The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Evans thing can't be a coincidence... JKR just doesn't do them- everything has a reason.

I don't like Fudge, I want him to leave and be replaced with someone nice- he just seems such a typical politician, smarmy and pathetic and urghh....

lou xxx
Reply 1121
ditzy blonde
Is Fudge with Dumbledore now everyone knows Voldemorts back?
Hmmm...I don't know...he might be back in the 'humble bumble' manner as he was before he was so negative, or he might still be 'anti-Dumbledore'- not openly- but try and make sure he knows what's going on with everything...making sure he is in charge...

Hmmm...I haven't explained this very well...
Reply 1122
Egan1
Hmmm...I don't know...he might be back in the 'humble bumble' manner as he was before he was so negative, or he might still be 'anti-Dumbledore'- not openly- but try and make sure he knows what's going on with everything...making sure he is in charge...

Hmmm...I haven't explained this very well...

Think I know what you mean tho. Maybe forced to work together to fight the greater evil but mot liking it very much, and still keeping a paranoid watch on whats being taught and whats going on at Hopgwarts
Reply 1123
Unregistered
This is just my opionon,but i think we should clsoe all other imatation threads so we can all concentrate on this one.

sorry this was from me :wink:

Wonder if we will ever find out what happened to kacorff(sp?)
Reply 1124
mabey....................
EVERYBODY dies
then there are no more rules about who killes who
Reply 1125
flo
mabey....................
EVERYBODY dies
then there are no more rules about who killes who

Rules :confused:
Reply 1126
SiriusFan

Hmmm....i think we will find out what happened to him. J.K. Rowling wouldn't leave that question unanswered. I personally think that he will be killed. Didn't Voldemort say that the one who ran away from him would pay or be killed. It was something along those lines.
Reply 1127
Magic101
Didn't Voldemort say that the one who ran away from him would pay or be killed. It was something along those lines.
I think it was something along the lines of 'There are two missing...one has run from me, he will pay...the other I believe has turned traitor, and is in league with Dumbledore, he will be killed' - that's a very rough version of what he said...sort of...

---

I daresay we will be seeing Karkaroff (ignor my sp) again...atleast through one of Harry's dream things...

-That led me to wondering about the other schools- will there be more communication etc? And surely Krum will have finished school now- he's already got a job as quidditch person (so wont be coming to work in England like Fleur?)- but I should think we'll be seeing him again...along with some jelous behavior from Ron perhaps...

Hmmm...so many characters and questions- and only 2 books left!
Reply 1128
I found a couple of things interesting. They are as follows:
-Remember in the beginning of book 5 when the dementors come and Harry drops his wand and he mutters lumos and the wand lights up when he wasn't even touching it? Well, i think this will play a big part in the next books.
-Also, when Harry is taking his History exam and he is looking at Parvati's back he wishes that he knew Legimacy (sp?) to find out one of the answers. He sits there for a couple of seconds and then the answer comes to him. I don't think he just remembered the answer. I think he can do Legimacy naturally without a wand.

What do you guys think??
Reply 1129
Magic101
-Remember in the beginning of book 5 when the dementors come and Harry drops his wand and he mutters lumos and the wand lights up when he wasn't even touching it? Well, i think this will play a big part in the next books.
-Also, when Harry is taking his History exam and he is looking at Parvati's back he wishes that he knew Legimacy (sp?) to find out one of the answers. He sits there for a couple of seconds and then the answer comes to him. I don't think he just remembered the answer. I think he can do Legimacy naturally without a wand.

What do you guys think??

That would be probable, especially since he has some of voldes power. It would definately come in handy for him.
Reply 1130
SiriusFan

I agree on concentrating on this one!
Reply 1131
*pulls out hair in massive lumps* Bl**dy ruddy crappy computer sh*te! (is that enough editing mods? you'll have to excuse me...I'm slightly frustrated.)...I just spent quite a long time compiling a post for this thread after having looked up various things...I was just about to post it when my machine just cut out...*throws various items at her brother (this problems only arisen since he fiddled damn his eyes!)*...
Appologies- I am a little annoyed as I say...
Anyway- I suppose I'll have to repeat what I wrote as well as I can...*sigh*

