Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    When you prebook, is the prebooking fee deducted from the price of the book?
    I think so, but it might depend on where you get it from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Just out of curiousty, how come most American books have pictures in them, yet those that are printed in the UK don't?
    Probably because it's a different company. The US books are printed by Scholastics. Scholastics is strictly a children's book company, so it makes sense that they would be slightly illustrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I don't think theres any word yet on wether the orginal cast has signed on. I'm willing to bet though that there is only afew acters that will stay through all of the films and one of them will be the kid who plays Neville Longbottom.
    I miss the old dumbledore The third movie could've been better if he was still playing the part...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I miss the old dumbledore The third movie could've been better if he was still playing the part...
    I agree. The old Dumbledore was exacilty how I pictured him. This dumbledore is too "hip" as it were.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, mugglenet are reporting that theres no Mrs Weasley in GOF. Since there are no Dursleys either I'm guessing the film will start at the world cup (which Mrs Weasley doesn't go to in the film) and then go pretty much straight to school, with them just talking about Moody being attacked then.

So glad to be back, my internets been down for days!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I agree. The old Dumbledore was exacilty how I pictured him. This dumbledore is too "hip" as it were.
    The old Dumbledore actor was old and looked wise, and had a presence about him. The new one doesn't.
    Just wondering, the movies had better put Charlie and Bill Weasley in the movies. I always thought that they might be pretty good looking, and Bill, I guess sort of rock stylish.
    Congrats to J K on her new baby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I much prefer the new Dumbledore, he has that sense of playfulness that Dumbeldore has in the books (the room with all the potties in rings a bell ).

ReputationRep:
    Only got another 200 pages left to read, I'm getting there, infact I'm almost glad of the lull in posts, lots of opportunity to catch up on the very old posts!!

I was having a thought, how did Lucius get hold of Riddle's diary in the first place? Was it given to him by Voldemort for use at a later date or did he acquire it from somewhere else, possibly Knockturn Alley?

ReputationRep:
    I have been wondering since I reread O.O.P that Harry could possible move into his own home soon like Sirus. I am sure I have read something about why he has to remain his aunt and uncle but I don't get it.
    Would be cool if Harry got his own place though!

(Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I have been wondering since I reread O.O.P that Harry could possible move into his own home soon like Sirus. I am sure I have read something about why he has to remain his aunt and uncle but I don't get it.
    Would be cool if Harry got his own place though!
    he can't move out cos as long as he's living with aunt petunia and co. he has protection against voldy...er,something about his mum sacrificing herself for him.argh,i cant remember.
    but it would be cool if he had his own house.and since he's kinda rich he could...have a flying ferrari! ok,thats a bit stupid but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    he can't move out cos as long as he's living with aunt petunia and co. he has protection against voldy...er,something about his mum sacrificing herself for him.argh,i cant remember.
    but it would be cool if he had his own house.and since he's kinda rich he could...have a flying ferrari! ok,thats a bit stupid but still
    yeah, that is true. his mum died for him and petunia is her sister and therefore she can protect him.

voldy?! :confused: :cool: is that his real nickname or something you just made up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Only got another 200 pages left to read, I'm getting there, infact I'm almost glad of the lull in posts, lots of opportunity to catch up on the very old posts!!

I was having a thought, how did Lucius get hold of Riddle's diary in the first place? Was it given to him by Voldemort for use at a later date or did he acquire it from somewhere else, possibly Knockturn Alley?

lucius was and still is i think one of voldemorts supporter/follower and he got it after voldemort 'died' i think. but i don't think that lucius knew how the diary worked cause if he did surely he would have used it himself? as i remeber it he was just trying to get rid of all that stuff so he wouldn't be reported.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    [/B]

lucius was and still is i think one of voldemorts supporter/follower and he got it after voldemort 'died' i think. but i don't think that lucius knew how the diary worked cause if he did surely he would have used it himself? as i remeber it he was just trying to get rid of all that stuff so he wouldn't be reported.
    I got that far, I was mainly wondering if Voldemort gave him the diary with instructions to use it at a later date, or whether he stole it.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen a countdown to the release date of HBP anywhere. So I added one to my HP site if anyone is interested.

ReputationRep:
    Note to self, don't try and read poats when drunk, its hard work!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Note to self, don't try and read poats when drunk, its hard work!!
    And I'm sure you miss a bunch of posts too.

