Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm, well I reckon the DA or something like that will continue, because it will be of great help to Dumbledore. Probably won't be in secret though. Could there be auror training (in secret) happening for Harry in there?
    Btw, what's the best pre-ordering HBP deal people have got? The most common I've seen is "Buy for £9.99 with £1 deposit".
    Well when OoP came out, it was the same as that one at WH Smiths. Only I got a free mug and poster of the book as well for free (the poster wasn't on offer, but they were just giving them away and I was one of the luckey ones).

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I would point out that as of now, Robbi Coltrane (Hagrid) is saying that he might not do the next movies. It seems to me like he probably won't do the next few movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Just thought I would point out that as of now, Robbi Coltrane (Hagrid) is saying that he might not do the next movies. It seems to me like he probably won't do the next few movies.
    Thats a shame. He is one of the few actors that suits his characters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    He was personally picked by JK wasn't he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I agree. Too bad he would rather do scottish theater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    That's too bad Yes, he definitely is one of the people who fits the character. I can't imagine other people doing the part. And personally, when I read the books, they're kind of there in my mind already when I try to imagine the scene.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know why he's decided that?

I hope the bookshops do the midnight opening thing again. That was entertaining. I've just realised, if they do, that'll be the night I get back from helping out at a Year 7 Camp, so I'll probably be reading it half-asleep! But I'm very glad they're releasing it in the summer, rather than during exam-time.

And speaking of exams, I've now changed my Spanish Oral presentation (from Boris Johnson) to talk about JK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Do you know why he's decided that?

I hope the bookshops do the midnight opening thing again. That was entertaining. I've just realised, if they do, that'll be the night I get back from helping out at a Year 7 Camp, so I'll probably be reading it half-asleep! But I'm very glad they're releasing it in the summer, rather than during exam-time.

And speaking of exams, I've now changed my Spanish Oral presentation (from Boris Johnson) to talk about JK.
    Nice!

From everything I've heard, all the book stores are doing the midnight release.

Just a sec, I'll go find the interview for you.

ReputationRep:
    The Herald
    Sunday Times

SS is on Disney channel again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    He was personally picked by JK wasn't he?
    Yeah, I heard that. She was asked if she had any casting ideas, and she said Coltrane for Hagrid almost immediately.

He's perfect, in my opinion. The only other actor I was as happy with was Maggie Smith for McGonagall...I thought she was great.

ReputationRep:
    There's a few I wasn't sure about, but Coltrane, Smith, Rickman and most of all Richard Harris were perfect. While reading, I imagine Dumbledore exactly as Richard Harris especially the scene in his office at the end of OOTP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    There's a few I wasn't sure about, but Coltrane, Smith, Rickman and most of all Richard Harris were perfect. While reading, I imagine Dumbledore exactly as Richard Harris especially the scene in his office at the end of OOTP.
    Richard Harris was the perfect Dumbledore. The new one (forgot his name) doesn't act like an old man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Richard Harris was the perfect Dumbledore. The new one (forgot his name) doesn't act like an old man.
    But they can hardly bring Richard Harris back so deal with it!!

My housemate really annoyed me with this one, she said they shouldn't have changed him!! Like Richard Harris could make films from beyond the grave!!

ReputationRep:
    I know we can't get Harris back (unfortunately), but I wish Michael Gambon would act the part more like the Dumbledore in the book. I was so annoyed with it in PoA. Dumbledore may be slightly eccentric, but he's not so forgetful as to thump a student on their broken leg. Mind you, how much of that was down to the director?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    But they can hardly bring Richard Harris back so deal with it!!

My housemate really annoyed me with this one, she said they shouldn't have changed him!! Like Richard Harris could make films from beyond the grave!!
    Your flat mate didn't know that Harris died? I'm just saying that its a shame he coiuldn't have had a chance to make the third movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Your flat mate didn't know that Harris died? I'm just saying that its a shame he coiuldn't have had a chance to make the third movie.
    No, she knew he was dead, she was just being irritating!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    No, she knew he was dead, she was just being irritating!!
    Well that is just stupid. We don't have the technology to raise the dead yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well that is just stupid. We don't have the technology to raise the dead yet.
    I wish we did. Richard Harris was so much better.

Ditzy Blonde, are you still cataloging this thread or did you lose interest in it?

ReputationRep:
    We can't lose Coltrane as well. He was perfect for the part, and brought a lot for his character and was believable. I hope he does stay for the sake of the movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    We can't lose Coltrane as well. He was perfect for the part, and brought a lot for his character and was believable. I hope he does stay for the sake of the movies.
    I think he's just sick of messing with it and having to be stuck with the series instead of doing other movies that he would like to.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.