Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mishael)
    As for Harry's death, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that it's Ron who's going to die. Logically I think Harry HAS to defeat Voldermort - it's what all the books have been leading towards, and it would be wholly unsatisfying for the world to be plunged into blood and chaos right at the end of a series JK has already stated she has no intention of continuing.
    [/SIZE]
    To be honest, I understand why it could be Ron to die. I mean, he's always been in the shadows of both his family members and Harry. If he were to die, he would be known for being tremendously brave and would himself be acknowledged. But I too hope that neither he nor Hermione dies. It would be too unfair on Harry, and neither deserve to die, but they are such loyal friends, and would do anything to protect Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    To be honest, I understand why it could be Ron to die. I mean, he's always been in the shadows of both his family members and Harry. If he were to die, he would be known for being tremendously brave and would himself be acknowledged. But I too hope that neither he nor Hermione dies. It would be too unfair on Harry, and neither deserve to die, but they are such loyal friends, and would do anything to protect Harry.
    I know, and that's what would make it so fitting to the theme JK is building up - that death is random and tragic, and that bad things happen to good people. I don't think Hermione dying would have the same effect - she's just not as big or as likeable a character as Ron, and she's not as close to Harry.

To be honest, I'd be really surprised if all three of them made it.

ReputationRep:
    VOLDEMORT WILL DIE IM TELLING YOU!!!

(In book 6)

It fits.

ReputationRep:
    It could be Ron though, Remember in Book 3 I think they are all eating Christmas Dinner a Hogwarts and Trelawny comes along but says at first that she doesn't want to eat with them because when thirteen dine the first to rise will be the first to die? And Ron and Harry rose at (virtually) the same time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    VOLDEMORT WILL DIE IM TELLING YOU!!!

(In book 6)

It fits.
    But if voldie dies in book six, what do they do in book seven? :confused: Just sit around and have a big party?

ReputationRep:
    No, harry becomes evil, obviously.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol interesting twist...

but seriously, i hadn't considered Ron dying before but the arguments presented here are very convincing and i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true. I'd rather Ron die than Dumbledore or Snape...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Rickman)
    lol interesting twist...

but seriously, i hadn't considered Ron dying before but the arguments presented here are very convincing and i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true. I'd rather Ron die than Dumbledore or Snape...
    I think Dumbledore might well die as well as Ron. :p: He's getting pretty old anyway (around 150 I think) and I think him dying will clear the way for Harry to become the new Greatest Wizard. While Dumbledore is alive he'll always overshadow Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mishael)
    I think Dumbledore might well die as well as Ron. :p: He's getting pretty old anyway (around 150 I think) and I think him dying will clear the way for Harry to become the new Greatest Wizard. While Dumbledore is alive he'll always overshadow Harry.
    I agree i think Dumbledore might die, possibly either in book 6 or the beginning of book 7 as that then leaves a bit of a 'what do we do now?' situation for them all to work through.

ReputationRep:
    I hadnt considered Dumbledore overshadowing Harry as a problem but I suppose you're right.

I cant belive how close the book release is - seems like only yesterday I was thinking 'only 3 months to go'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I hadnt considered Dumbledore overshadowing Harry as a problem but I suppose you're right.

I cant belive how close the book release is - seems like only yesterday I was thinking 'only 3 months to go'
    I know what you mean. Hard to believe theres only a few weeks left

ReputationRep:
    My mum's lost/thrown away my deposit receipt! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I know what you mean. Hard to believe theres only a few weeks left
    It's sooo exciting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    My mum's lost/thrown away my deposit receipt! :eek:
    :eek: nooooo, does that mean you wont be able to get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventricles)
    :eek: nooooo, does that mean you wont be able to get it?
    Nar, they take everybodys name down.

So you just have to give your name if you've lost it.

ReputationRep:
    OK, minor emergency here : How likely is it that a shop seeling HBP will be open in Luton airport at midnight? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Depends how big your firearm is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    OK, minor emergency here : How likely is it that a shop seeling HBP will be open in Luton airport at midnight? :eek:
    Unlikely, but you can ask them

ReputationRep:
    I need to order me a copy, I just keep not getting around to it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    Well it DOES have a bookshop and, in the summer, I would have thought that many shops will be open 24/7

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.