Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Wooo, just did another update!! (I've been so slack!!)

We missed the threads second birthday too

ReputationRep:
    Belated thread's HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :party: It's at the grand old age of 2. No problem that it's a bit late, but butterbeers all round!!!

ReputationRep:
    What? Oh, er: Happy birthday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Belated thread's HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :party: It's at the grand old age of 2. No problem that it's a bit late, but butterbeers all round!!!
    Thanks for the butterbeer. Here's some cake that Dobby made for us!

Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
    I tried to get the cake but the damn glass in my monitor got in the way. Smashy smashy...

ReputationRep:
    So when HBP comes out are we going to have a spoiler version of the UD to post on that will later be merged into the UD? Or are we just going to keep posting on the UD with the understanding that it will contain spoilers?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we could have discussions based on certain chapters, so that those who want to discuss it can without reading anything they had not come across yet.

like a thread for chapters 1-5, 6-10, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    So when HBP comes out are we going to have a spoiler version of the UD to post on that will later be merged into the UD? Or are we just going to keep posting on the UD with the understanding that it will contain spoilers?
    Not much point really since we have the power to put in spoiler tags now. Also the fact that I think some of us will be avoiding this thread until we have read it

Spoiler:
    Show
    so we can discuss whaterver we want until we are sure that everyone has read it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - Ill be reading the whole thing before coming on TSR again.

ReputationRep:
    Bleuch - I can't understand how there's a society based around a children's book here. I doubt I'll be reading the upcoming books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Not much point really since we have the power to put in spoiler tags now. Also the fact that I think some of us will be avoiding this thread until we have read it

Spoiler:
    Show
    so we can discuss whaterver we want until we are sure that everyone has read it
    I just don't like spoiler tags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    I just don't like spoiler tags.
    Learn to!! To be honest its the easiest solution though.

Personally I intend to read constantly so it shouldn't be a problem. Moron's will still blatantly post spoilers with no warning though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh, and we've missed our 2 year Birthdays on the forum too.

My mum and sister bought me home a Godric Gryffinfor sword they bought from Woolworths the other day. -Complete with sound effects, and for the bargain price of £2. Nice

ReputationRep:
    Sounds - er - great . Lightsabers are better though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Sounds - er - great . Lightsabers are better though :p:
    Actually, I'm quite surprised I don't have a Lightsaber yet. I've got quite a large collection of toy swords (bit of a fetish?) but this is my first one with sound effects *tee hee*. I think it's meant to have lights as well but they don't appear to work (thank goodness) which is probably why it was reduced.

It was just a joke present but I'm sure I'll have fun with it, and it can be added to our very large dressing up collection (after a few duels with my brother perhaps)

-Actually- talking of dressing up, I went to a friend's party a few weeks ago which was supposedly vaguely HP themed. Got all dressed up with a magical robe thing and my orange velvet witches hat, with matching black and orange stripey socks- only to turn up and find out no one else was wearing fancy dress! *shock horror* Thankfully, one of my friends came to my house first and I forced him into matching gear in case of such an event. Also took a few spare cloaks to force onto unsuspecting party-goers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Bleuch - I can't understand how there's a society based around a children's book here. I doubt I'll be reading the upcoming books.
    This is a society.

We aint that low :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!! Amazon have declined my credit card, I need to provide them with other details, so now I have a real dilemma, do I give them the details for my other card and hope that they go through alright and the book turns up, or do I cancel it altogether and go to Tescos at midnight and hope they have it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    ARGH!! Amazon have declined my credit card, I need to provide them with other details, so now I have a real dilemma, do I give them the details for my other card and hope that they go through alright and the book turns up, or do I cancel it altogether and go to Tescos at midnight and hope they have it?!
    defiently queue at midnight- more fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    defiently queue at midnight- more fun
    Its not going to be the big event though, it'd just be nipping down to the local 24 Tescos on my own at about half 12 and picking it up. I'm quite tempted though, at least then I'll know I've got a copy, none of this waiting about for the postman and praying Amazon haven't screwed up!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    Its not going to be the big event though, it'd just be nipping down to the local 24 Tescos on my own at about half 12 and picking it up. I'm quite tempted though, at least then I'll know I've got a copy, none of this waiting about for the postman and praying Amazon haven't screwed up!!
    exactly!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.