Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, the competition to go to Edinburgh was in the Telegraph this morning, really wish I was younger

ReputationRep:
    Have subscribers just gained the ability to change their screen name?

Im sure Ditzy used to be Blonde of something, and Wiwarin isnt any more :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Have subscribers just gained the ability to change their screen name?

Im sure Ditzy used to be Blonde of something, and Wiwarin isnt any more :confused:
    I did. Its not just subs, anyone can do it if they ask Pig nicely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    I did. Its not just subs, anyone can do it if they ask Pig nicely
    Or offer special services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Or offer special services
    :flute:

What are you trying to say about me?!

Anyway, Harry Potter, tis great!!

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Harry Potter...?

Just trying to drag the thread back on topic since what I get up to in the Hypersecret Sub area isn't really relevant!!

I love Harry Potter. Can't wait for the new book to be released, I'm going to book the Monday off work to recover from staying up all weekend reading!!

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea about Harry, but I'm sure Neville is going to play a part in the up coming books.

Personally I just want Harry to kick Vold. ass in a duel at the end. Best way.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Voldermort owns Harry... That little wimp needs a taste of his own medicine... Oh, and I hope Cho Chan blows Harry out for Draco... Or even better, Snape... In a bizarre student teacher tryst thing! It's almost too perfect... Oh and it turns out that Ron is an evil space frog who has been performing probes upon Harry for the past 5 years in order to conduct research for his evil alien frog planet! Finally, to top it all off... Hermione also turns to the dark side... Executes Dumbledore (he had it coming!) before maiming and then eating Hagrid... Unfortunately Rowling will stick to the same old Harry saves the day formula and everyone cheers for him resulting in Gryffindor winning the house cup somehow (how original!)

ReputationRep:
    He can't die, the story is told from his perspective, you can't end the most successful series of books in recent times with "and everything went black"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    He can't die, the story is told from his perspective, you can't end the most successful series of books in recent times with "and everything went black"
    or green:p:

ReputationRep:
    Why not pink and fluffy? or is that love?

oh you know it said that the killing curse is powered by something they couldn't be told about? I think it's powered by love lol. Because that'd just be ace, plus I read too much 8-bit T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dipsomaniac)
    I hope Voldermort owns Harry...
    Voldemort is gonna school him for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)

Yaa, if Harry dies the book will be a flop.

Zain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dipsomaniac)
    I hope Voldermort owns Harry... That little wimp needs a taste of his own medicine... Oh, and I hope Cho Chan blows Harry out for Draco... Or even better, Snape... In a bizarre student teacher tryst thing! It's almost too perfect... Oh and it turns out that Ron is an evil space frog who has been performing probes upon Harry for the past 5 years in order to conduct research for his evil alien frog planet! Finally, to top it all off... Hermione also turns to the dark side... Executes Dumbledore (he had it coming!) before maiming and then eating Hagrid... Unfortunately Rowling will stick to the same old Harry saves the day formula and everyone cheers for him resulting in Gryffindor winning the house cup somehow (how original!)
    Have you read the books at all. JK has gottern more letters of how dark her books are than any other author. And you say its almost perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Have you read the books at all. JK has gottern more letters of how dark her books are than any other author. And you say its almost perfect.
    But I bet its not the highest percentage of letters saying how dark her books are. She probably got the most letters only because she ahd the most letters in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Good point. And I don't think she'll kill off Harry because, think of all the little kids reading the book and how royally screwed up they'll be if their favourite character dies. (Or, for that matter, me...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazi_17)
    Good point. And I don't think she'll kill off Harry because, think of all the little kids reading the book and how royally screwed up they'll be if their favourite character dies. (Or, for that matter, me...)
    But you have to consider that by the time they are old enough to have read them all then they are old enough for the main character to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    But you have to consider that by the time they are old enough to have read them all then they are old enough for the main character to die.
    Besides, I think it would be really good if Harry did die because it would give the readers an insite into the fact that all storys don't have a happy endding. Look at the endding of LOTR.

ReputationRep:
    I dont like harry potter films/books

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.