get that "deluxe" version Might as well get that if it comes out here since i'm having my parents to get me the book as a birthday present

Are they going to get the same cast for OotP? I mean, sure, it's going to be a lot different with a different cast, but then again... aren't they gonna look too old for their parts? Before those movies get released, they're gonna grow. Look at the 3rd movie. They looked like 5th years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    When you prebook, is the prebooking fee deducted from the price of the book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Are they going to get the same cast for OotP? I mean, sure, it's going to be a lot different with a different cast, but then again... aren't they gonna look too old for their parts? Before those movies get released, they're gonna grow. Look at the 3rd movie. They looked like 5th years.
    I don't think theres any word yet on wether the orginal cast has signed on. I'm willing to bet though that there is only afew acters that will stay through all of the films and one of them will be the kid who plays Neville Longbottom.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.