Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    It was obvious anyway though!
    No it's not. There are plenty of other characters that could be the hbp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Like Snape!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Its not even been confirmed that this Felix guy is the one in the description, everyone has just assumed he is. Whats to say that Felix is even a person?
    I was thinking the same thing i mean, i really can't imagine a person looking like a lion, you know.

Just like to bring this up again... Is Felix the only new character in the 6th book? If not, do you think that one of the other characters will be the new DADA professor? Or will Dumbly finally give the position to Snape and the new character as potions teacher?

ReputationRep:
    if snape gets the dada post.. the school is gonna go bonkers..
    lol.. i just cant imagine snape being a dada prof.. he is cute with his potions post..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Like Snape!
    I don't think it will be Snape because I'm sure he's pure blood (was in Slytherin, is head of Slytherin house, hates muggleborns etc). But then again, we aint to sure that it relates to that kind of blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I don't think it will be Snape because I'm sure he's pure blood (was in Slytherin, is head of Slytherin house, hates muggleborns etc). But then again, we aint to sure that it relates to that kind of blood.
    I don't think Snape's parentage has ever been mentioned fully. He may well end up being the new DADA teacher though (if not the half blood prince) because he said he would only take pupils with really good OWLs in his advanced Potions class - and presumably he's going to be teaching Harry again.

ReputationRep:
    No not that, i was responding to the fact that aberforth was the barman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    if snape gets the dada post.. the school is gonna go bonkers..
    lol.. i just cant imagine snape being a dada prof.. he is cute with his potions post..
    I think the cover (British adult) tells us that Snape will stay with potions.

ReputationRep:
    yeah.. i guess u r right.. he will be the potions master..

and do u guys remember the memory harry sees (snapes) during the occlumency lessons? a boy is crying and 2 pl r fighting

and someone is flying and a girl is laughing? i guess we will come to know more abt that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I don't think Snape's parentage has ever been mentioned fully.
    You're right, it hasn't. But the Sorting Hat said that Slytherin only took the Purest Blood into his house (with the exception of Tom Riddle, but you can't really keep the Heir off Slytherin out of his own house can you), and Snape was in Slytherin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    You're right, it hasn't. But the Sorting Hat said that Slytherin only took the Purest Blood into his house (with the exception of Tom Riddle, but you can't really keep the Heir off Slytherin out of his own house can you), and Snape was in Slytherin.
    The sorting hat doesn't seem to care about blood. Afterall, Harry is not pureblooded and it tried to put him in Slytherin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    What if Voldemort is the half-blood prince? Heir of Slytherin....half blood? And are there any claims that voldemort had any decendants?

ReputationRep:
    The sorting hat doesn't seem to care about blood. Afterall, Harry is not pureblooded and it tried to put him in Slytherin.
    Thats because Voldemort put abit of himself in Harry when he attacked him as baby. The Sorting Hat then senced the Slytherin power within him.

(Original post by Shaft)
    What if Voldemort is the half-blood prince? Heir of Slytherin....half blood? And are there any claims that voldemort had any decendants?
    JK has already comfirmed that the HBP isn't Harry/Voldemort or Tom Riddle. And as also comfirmed that Voldemort hasn't had any children (because then he wouldn't be the "Last Remaining Heir" of Slytherin).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    (Original post by Mugglenet)
    Other Info: On August 16th, the door on JKR's site opened giving us the following excerpt of book 6, which describes the Half-Blood Prince:

(He) looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.
    Doesnt sound like Voldemort

THats from mugglenet by the way

ReputationRep:
    I want to know why it is that Mugglenet assumes that that quote describes the HBP. I read it on JKR's site. It didn't say anywhere that it was about the HBP.

ReputationRep:
    I think the cover (British adult) tells us that Snape will stay with potions.
    Is that the one with the Potions book? Well... maybe not... I mean, the 6th book is the Half Blood Prince, and the cover should be related to the title. So, I was thinking... it's either Snape, being the current Potions professor, is the HBP... or someone's going to be a new Potions teacher, and he's the HBP. Or I could always be wrong

ReputationRep:
    I want to know why it is that Mugglenet assumes that that quote describes the HBP. I read it on JKR's site. It didn't say anywhere that it was about the HBP.
    Did it not? Sorry, I missed it on the site.

If not, who could it describe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mugglenet)
    Other Info: On August 16th, the door on JKR's site opened giving us the following excerpt of book 6, which describes the Half-Blood Prince:

(He) looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.
    Hmm.. yeh doesn't sound like voldemort :rolleyes: but i do think the description is of a human, but the half-blood prince sounds like its key to the remaining plot, and I wouldn't have thought JKR would introduce such an important character towards the end of the series...(?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Hmm.. yeh doesn't sound like voldemort :rolleyes: but i do think the description is of a human, but the half-blood prince sounds like its key to the remaining plot, and I wouldn't have thought JKR would introduce such an important character towards the end of the series...(?)

it can be godric right? or i cant picture anyone else in that description...

ReputationRep:
    hey guys...

just today i was reading the fourth book..and in the first page it is written that 3 riddles die.. and who r they? if toms father left her mom how can they be together? and is the third person tom? but if, how come?
    and FRANK BRYCE says the policemen, that he sees no one near the hose after the death except a boy, a stranger, with a pale face.. so who cud that boy be??

just noticed that.. i must hve read the book for umpteenth time , but i just noticed that :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.