---
Magic101

What do you guys think??
Right- where was I? Oh yes...
I was saying- I had thought along similar lines (possibly after reading a similar suggestion to your own...) and having just read over the first 100 odd pages of book 5 had made a mental note to remember something of similar occurance...however...I er...may have forgotten...anyway- as I say it was of similar substance to those things above...
Anyway- Harry obviously has some 'hidden' powers perhaps...but I was wondering if in the Harry Potter-magic world they had different...breeds of wizards as it were- I mean...in other fantasy books etc- there are different names, and types of wizards that have different levels/types/styles of power...I don't know if these different standard magic-users exist in JKs books...possibly not...but they do have witches, wizards, sorcerers etc so who knows- perhaps Harry is some 'rare' breed of magician (?!)...
Anyway- I was trying to look up general definitions (although I suppose it varies through authors and books) of different magic users and found the following- they're actually from a game (site) I believe but they're probably similar to the 'well known' descriptions of their types...*blabbers a bit*...
Anyway- you don't have to read them...and they might have absolutely nothing to do with the HP-world but I'll post them anyway as they might be of interest to some of you...
The info was in a chart -so I got rid of the sections that seemed to relate more to the game...
"
Abjurer A wizard who specializes in protective magics
Conjurer A wizard who specializes in creating creatures and objects to assist him
Diviner A wizard who specializes in detection and divining magics
Enchanter A wizard who specializes in manipulating the minds of sentient beings
Illusionist A wizard who specializes in creating illusions to confuse and mislead
Invoker A wizard who specializes in manipulating energy, such as Fireballs and Lightning Bolts
Necromancer A wizard who specializes in magic dealing with death
Transmuter (Alteration) A wizard who specializes in magic that alters physical reality
"
The following two definitions were mixed up with the game bits- but if you ignore the pieces talking about schools and stuff it should still be understandable (?)...the one for mage I think is sort of focused on the game...

"
MAGES
Mages have powerful spells and when unspecialized, can cast them from any school. Mages can simultaneously memorize a specific number of spells per day, depending upon level. The prime requisite for mages is intelligence with the minimum being 9.
SORCERERS
Sorcerers are practitioners of magic who were born with the innate ability to cast spells. It is thought that the blood of some powerful creature flows through their veins; perhaps they are the spawn of the gods themselves, or even dragons walking in humanoid form. Regardless, the sorcerer's magic is intuitive rather than logical. They know fewer spells than wizards, and acquire spells more slowly, by they can cast spells more often and have no need to select and prepare spells ahead of time. Sorcerers cannot specialize in magic the way wizards to. other than these differences, a sorcerer is very similar to the wizard. Note: A sorcerer does not learn spells from scrolls. He chooses new spells with each level. A sorcerer's prime requisite is intelligence and they use the mage avatar.
"

Perhaps some better definitions of the above two (appologies for going on but...well...you don't have to read if you don't want...just skip this long and possibly highly dull post...)
Actually- just pasted that and realised it would make this thread an unreasonable length (if it isn't already)- the second site seems to have some quite interesting differing definitions of magic-users (perhaps I should have just used that in the first place *sigh*) so I'll just give you the link and you can look if you so wish...

http://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd=threadview&id=38123
Read the first answer posted if you so wish...

The first site was http://goffederation.tripod.com/gof/academy/wizard.htm if anyone is particularly interested...

Anyway- enough...I must stop going on...sorry for slightly diverting the topic...*looks sheepish*

Enjoy!

Egan

*realises everyone left along time ago*...
Reply 1132
Just had a quick scan through the google- question/answer page-

These definitions of a sorcerer could both apply to Harry me thinks (?!)...

"
Sorcerer: Factual, non gender specific (ie. sorceress is incorrect)
“A sorcerer is a being (of any race--not just human) that has the
knowledge, or possesses an innate talent, that allows him/her to draw
upon the magical energies generated by themselves, their environment,
or the ability to channel the magic flow of another, to accomplish any
number of tasks. Any individual can become a sorcerer, provided he/she
has the drive to undergo the training, and can take the strains of
channelling magical energy.”

Sorcerer: Fantasy
“A sorcerer is a natural spellcaster who gains the ability to use
magic without formal study. Unlike a wizard a sorcerer does not have
to spend hours in study to leam to cast magic they get this ability
with rest and reflection. But the path of a sorcerer is not perfect.”
"

Anyway- there I go again...

Just spouting off ideas for you to munch on :smile:

(Poor Xenon...she'll come back to be confronted by my bumblings)
Reply 1133
Egan1
Just had a quick scan through the google- question/answer page-

These definitions of a sorcerer could both apply to Harry me thinks (?!)...

