The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
CNN must have edited it...I didn't see any identity there.
Well of course they would have. JK must have contacted them and told them to remove it immedialy. I would have.

Also shame on you looking for spoilers :mad:
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
shame on that dude for not using spoiler tags...
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Well of course they would have. JK must have contacted them and told them to remove it immedialy. I would have.

Also shame on you looking for spoilers :mad:
:bawling: I couldn't help myself :bawling: But I was very careful, I read each word very carefully closing my eyes so I wouldn't see the rest of the sentence and so I would have stopped if the said and "the identity of the HPB is..."
Anyways the identity of the HPB isn't important waht is is how he affects teh plot
Ventricles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I found this for anyone who'd like to see, it's some reviews by people who saw the first showing of GoF in America, Some mixed views, most seem to think the casting was fab but varying thoughts on the actual film......

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20682
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just a thought, I was rereading OotP last night (in preparation for saturday ) and I got to the bit when Umbridge tries to trick Harry into taking the Veritaserium. Harry catches sight of the kittens on one of the plates with eyes like Moody's magical one. What if Moody was using it to keep an eye on Harry? Highly unlikely, and probably would have been mentioned at the end of OotP if he was but...
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Man am I glad I didn't click on that link .

Didn't this happen last time and JK got really pissed off about it.
Ditto here!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ventricles)
I found this for anyone who'd like to see, it's some reviews by people who saw the first showing of GoF in America, Some mixed views, most seem to think the casting was fab but varying thoughts on the actual film......

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20682
Eh? Isn't it being released somewhen during the winter? I might be completely out of it- but it'd surely be a stupid marketing move to release it to coincide with the new book.

Anyway, I'm off to help at my school's year 7 camp for a few days (come back Friday- just in time *phew*) so wont be able to check up on all the last minute goings on.

I keep having random ideas pop into my head- should have written them down but nevermind...not long to go and we'll have a whole new set of theories to think up
Ventricles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Eh? Isn't it being released somewhen during the winter? I might be completely out of it- but it'd surely be a stupid marketing move to release it to coincide with the new book.

Anyway, I'm off to help at my school's year 7 camp for a few days (come back Friday- just in time *phew*) so wont be able to check up on all the last minute goings on.

I keep having random ideas pop into my head- should have written them down but nevermind...not long to go and we'll have a whole new set of theories to think up
Oh it's not released till october (i think), and the film isnt even finished yet, from what i can gather i think it was a showing pre special effects and final editing, just to see what people generally thought of it at the moment, but i'm not sure
xlouisedoll
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^ Yep, that is correct. The film won't be released until something like half-way through November.
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Was the Azkaban film any good? Ive only seen the first two .
Ventricles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by staylor)
Well i thought it was quite good, and it was by far the best so far. I think the acting was alot better (on the childrens parts) and Emma Watson finally got rid of her over pronunciation
Euge
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It was ok, but not great. The whole thing felt increbibly rushed.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by staylor)
Compare it to the other films rather than the books and it was brilliant!!
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Perhaps I shoudl dig out a copy then.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
At the time when J K's interview came out, there was a bit of discussion on this. So, now that we are eagerly awaiting the next book, let me bring up some of her old comments to discuss again...
I thought that I would give you something though, rather than get to the end of today and think that I have not given you a lot. There are two questions that I have never been asked but that I should have been asked, if you know what I mean. If you want to speculate on anything, you should speculate on these two things, which will point you in the right direction. The first question that I have never been asked—it has probably been asked in a chatroom but no one has ever asked me—is, “Why didn’t Voldemort die?” Not, “Why did Harry live?” but, “Why didn’t Voldemort die?” The killing curse rebounded, so he should have died. Why didn’t he? At the end of Goblet of Fire he says that one or more of the steps that he took enabled him to survive. You should be wondering what he did to make sure that he did not die—I will put it that way. I don’t think that it is guessable. It may be—someone could guess it—but you should be asking yourself that question, particularly now that you know about the prophesy. I’d better stop there or I will really incriminate myself. The other question that I am surprised no one has asked me since Phoenix came out—I thought that people would—is why Dumbledore did not kill or try to kill Voldemort in the scene in the ministry. I know that I am giving a lot away to people who have not read the book. Although Dumbledore gives a kind of reason to Voldemort, it is not the real reason. When I mentioned that question to my husband—I told Neil that I was going to mention it to you—he said that it was because Dumbledore knows that there are two more books to come. As you can see, we are on the same literary wavelength. [Laughter]. That is not the answer; Dumbledore knows something slightly more profound than that. If you want to wonder about anything, I would advise you to concentrate on those two questions. That might take you a little bit further.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
o0o
peppermint_patt
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hi everyone, tomorrows the day!!!! I'm so excited! is anybody actually going to the shops at midnight??? who do you think the half blood prince is??? x
staylor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
At the time when J K's interview came out, there was a bit of discussion on this. So, now that we are eagerly awaiting the next book, let me bring up some of her old comments to discuss again...
Never seen that before. Interesting - perhaps Dumbledore has Harry protection (though Im sure this has all been discussed before)...
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Less than a day! I can't wait!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
Less than a day! I can't wait!
Less than 11 hours!! (god I love being British!!)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (153)
27.42%
No (405)
72.58%

Watched Threads