Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    How do you find out stuff like that?
    In the forum view, click the number of replies to a thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well I dount that you'll get to 1,000 before HBP, but definatly before the sevenith book comes out you'll be on 1,000 (me and Xenon will properly be on 2,000 )
    Lol, there'll be a huge insurgence of posts after the 7th book comes out. People's post counts on this thread will probably increase dramatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Egan1 520
    You know, I reckon that Megan deserves to have a lot more posts than she has, because her posts are usually two to three times the size of everyone else's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You know, I reckon that Megan deserves to have a lot more posts than she has, because her posts are usually two to three times the size of everyone else's.
    Yer, she does. But what can you do?

ReputationRep:
    Positive rep her instead to compensate?

ReputationRep:
    Little bit of news from mugglenet.

Details on HBP printing security
    The Sun published today an article including all the details of the security measures put in place to avoid leaks:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince is being produced in seperate chunks to stop workers leaking the plot before its official July 16 release.

More than 1,000 staff are scrutinised on the way in and out of the Druckerei GGP works at Possneck, which is surrounded by an 8ft chain-link fence with a guarded gate.

Security staff have orders to examine all bags - and even lunchboxes - as well as make random checks on lockers, desks and other workplace areas.

Mobile phones and recording devices are banned to stop printers reciting sections of text about Harry's adventures at Hogwarts School.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Little bit of news from mugglenet.

Details on HBP printing security
    The Sun published today an article including all the details of the security measures put in place to avoid leaks:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince is being produced in seperate chunks to stop workers leaking the plot before its official July 16 release.

More than 1,000 staff are scrutinised on the way in and out of the Druckerei GGP works at Possneck, which is surrounded by an 8ft chain-link fence with a guarded gate.

Security staff have orders to examine all bags - and even lunchboxes - as well as make random checks on lockers, desks and other workplace areas.

Mobile phones and recording devices are banned to stop printers reciting sections of text about Harry's adventures at Hogwarts School.
    It seems a little sad really, if sensible. Im glad I dnt work there .

ReputationRep:
    It seems a little sad really, if sensible. Im glad I dnt work there .
    Well remember last time that some worker his some pages in his lunch box.

EDIT: And it would appear that it is needed

HBP manuscript leaked?
    Recently, thousands of £50 bets have been placed on a certain character (who we won't name) dying in HBP. The bets have been placed by residents of Bungay, Suffolk, where the sixth book is being printed. Warren Lush of Ladbrokes said: "We weren't foolish enough to take the bets. There are obviously people out there who have read the manuscripts." Another chain of bookstores said it was "obvious" that a manuscript of HBP had been leaked and read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Well remember last time that some worker his some pages in his lunch box.

EDIT: And it would appear that it is needed

HBP manuscript leaked?
    Recently, thousands of £50 bets have been placed on a certain character (who we won't name) dying in HBP. The bets have been placed by residents of Bungay, Suffolk, where the sixth book is being printed. Warren Lush of Ladbrokes said: "We weren't foolish enough to take the bets. There are obviously people out there who have read the manuscripts." Another chain of bookstores said it was "obvious" that a manuscript of HBP had been leaked and read.
    I was just coming to this thread to report that! From mugglenet?

It makes me really sad actually. I don't want to know who it is. I really hope nobody tells me before it comes out, it'd ruin it. Can we make a rule for this thread that nobody says who it's going to be? Or, if you absolutely must, at least remember to put a massive spoiler warning up first, as per the rules? With lots of space before you write it? I really hate spoilers when to comes to things I've been anticipating so long as this book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wagon)
    I was just coming to this thread to report that! From mugglenet?

It makes me really sad actually. I don't want to know who it is. I really hope nobody tells me before it comes out, it'd ruin it. Can we make a rule for this thread that nobody says who it's going to be? Or, if you absolutely must, at least remember to put a massive spoiler warning up first, as per the rules? With lots of space before you write it? I really hate spoilers when to comes to things I've been anticipating so long as this book
    I didn't want to know either, but unfortually Newsround metioned it. I normally rely on them for good news, but I didn't want to know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I didn't want to know either, but unfortually Newsround metioned it. I normally rely on them for good news, but I didn't want to know that.
    that's rubbish. Although, mugglenet updated their article to say...

(Original post by mugglenet)
    UPDATE: We have just received the following email from Bloomsbury, the UK publisher of the books:
    J. K. Rowling has mentioned previously, in various situations, that any rumour, unless confirmed by herself personally, or by her publishers which are, but not limited to; Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, Scholastic Trade Books and Raincoast Publishing, is merely a rumour and should be treated as trivial.

We repeat: The security measures in Bungay are sufficient to ensure the prevention of any 'leaks'.
    So someone might have tricked the people by making up a rumour about who's going to die, and everyone's believing it... I hope so anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I also came to report it after hearing it on the radio .

As said, the workers work on different sections of the book to prevent them piecing it together, but it only takes 2 words read idly to find out who dies. It is possibly real.

ReputationRep:
    I also came to report it after hearing it on the radio .

As said, the workers work on different sections of the book to prevent them piecing it together, but it only takes 2 words read idly to find out who dies. It is possibly real.
    I'm hoping that it's made up - after all, there was always going to be crazy rumours flying around about this sort of thing, but yeah, I guess they might be right.
    It seems that lots of places are going to be reporting on it. It's going to be difficult to not find out, it seems. I may have to sit alone in a dark room until the book comes out to prevent it happening.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad that the betting company didn't take the bets. Cos that way, we won't find out who they were betting on, so if it was real, we still won't find out.

I hope they just made it up...

But the dark room sounds good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by absentmindedone)
    I'm just glad that the betting company didn't take the bets. Cos that way, we won't find out who they were betting on, so if it was real, we still won't find out.

I hope they just made it up...

But the dark room sounds good...
    But Newsround said who it was they were betting on! Grrrr. And I was stupidly on a news site earlier, and I saw the name of one of the characters from HP really quickly, before screaming and looking away. Stupid news.

ReputationRep:
    I hope he doesn't die. But u never know, JK might try to make him seem all noble and kill him in the end. I really don't hope so.

ReputationRep:
    Now I've been saying since OotP came out that I think he's going to die. I think it would make Harry's journey more interesting if he had to finally defeat Voldemort on his own. It'd be a bit cruel, having another person he was close to die, but it would probably be worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    Now I've been saying since OotP came out that I think he's going to die. I think it would make Harry's journey more interesting if he had to finally defeat Voldemort on his own. It'd be a bit cruel, having another person he was close to die, but it would probably be worth it
    I suspect that you just gave away the name of the mystery person to those who didn't already know.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect that you just gave away the name of the mystery person to those who didn't already know.
    Not really, all I implied was that it was someone close to him (obvious) Unless someone has been back and read ALL my posts then I didn't give much away

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it seems to make the person obvious to me because I already know.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.