"
Sorcerer: Factual, non gender specific (ie. sorceress is incorrect)
“A sorcerer is a being (of any race--not just human) that has the
knowledge, or possesses an innate talent, that allows him/her to draw
upon the magical energies generated by themselves, their environment,
or the ability to channel the magic flow of another, to accomplish any
number of tasks. Any individual can become a sorcerer, provided he/she
has the drive to undergo the training, and can take the strains of
channelling magical energy.”

Sorcerer: Fantasy
“A sorcerer is a natural spellcaster who gains the ability to use
magic without formal study. Unlike a wizard a sorcerer does not have
to spend hours in study to leam to cast magic they get this ability
with rest and reflection. But the path of a sorcerer is not perfect.”
"

Anyway- there I go again...

Just spouting off ideas for you to munch on :smile:

(Poor Xenon...she'll come back to be confronted by my bumblings)

lol
who thinks snape will die?? I am still convinced snape is a death eater, thus explainig y volde has not killed him
Reply 1134
SiriusFan
lol
who thinks snape will die?? I am still convinced snape is a death eater, thus explainig y volde has not killed him
*chuckles*...I loved how your response to my entire 2 quite substantial (atleast in combined length) posts was ...'lol'...glad I got you thinking! *chucklely sigh*...ah well...

As for the snape thing- you could be right- but then again- think back to book 4- when Voldemort has risen again and is giving that speech about where the 'missing' deatheaters are...he get's to the final two spaces and as I said above...says something along the lines of '...one has fleed, he will pay...the other I believe has turned traitor, and is in league with Dumbledore, he will be killed' (that's a very rough version of what he said)...now I think the assumption there is that the first person he spoke of was Karkaroff...and the second snape- two people we knew were deatheaters and the ones who were not mentioned before as he went round the circle of them...of course here we could be mistaking the situation (?) and getting the characters muddled but his descriptions seem to fit the characters already assumed by what we know at that point, and what we are told later on...and Voldemort had no need to lie, or put on a show in front of Harry- because he was intending to kill him- so he wouldn't...unless Snape really is evil and just showed up later and somehow proved he was a baddy (?- in which case- when and how?!)...and there's also the point of how Snape originally convinced Dumbledore he had turned to the good- that's something we've got to know more about- Dumbledore has thusfar been very shady about shairing his dealings with Snape...
Reply 1135
This thread was at the bottom of page 2!! we must not let it die.
Reply 1136
Lord Huntroyde
This thread was at the bottom of page 2!! we must not let it die.
Indeed...but there's only point in posting if people are going to make proper discussion...rather than for the sake of it...
I think I have put people off with my 'magic-users' post...*sigh*

---

How long do we think it'll take for the Deatheaters to break out of Azkaban?
Reply 1137
Egan1
Indeed...but there's only point in posting if people are going to make proper discussion...rather than for the sake of it...
I think I have put people off with my 'magic-users' post...*sigh*

I've been reading it - but cant really think of anything to add.

There is one thing I've noticed and seen on another site somewhere - that is: is snape a vampire?

The evidience is as follows: Wears black, Sallow/pale face, Often described as bat like, Lupin set one class work on vampires after Snape set the essay on warewolves.

Ok so we know he goes out in the sun etc - but could it be a possibility?

PS has this been discussed before - I haven't read the entire thread.
Reply 1138
loftx

Nope...am pretty sure it's an original idea...

Hmmm...I don't know if that's very likely but you never know *juggles garlic ponderingly*
Have we had vampires mentioned in HP before?

-actually no- we obviously have! Silly me...
loftx
I've been reading it - but cant really think of anything to add.

There is one thing I've noticed and seen on another site somewhere - that is: is snape a vampire?

The evidience is as follows: Wears black, Sallow/pale face, Often described as bat like, Lupin set one class work on vampires after Snape set the essay on warewolves.

Ok so we know he goes out in the sun etc - but could it be a possibility?

that's quite a weird idea- i guess it could be possible though- he could know a potion that stops the sun affected him... but wouldn't other people know?- it was Snape who told slytherin that Lupin was a werewolf- would he take the risk if Lupin was able to spill the beans on him? (Lupin would be able to tell). Interserting idea though...

I still don't get why Snape changed sides (i think he has despite people's arguments that he's still evil- i trust Dumbledore's judgement). Has anymore any ideas? I have tonnes, but all equally unlinkely.

lou xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending