Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I've been reading it - but cant really think of anything to add.

There is one thing I've noticed and seen on another site somewhere - that is: is snape a vampire?

The evidience is as follows: Wears black, Sallow/pale face, Often described as bat like, Lupin set one class work on vampires after Snape set the essay on warewolves.

Ok so we know he goes out in the sun etc - but could it be a possibility?

PS has this been discussed before - I haven't read the entire thread.
    Cunning, maybe theres a potion like the one Lupin takes that would allow a vampire out in the sun

ReputationRep:
    Oops, wrote my post beofre reading the last one. Why hasn't Dumbledore told them about Snape, I know they probably have no right to know, but it'd shut them up accusing Sanpe tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Oops, wrote my post beofre reading the last one. Why hasn't Dumbledore told them about Snape, I know they probably have no right to know, but it'd shut them up accusing Sanpe tho!
    hmmm.... i think it's a pretty major reason + JKR is saving it up until we're all absalutely dying to know- i reckon it'll probably be book 7 before she lets on *prays that i am wrong*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    hmmm.... i think it's a pretty major reason + JKR is saving it up until we're all absalutely dying to know- i reckon it'll probably be book 7 before she lets on *prays that i am wrong*

lou xxx
    Hope she doesn't keep all the revelations til book 7 tho, it'll make book 6 really disappointing otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I've been reading it - but cant really think of anything to add.

There is one thing I've noticed and seen on another site somewhere - that is: is snape a vampire?

The evidience is as follows: Wears black, Sallow/pale face, Often described as bat like, Lupin set one class work on vampires after Snape set the essay on warewolves.

Ok so we know he goes out in the sun etc - but could it be a possibility?

PS has this been discussed before - I haven't read the entire thread.
    Hmmm... i really dont think or want snape to turn out to be a vampire because i think she has already done the teacher turning out to be a magical creature, plus then i think the story would be less oringal because so many story's have vampires. Hmmm that was kinda unclear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Hmmm... i really dont think or want snape to turn out to be a vampire because i think she has already done the teacher turning out to be a magical creature, plus then i think the story would be less oringal because so many story's have vampires. Hmmm that was kinda unclear...
    Started reading book three last night (I left book 2 at my parents' over the weekend ) So, something interesting, back to the "poor choice of character" for Sirius in the upcoming film. Just wanted to point out that when we first find out what he looks like in book three (look for yourselves, it's in something like chapter 2 or 3) Sirius is described as haggard, worn, scraggly, (I'm paraphrasing here), dirty, skinny....basically, the same guy we see in the screenshots.

Ever since book 3 i've always thought Crookshanks was an anamaigus because of the way he/she acts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Started reading book three last night (I left book 2 at my parents' over the weekend ) So, something interesting, back to the "poor choice of character" for Sirius in the upcoming film. Just wanted to point out that when we first find out what he looks like in book three (look for yourselves, it's in something like chapter 2 or 3) Sirius is described as haggard, worn, scraggly, (I'm paraphrasing here), dirty, skinny....basically, the same guy we see in the screenshots.

Hello???? Is there anyone out there? Is it me? Do I smell funny? *sniffs quizically at left armpit*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Ever since book 3 i've always thought Crookshanks was an anamaigus because of the way he/she acts.
    i just went and re-read the bit of book 3 where they discover that scabbers is really Peter. i don't think Crookshanks is an anamagus- it just says that he recognised both Padfoot and Wormtail as not really animals. I think it's more likely that Crookshanks is one of those cat-like things mention in the Comic relief beasts book (i can't remember what it's called). it's discussed earlier in this thread (but not that long ago).

Peter- i hear you, but i still think Sirius could be more attractive, Harry does describe sirius's eyes 'the only part of the sunken face that seemed alive'- i think Sirius needs to have the potential to become attractive, because he definately is when he's younger and at Lily/James's wedding and i imagine in the 4th + 5th books he becomes nice again (if slightly rugged...hmmmmm). there is no potential to be vaguely attractive in the actor who plays him (i want Viggo Mortenson- from LOTR).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i just went and re-read the bit of book 3 where they discover that scabbers is really Peter. i don't think Crookshanks is an anamagus- it just says that he recognised both Padfoot and Wormtail as not really animals. I think it's more likely that Crookshanks is one of those cat-like things mention in the Comic relief beasts book (i can't remember what it's called). it's discussed earlier in this thread (but not that long ago).

