Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    There doesn't seem to be as much hype over this one as there was for book 5, like no way near as much press coverage etc. Maybe it will pick up more in the last week =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aplin)
    There doesn't seem to be as much hype over this one as there was for book 5, like no way near as much press coverage etc. Maybe it will pick up more in the last week =/
    It will most likely be in the last week.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4081618.stm

Did we pick up on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    My mum's lost/thrown away my deposit receipt! :eek:
    ha ive done exactly the same thing. When you order one though they take ur name just so they know u havent taken the reciept from some poor kid whos just pre ordered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4081618.stm

Did we pick up on this?
    Hmmm, large stone bowl. When I saw that, the Occulumency (sp?) bowl came into my mind.

ReputationRep:
    I might be way way off here, but what do we think about the boat, the gates and the fire on the book cover? Reminds me of the greek version of hell. With the boat down to the gates? And the big three headed dog? I'm probably completley off the mark, as that would take a bit of a religious twist, and JK hasn't looked at issues to do with God/Devil.

But hey, that's just what i thought when i first looked at it. xx

ReputationRep:
    Oohh, back cover. I did wonder what would appear here...

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter must die! Harry Potter is not a fairy tale, therefore there shouldn't be a happy ending! Harry or Neville, whoever it is, MUST DIE.

ReputationRep:
    arrrrrrrgh,I dont want to read order of the phoniex again,i hate reading something twice,though I forgot alot of it I think,I only remember the general events,series dieing after falling behind the thingie,and the mirror he gave it to harry,that evil women who subtiuted dumbeldore for a while and that fred and george left hogwart and opened a jokes shop,and that their son the one elder than ron,wanted nothing to do with them and he left house,at the end the council believed harry and thats all I can remember
    can anybody write a summry about the story,I don't have the story as I borrowed it from my friend once and read it,and I can't buy it cause I'm btroke at the moment:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    arrrrrrrgh,I dont want to read order of the phoniex again,i hate reading something twice,though I forgot alot of it I think,I only remember the general events,series dieing after falling behind the thingie,and the mirror he gave it to harry,that evil women who subtiuted dumbeldore for a while and that fred and george left hogwart and opened a jokes shop,and that their son the one elder than ron,wanted nothing to do with them and he left house,at the end the council believed harry and thats all I can remember
    can anybody write a summry about the story,I don't have the story as I borrowed it from my friend once and read it,and I can't buy it cause I'm btroke at the moment:p:
    I love reading things more than once, esspecially in things like Harry Potter because you can see if you've missed anything. As soon as I read HBP for the first time, I'm going to re-read it again and read the whole series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I love reading things more than once, esspecially in things like Harry Potter because you can see if you've missed anything. As soon as I read HBP for the first time, I'm going to re-read it again and read the whole series
    oh i agree, i love reading things again to pick up on all the bits you missed first time, (hence why i just re read the whole series, so am now all ready to read HBP ), and yes i'll be reading HBP twice aswell i think as the first time i know i wont pick up on all the little things rowling likes to pop in, as i'll just be excited that i'm reading it lol, and will only notice the obvious things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'm going to read it straight through, then I'm going to do a whole lot of posting for a day or two then I'm going to read it again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably the same here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering, if there's a pensive in the book cover, could that show an important part in the book? If so, what would it mean; what part would it play? Could it be that occulumency plays an important role? Or that Harry and Dumbledore take a trip to someone's memories-Voldie's or HBP's?
    Just throwing some ideas...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm wondering, if there's a pensive in the book cover, could that show an important part in the book? If so, what would it mean; what part would it play? Could it be that occulumency plays an important role? Or that Harry and Dumbledore take a trip to someone's memories-Voldie's or HBP's?
    Just throwing some ideas...
    Well as its on the main front cover of the American one, it has to play an important role in the story.

ReputationRep:
    Was the red train important in the Philosophrs Stone?

Was the blue car particularly important in COS?

Was Buckbeak a main protagonist in POA?

The eggs were a brief moment in the next one.

Going along with the other covers, presumably the scene depicted is simply one of note in the book, or one that can be well depicted.

ReputationRep:
    do you think that jkowling tells the author what to draw or do you think that he has read the book before hand? sry jus sumthin i always wonderd!

ReputationRep:
    do you think that jkowling tells the author what to draw or do you think that he has read the book before hand? sry jus sumthin i always wonderd

sorry totally messed uo ther!

di u think that jk tells the illustrater what to draw or do you think the artist has read the book and picked out what he thinks is apprpriate?

sorry guys!

ReputationRep:
    I believe that probably he is told what to draw, with possibly an extract from an unimportant scene or with a more accurate description from JK.

ReputationRep:
    yer i always wondered that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.