Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Wow... amazing covers I like the one with the fire and Dumbly holding a wand too That version has more amazing covers, I think. What I have are the Scholastic books, with the not so exciting covers.

Harry probably does not hate potions. He may just be thinking how sucky it is to have a professor that hates you, so how would you genuinely like a subject where in you know you could not get a good mark just because your teacher doesn't like you?

ReputationRep:
    Just a sudden thought... do we know if the new character will be the new DADA teacher? What if he'd be a new Potions teacher, and Dumbly finally gives the DADA position to Snape?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Wow... amazing covers I like the one with the fire and Dumbly holding a wand too That version has more amazing covers, I think. What I have are the Scholastic books, with the not so exciting covers.

Harry probably does not hate potions. He may just be thinking how sucky it is to have a professor that hates you, so how would you genuinely like a subject where in you know you could not get a good mark just because your teacher doesn't like you?
    Yer, I agree. Didn't he say that he thought he did pretty welll in the pratical exam of the O.W.L's since he didn't have Snape breathing down his neck (same for Neville Longbottom)

ReputationRep:
    WOAH... haven't visited this thread in about 3 months! Still going strong i see well done.

Anyway intriguing to see the 3 book covers... i agree that the UK version is by far the best, but I have to say that it would seem that Dumbledore is key to them, apart from the one with the potions book... could that mean Dumbledore is the half-blook prince? Probably not. Does anyone know who it is yet?

I do not agree that Dumbledore is protecting Him and Harry with a wall of fire... it does not fit, as how can fire protect you from magic? He looks afraid, and the only thing that has ever scared Dumbledore was something threatening Harry... so I can only see this being Voldemort, I doubt anyone else could face him.

I was wondering if you have discussed the guy at the Hogs head? The Bar man? I mean it probably has come up already... but just in case! If you read the first DA meeting at the Hogs Head, I think it gives a subtle hint about the Barman. :confused: Maybe he is the half-blood prince? Sorry to be accusing every obscure character of being the half-blood prince but im really want to know who.

And just this little bit of news to close with ... http://www.countingdown.com/movies/2626792

ReputationRep:
    The bar man is Dumbledore's brother Aberforth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    The bar man is Dumbledore's brother Aberforth.
    It has been comfirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Am not sure that Aberforth could be the HBP. I dunno, it just doesn't seem so. I can't remember, is neville half-blooded?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone on this thread managed to disprove Snape as being the HBP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Has anyone on this thread managed to disprove Snape as being the HBP?
    I think that Snape was brought up a while ago, and he was put down as a possibility, after our Mark Evans theory was put down by J K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Am not sure that Aberforth could be the HBP. I dunno, it just doesn't seem so. I can't remember, is neville half-blooded?
    It's not very likely IMO that Aberforth is the HBP. Because that would make Dumbledore a prince as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that Snape was brought up a while ago, and he was put down as a possibility, after our Mark Evans theory was put down by J K.
    JK said that the character (snape) has a lot of character development left and being that we're getting close to the end it would be a perfect opportunity to throw in a plot twist.

Can't really imagine snape as a 'prince' though. Me thinks JKR would choose a more 'appealing' character to base a book on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Neville is pure blood, comfirmed in two places. First in CoS where the other Gryffindor lads tell Neville isn't likey to be attacked as he is pure blood. And inOoP where Dumbledore says to Harry "and notice this Harry, he chose not the purest blood, which according to his credd is the only kind of blood worth knowing. But a half blood like himself"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    JK said that the character (snape) has a lot of character development left and being that we're getting close to the end it would be a perfect opportunity to throw in a plot twist.

Can't really imagine snape as a 'prince' though. Me thinks JKR would choose a more 'appealing' character to base a book on.
    Hasn't it been comfirmed that the HBP is this new character called Felix that looks like a lion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Hasn't it been comfirmed that the HBP is this new character called Felix that looks like a lion?
    I don't think that it has been confirmed. I think Felix was introduced as a new character in the little anecdote (sp?) which J K gave out, and there was speculation that he might be the hbp, but I don't think that there was any confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't think that it has been confirmed. I think Felix was introduced as a new character in the little anecdote (sp?) which J K gave out, and there was speculation that he might be the hbp, but I don't think that there was any confirmation.
    I was thinking that, but I checked out mugglenet (the facts about HBP section) and they say its been comfirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I was thinking that, but I checked out mugglenet (the facts about HBP section) and they say its been comfirmed.
    I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. Why don't you email mugglenet and ask where it was confirmed at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Its not even been confirmed that this Felix guy is the one in the description, everyone has just assumed he is. Whats to say that Felix is even a person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Its not even been confirmed that this Felix guy is the one in the description, everyone has just assumed he is. Whats to say that Felix is even a person?
    Fair point I suppose. Its just that the description says that he looks like a lion, and there was that show "Felix ther Cat".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It has been comfirmed.
    It was obvious anyway though!

ReputationRep:
    but who is this felix? where can i find it in mugglenet? can anyone tell me?
    i am totally unaware of whats going on in the hp world.. i had my exams and couldnt do anything... i still hve 2 exams more.. and then 4 months holiday!!
    I can get fully immersed in the hp world!! i finished my school and will be going to college! yay!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.