The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mishael
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I was rereading OOTP the other day and came up with a question.

There are obviously lots of Death Eaters still at large. Many of these were tried and found innocent back in the days after Voldie disappeared - Karakoff, Malfoy, Macnair etc (Fudge says so when Harry accuses them all of being death eaters at the end of the Goblet of Fire). But what about the Dark Mark? Surely its a sure fire way of checking if you were a death eater or not - just a quick look at Malfoy's arm and he'd have been banged up in Azkaban. Did the mark disappear after Voldie did and only start reappearing again in GOF?
Dipsomaniac
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got neg repped for saying that I hoped that VOldermort would own Harry! What is the world coming to? If I get my hands on you I'll beat you into a Sirius like blob with my Firebolt! Huzzah... Quidditch awaits... Malfoy owns Harry's scrawny ass!
Dipsomaniac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That wasn't a 'Sirius' threat on your person by the way... Just a joke...
spoonofdeath
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dipsomaniac)
That wasn't a 'Sirius' threat on your person by the way... Just a joke...
neg rep recieved :P.... (not me though)
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mishael)

There are obviously lots of Death Eaters still at large. Many of these were tried and found innocent back in the days after Voldie disappeared - Karakoff, Malfoy, Macnair etc (Fudge says so when Harry accuses them all of being death eaters at the end of the Goblet of Fire). But what about the Dark Mark? Surely its a sure fire way of checking if you were a death eater or not - just a quick look at Malfoy's arm and he'd have been banged up in Azkaban. Did the mark disappear after Voldie did and only start reappearing again in GOF?
well snape still has the dark mark, and he's no longer a death eater (i hope). There are bound to be a few people out there that carry the mark but are no longer voldermort's followers...
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mishael)

Because many of those followers were blackmailed into becoming his followers, and got the mark reguardless.

EDIT: Small proof of how I have no social life. I know pocess over 1000 posts on this thread :rolleyes: .
clouds
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What do u guys think?personally i don't really like the harry in book 5.He just seems so angry and unreasonable.It's not as if prof Dum caused the death of sirus.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
EDIT: Small proof of how I have no social life. I know pocess over 1000 posts on this thread :rolleyes: .
Cool, join the club!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by clouds)
What do u guys think?personally i don't really like the harry in book 5.He just seems so angry and unreasonable.It's not as if prof Dum caused the death of sirus.
Harrys anger was understandable. If you witnessed the Ulitmate Evil rise again and then be kept in the dark for 4 weeks, wouldn't you be upset and angry. I know I would.

And as for Sirius death, I'd say he's more angry with himself then with Dumbledore
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Cool, join the club!
It won't be long before the rest of them catch up .
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Harrys anger was understandable. If you witnessed the Ulitmate Evil rise again and then be kept in the dark for 4 weeks, wouldn't you be upset and angry. I know I would.

And as for Sirius death, I'd say he's more angry with himself then with Dumbledore
Yeah, he thought that if he hadn't gone off to look for Sirius and had just used the 2 way mirror, Sirius might be alive. Harry's gone through a lot and has the fate of the whole world on his hands. He's allowed one or 2 breakdowns. But he'll be back, hopefully less moody.
Dipsomaniac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hopefully more moody... I reckon Voldermort is Harry's father! Rowling plagiarizes so many other books... Why not Star Wars too?
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hopefully more moody... I reckon Voldermort is Harry's father! Rowling plagiarizes so many other books... Why not Star Wars too?
Oh god, its already been stated by JK that James Potter is Harrys Father. He looks exacity like him, its been said so many times.

And JK does not plagiarize other books. Its all her own material.
Dipsomaniac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Calm down! Its only a commercial! Just imagine if Harry turned out to be gay! Lol... It would be quite funny if Ron was actually... Maybe he has a bit of an infatuation with Harry... Ron the Voyeur!
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Calm down! Its only a commercial! Just imagine if Harry turned out to be gay! Lol... It would be quite funny if Ron was actually... Maybe he has a bit of an infatuation with Harry... Ron the Voyeur!
I see you don't limit your intelligent conversation to the D&D forum. Shame. :rolleyes:
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mainly for showing off purposes, but here is the current post count of everyone whos posted on this thread (those above 100 posts)

Xenon 1341
Dude 1006
PadFoot90 894
Ditzy 831
Moncal 755
Brooklyn 642
Egan1 520
ladyblitzer 487
Sire 386
pr1 326
parvati 255
curryADD 238
kcoverst 223
Magic101 183
lotrobsessed524 178
CR3 170
leroylina 159
kikas 150
Geogger 132
lavender 132
Prongs_TheGreat 123
juueru_chou 108
Peter The Great 107
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wonder how many of us will make it to 1000 before the book comes out...
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
I wonder how many of us will make it to 1000 before the book comes out...
Well I dount that you'll get to 1,000 before HBP, but definatly before the sevenith book comes out you'll be on 1,000 (me and Xenon will properly be on 2,000 )
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How do you find out stuff like that?
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Well I dount that you'll get to 1,000 before HBP, but definatly before the sevenith book comes out you'll be on 1,000 (me and Xenon will properly be on 2,000 )
You just hide and watch.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (30)
55.56%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (8)
14.81%

Watched Threads