ReputationRep:
    [/B]

I think that Voldemort gave it to him in case something went wrong with his plans. That way, he could still be brought back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    And I'm sure you miss a bunch of posts too.
    Grrr, gonna have to go back and reread another 100 posts, stupid drunkness making me thing it was a good idea. :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    [/B]

or, more likely, get the Weasleys into trouble!

ReputationRep:
    I have this page open as well as the summary, since I was "missing" from this thread for quite some time (1 1/2 years) I am just going to make some comments which might get us out of our lull just because I have just reread all 5 books and I am bursting at the seams!

Ron’s gay
    RIGHT! There is gotta to be something between him and Herm because its been hinted in the books and now the films (shake hands not hug in 2, hold hands in 3rd - also in 3rd note that Herm wraps her arms around Harry when buckbeak is "killed" then Ron put his arm around her!!!!!)

Harry will turn against Dumbledore, hinted at the start of ’Phoenix’
    This was actually posted by me and I stand by that but having reread 5, I would add that this could be all linked with the not-showing-more-than-a-pupil-teacher-relationship. Harry will reasile this and then say sorry for the damage he caused to Dumbledore's Office.

Harry will become an Animagus
    One Word - Stag

Harry gets a new wand so he and Voldemort can duel properly
    Again me but I believe this "new" wand could be either his mother's or father's. I reckon Harry asks to visit the site of the house where his parents dies. It is a complete wreck but Magical folk have protected the site from Muggles in memory of the Potters and of Harry Potter. While he walked around he finds a wand which he takes to the guy who remembers very wand he sells and he'll state it belonged to whoever and Harry will keep it.

There will be a greater use for the joke shop
    Basement have a special fireplace which is linked to the HQ of Phoenix only because they discover it is unsafe for them to go throught the front door and Mrs W is fed up of the mother's protrait screaming when the doorbell rings.

Tonks could be anyone
    I reckon Tonks in someone pretty important but because of Voldemort reason had to go undercover - maybe a relation but a good one!

Percy redeems himself by saving a family member but dies in the process
    Good. Mean Git

Prefects Who Gained Power (book 2)
    Percy gives this to Ron as a birthday present and Ron reads something about Tom Riddle which is useful except Percy didn't know because he doesn't know the link. Ginny and her parent's kept that bit secret to hide shame!

Lily’s long RED hair will be of significance
    Where does it say she has red hair WHERE WHERE!!!!!!!

Nagini is the Boa Constrictor Harry set loose in PS
    Nagini = girl Boa Constrictor = boy (I think)

[b] Lily secretly loved Tom Riddle [Tom would have been about 30 years older than Lily]
    Lily loves older men....what's the problem? lol nah can't be true.

Harry has a Godmother somewhere
    McGonnagall maybe...I am sure I read somewhere she said she wasn't a parent so couldn't sign the form but if she was his Godmother she could have but chose not to because of Black.

Ron is actually quite a good seer.
    Nah I reckon this is Harry - Hippogriff in 3rd. Ron said he couldn't see a thing

Sirius was in Slytherin
    Couldn't have been...why would he have been friend's with James?

Draco has a sibling
    Darla Malfoy!!!!! Come On Darla Malfoy!!! Turns out to be in Ravenclaw and has a huge crush on Ron but goes out with Neville!

The Deatheaters will use the Chamber of Secrets as their HQ
    Question is the chamber on the map anywhere? does Harry add it???

Dumbledore IS Godric Gryffindor
    God he's old

Someone will get ‘splinched’ taking their apparition test
    Herm - she hates flying because she can't learn it out of a book so same here!

Kingsley Shacklebolt for Minister of Magic
    Only ones I see it being is Arthur, Percy, Dumbledore, McGonnagall, Lupin. Thoughts?

Harry will use the time turner to meet his parents
    Harry would be then stuck in that time zone wouldn't he age? Possiblely he could go back in his 7th year after exams and results. His scafice is that he hides in a bush, uses the killing curse on Voldy before the death of his parents who spot Harry when they come to see what is going on. Dumbledore gives Harry truth potion to make sure he tells the truth about his claims to the Potters, makes him DADA teacher and Dumbledore becomes Minster. Oh and his scar is gone and he gets to teach his younger self later in life. The End.

Harry is distantly related to the Weasley’s through Molly’s second cousin, the accountant
    Tonks is supposely the daughter of Ted Tonks, the accountant who is related to Molly...mentioned in 5th so he would have to be related to Tonks and then of course Sirus.

I give up! There is just toooooo much to post about!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.