Peter- i hear you, but i still think Sirius could be more attractive, Harry does describe sirius's eyes 'the only part of the sunken face that seemed alive'- i think Sirius needs to have the potential to become attractive, because he definately is when he's younger and at Lily/James's wedding and i imagine in the 4th + 5th books he becomes nice again (if slightly rugged...hmmmmm). there is no potential to be vaguely attractive in the actor who plays him (i want Viggo Mortenson- from LOTR).

lou xxx
    Lou! Good to see people are still here!!! I was starting to feel unloved! if you look back a dozen or so pages, I posted a link to some "normal" non-made up picks of the dude playing sirius (he was on friends a few years ago, has been in dracula, etc etc) and according to my wife, lots of women find him VERY attractive. Of course, even after he gets cleaned up, he's going to look a little older than he is (mid forties rather than mid 30s) but that's because he spent the past 11 years in Azkaban.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a "more refined picture of GO.

http://www.fantafilm.it/attori/OLDMAN.JPG
    i found your post! took ages.... he's ok, but he's just not how i imagined Sirius to look- he looksmore like how i thoight Lupin would look. I really wanted Viggo Mortenson (he is just my image of Sirius + i think he's a god). I was disapointed with Lockhart as well in CoS- i imagined him as Hugh Grant- anyone agree.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i found your post! took ages.... he's ok, but he's just not how i imagined Sirius to look- he looksmore like how i thoight Lupin would look. I really wanted Viggo Mortenson (he is just my image of Sirius + i think he's a god). I was disapointed with Lockhart as well in CoS- i imagined him as Hugh Grant- anyone agree.

lou xxx
    I can sort of see where you're coming from with Viggo. But, he always looks more like a greaseball to me. (sorry). I always pictured him as a little more burly than he is, but then maybe I didn't pay enough attention to his discription in the book. If you want to see how he'll "clean up" though, you might want to check out this pic...

http://www.coillebheag.freeserve.co....%20dracula.jpg
    (from dracula)

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    As for lockhart, I agree, I pictured a blonde hugh grant (only exceedingly cheesier) I think that's what they got. Or at least as close as they could.

ReputationRep:
    As for lockhart, I agree, I pictured a blonde hugh grant (only exceedingly cheesier) I think that's what they got. Or at least as close as they could.
    yeah he is ok, i imagined hugh grant at his smarmiest and OTT. with his floppy hair from 4 weddings. hmmmm... they could have all my favouritest, sexiest actors in these films- but do they? no... grrr. the films are insyulting to the subtlties of the books.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....i have heard that rumor about Snape being a vampire. I'm not sure if it's true or not. I would think that he wasn't just because J.K. Rowling has allready made Lupin a werewolf. Of course I could be very wrong but who knows. I guess we will just have to wait for books 6 & 7 to find out.

Sorry if i dont get to post that much. School just started and I have a lot of homework to do allready. If I get the time I will certainly be posting. How could I not? lol.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry im a page behind in the post. Hope i didnt confuse anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    Sorry im a page behind in the post. Hope i didnt confuse anyone.
    not at all..i'm ina similar situation with school also...

CR

(Original post by CR3)
    not at all..i'm ina similar situation with school also...

CR
    I hear ya. Wow we ahve been on page 57 for ever!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I hear ya. Wow we ahve been on page 57 for ever!!
    Sorry that we me.... Let's see..... Xenon should be back soon.... i hope....

ummm I hope we will see more of charlie and bill but not percy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Sorry that we me.... Let's see..... Xenon should be back soon.... i hope....

ummm I hope we will see more of charlie and bill but not percy!
    Man i am trying to get us on page 58

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.