Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    The covers have been released and they look interesting. Also the editor reveals stuff that we already knew, such as new MoM and that snape may or may not be the HBP.

ReputationRep:
    Half Blood Prince covers!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4329457.stm

The adult version has a picture of the book 'Advanced Potions Making' and that is blatanly the Pensieve on the front of the American version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Half Blood Prince covers!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4329457.stm

The adult version has a picture of the book 'Advanced Potions Making' and that is blatanly the Pensieve on the front of the American version.

It doesn't really look like I would think a pensieve does. It looks like it was joined to the stand.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...Dumbledore's left-handed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Hmm...Dumbledore's left-handed?
    Interesting, but not neccessarily. The cover is just an artistic creation by the artist. It would just look better with him holding his wand in the opposite hand to harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    It doesn't really look like I would think a pensieve does. It looks like it was joined to the stand.
    What else could it be though?

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I saw Newsround, my first though was "we've FINALLY got something to discuss". The cover is the best one by far, and it would seem that Dumbledore is creating a wall of fire to protect both Harry and himself.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm going to use and abuse my sub privileges, so here we have the Adult cover

ReputationRep:
    And the US cover:

(Thanks to Newsround for the pics)

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm going to use and abuse my sub privileges, so here we have the Adult cover

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/7513/hbpadult8fh.jpg
    How is that abusing your sub privileges?

I'm going to quote Newsround and say "It looks like Harry gets to spend two more years learning Potions from Snape. I wonder who else will be joining him (Properly alot of Ravenclaws since they are suppose to be smart)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    How is that abusing your sub privileges?

I'm going to quote Newsround and say "It looks like Harry gets to spend two more years learning Potions from Snape. I wonder who else will be joining him (Properly alot of Ravenclaws since they are suppose to be smart)
    It isn't abusing them at all, it just rhymed!!

Whose to say he'll be learning potions from Snape anyway, it just looks like he's learning Potions, it possible that there'll be another Potions teacher

ReputationRep:
    It isn't abusing them at all, it just rhymed!!

Whose to say he'll be learning potions from Snape anyway, it just looks like he's learning Potions, it possible that there'll be another Potions teacher
    It is possibly I suppose. But would JK really take away Harrys hateful lessons with Snape in Potions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It is possibly I suppose. But would JK really take away Harrys hateful lessons with Snape in Potions.
    Why not? It'd explain how Harry even gets on to the advanced potions course because he never performed that well in class and Snape said he'd only take people with top grades. It would also leave the door open for Snape to become DADA teacher and really prove himself to Dumbledore. Don't be so closed minded!!

ReputationRep:
    Harry would be able to get to the advanced potions class because McGonnagal will probably help him out there. Will be interesting to see how. The cover looks pretty cool. I like the UK one best-seems exciting and happening. It's the best of the 3. The US version doesn't say much and the adult one is dull, but I guess it tells us that Harry will still be taking potions. Seems like Dumbledore and Harry will make up then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Harry would be able to get to the advanced potions class because McGonnagal will probably help him out there. Will be interesting to see how. The cover looks pretty cool. I like the UK one best-seems exciting and happening. It's the best of the 3. The US version doesn't say much and the adult one is dull, but I guess it tells us that Harry will still be taking potions. Seems like Dumbledore and Harry will make up then.
    Well they have to don't they. They can't go through the rest of the series with Harry being pissed off with Dumbledore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    the adult one is dull, but I guess it tells us that Harry will still be taking potions.
    I personally prefer the adult ones, especially PS's cover with the train which I think is wonderfully quirky.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing that the adult cover containing the potions making book won't just be to tell us that Harry will be taking Potions next year. Perhaps potion making or a potion will be pretty important in HBP.

um,deos anyone think its possible that harry or hermy(whoever) is using that book to make a potion that they personally need.like they made the polyjuice potion in the 2nd book?

another one of my useless theories.

(Original post by Dude)
    taking potions away would be weird cos then he'll probably hate Snape less.and his hate for snape is a pretty important part in the book.

also,if he wants to be an auror,he needs to do potions.hmm,i wonder if JKR is taking into mind what he'll be doing after school and writing accordingly.she probably is,i guess.

ReputationRep:
    Harry has to have potions, at least until we find out Snape's background.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.