Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh, J K said that she'll be taking a little break before starting book 7. How long do you reckon she'll take, and what do you reckon will that book come out then?
    At least she's done with this one. I vote we worry about that once we've read book 6. She does deserve a break after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    At least she's done with this one. I vote we worry about that once we've read book 6. She does deserve a break after all.
    True!
    :top: Thumbs up to J K for finishing book 6!

ReputationRep:
    JK has updated her site. The FAQ has got some interesting questions/answers in it (the poll still remains the same though).

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, interesting about Professor Flitwick-he's got some goblin blood in him.
    Godric's Hollow is a village!

ReputationRep:
    I think that the harry will not die in the 7th book because J.K Rowling add three more years to the series.""Auror traning takes a futher three years" sayes Mc gonagal in the 5th book, chapter 29

so in the last book i think that the Dumbledore will die and harry and Voldermort wtll kill them selves up

ReputationRep:
    I think I have a new topic for us. Well its old, but it is something to discuss.

I was reading one of the interveiws given to JK on mugglenet last night, and she was asked "If you could travel to Hogwarts for an hour, what would you do there?". She replied "Go straight into a certain room, mentioned in book four, which has certain magical properties Harry hasn't discovered yet!"

Which room is she talking about? I don't think its Dumbledores office because he went into it in CoS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think I have a new topic for us. Well its old, but it is something to discuss.

I was reading one of the interveiws given to JK on mugglenet last night, and she was asked "If you could travel to Hogwarts for an hour, what would you do there?". She replied "Go straight into a certain room, mentioned in book four, which has certain magical properties Harry hasn't discovered yet!"

Which room is she talking about? I don't think its Dumbledores office because he went into it in CoS.
    When was this interview? Was it before OotP? I have a feeling I've read this one and it was before book 5 and she's referring to the Room of Requirement. It was mentioned in book 4 by Dumbledore at the Yule ball when he said about the room full of chamber pots that he discovered in the middle of the night once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    When was this interview? Was it before OotP? I have a feeling I've read this one and it was before book 5 and she's referring to the Room of Requirement. It was mentioned in book 4 by Dumbledore at the Yule ball when he said about the room full of chamber pots that he discovered in the middle of the night once
    She said this after book 5 I believe. I think it was fairly recent, within the last year.

ReputationRep:
    This is the interveiw in question and in comination with the date of it and the fact that one of the questions is "when will book 5 be released". Its safe to assume that it is after GoF.

http://www.mugglenet.com/books/bbcchat1.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    This is the interveiw in question and in comination with the date of it and the fact that one of the questions is "when will book 5 be released". Its safe to assume that it is after GoF.

http://www.mugglenet.com/books/bbcchat1.shtml
    Exactly, so the room in question is quite likely to be the Room of Requirement, which at the time of the interview we knew very little about

ReputationRep:
    So why will it be important.

Perhaps its Gryffindors chamber of secrets (calm down, its just a theory)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)

It's not neccessarily anything of importance any more. JKR just said she would like to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)

Its BEEN important, thats my point, the interview took place before OotP was released so at the time we didn't know about the Room of Requirement. Also, JKR just said its the place in HOgwarts she'd like to spend time, and it would DEFINATELY be fun to spend time there!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Its BEEN important, thats my point, the interview took place before OotP was released so at the time we didn't know about the Room of Requirement. Also, JKR just said its the place in HOgwarts she'd like to spend time, and it would DEFINATELY be fun to spend time there!!
    But hasn't JK said that the room may play another role in future books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I think she has actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I haven't seen anything where she said it, but I would bet on it none the less.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, yeah.. she must hve been talking abat the RoR. r there anyother rooms mentioned? i cant rememebr now, i hve no energy to.

and , what do u reckon the 7h book's name will be? oh, i dont want to the books to end, u know. wish she wrote abt the marauders more.. like " seven years at hogwarts with the marauders" wow, it wud be so cool..

and, do anyone here in this forum, go to opera chat room? just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Hmmm, well I reckon the DA or something like that will continue, because it will be of great help to Dumbledore. Probably won't be in secret though. Could there be auror training (in secret) happening for Harry in there?
    Btw, what's the best pre-ordering HBP deal people have got? The most common I've seen is "Buy for £9.99 with £1 deposit".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm, well I reckon the DA or something like that will continue, because it will be of great help to Dumbledore. Probably won't be in secret though. Could there be auror training (in secret) happening for Harry in there?
    Btw, what's the best pre-ordering HBP deal people have got? The most common I've seen is "Buy for £9.99 with £1 deposit".
    I think its the same at Waterstones, but you get a voucher book with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    hmm, yeah.. she must hve been talking abat the RoR. r there anyother rooms mentioned? i cant rememebr now, i hve no energy to.

and , what do u reckon the 7h book's name will be? oh, i dont want to the books to end, u know. wish she wrote abt the marauders more.. like " seven years at hogwarts with the marauders" wow, it wud be so cool..

and, do anyone here in this forum, go to opera chat room? just curious
    I really hope that the title of book 7 has something to do with The Second War. Then my site will get tons of activity.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.