Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ARGH!! I was all for the Tescos option, then I went and asked the lady at the Tescos helpdesk about it and she was most unhelpful :mad: She couldn't tell me if they were selling it at midnight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    ARGH!! I was all for the Tescos option, then I went and asked the lady at the Tescos helpdesk about it and she was most unhelpful :mad: She couldn't tell me if they were selling it at midnight!
    wot about another shop like woolies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    wot about another shop like woolies
    Tescos is closer and its 24 hours anyway, it was just the easiest option. I think I will cancel my amazon order though, I can go to Tescos and if they don't have it I can try Morrisons, and Woolies and Smiths in town!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why not borrow your parent's card and use it at amazon.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I'm a bit annoyed that I pre-ordered at W H Smaiths, which is in Harrow. I could have got it from my local Asda, which I think is open 24 hours, and got my mum to drive me over there to pick it up.

ReputationRep:
    I may get my dad to talk me into town and get it at midnight. If not I'll get the bus into town. Theres 2 shops that are going to be well stocked up.

ReputationRep:
    Royal mail has asked everyone from this monday to do overtime (upto 12 extra hours) due to the new Harry Potter book. Means that they will have the book from monday, early so can be delivered to everyone on the day of release.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I had wondered if it would cause them problems.

Read in the paper today that they expect 2 million books to be sold within the first 24 hours, then another 2 million within weeks. ot only is this more than most books sell ever, but it smashes the order of the phoenix's record of 1.7 million in the first day.

ReputationRep:
    Not related to anything currently under discussion, but do people think Trelawny will be back to teach Divination this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Not related to anything currently under discussion, but do people think Trelawny will be back to teach Divination this year?
    Oooh, possibly not, I reckon Fienze will stay on. Something in the back of my head says this is mentioned at the end of OotP :confused:

Just one thing I noted when readed OotP on the train today, do you have to be a teacher to become Head? Just wondered coz I kinda assumed you did, but then the portrait in St Mungos says that Dilys Derwent was a Healer from 1722-1741 and Headmistress from 1741-1768. Anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    She has to be back in some fashion. Maybe house elf supervisor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    She has to be back in some fashion. Maybe house elf supervisor.
    lol/ but now we know why dumbledore wants to keep her...so definatly I think, shes already been crucial to two books plots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    lol/ but now we know why dumbledore wants to keep her...so definatly I think, shes already been crucial to two books plots!
    I think that 2 prophesies is all she had left in here, but at the rate we're going, she should spit another one out by book 7.

ReputationRep:
    I think that 2 prophesies is all she had left in here, but at the rate we're going, she should spit another one out by book 7.
    I agree!

anyway...

about patron saint godric and the stag! harry now has a nouther connection to gryffindor!

how did the jepordy thing go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    I agree!

anyway...

about patron saint godric and the stag! harry now has a nouther connection to gryffindor!

how did the jepordy thing go?
    I don't really get how saint Godric is related to a stag.

re: Jeopardy
    I did really well at the tryouts. If anything I only faltered on the interview part. So I made it into the Teen contestant pool. Now I just have to hope that I'm one of the 15 people chosen to actually be in the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get how saint Godric is related to a stag.

re: Jeopardy
    I did really well at the tryouts. If anything I only faltered on the interview part. So I made it into the Teen contestant pool. Now I just have to hope that I'm one of the 15 people chosen to actually be in the tournament.
    it was his symbol or something...

GOOD JOB! make arkansas proud! (a literate son!) wow!

Born

1069 at Walpole, Norfolk, England

Died

1170 at Finchale, County Durham, England of natural causes

Representation

very old hermit dressed in white, kneeling on grass and holding a rosary, with a stag by him

Additional Information

English Medieval Studies
    For All The Saints, by Katherine Rabenstein

his symbol includes him with a stag

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ...eut/index.html

The book has been sold early in Canada, the story has been leaked and so has the half blood prince identity

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharma)
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ...eut/index.html

The book has been sold early in Canada, the story has been leaked and so has the half blood prince identity
    Man am I glad I didn't click on that link .

Didn't this happen last time and JK got really pissed off about it.

ReputationRep:
    CNN must have edited it...I didn't see any identity there.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.